MERGED: Ricky's run already ended | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ricky's run already ended

i agree..ronnie is our future...lets look to him...

SO..what they're saying is that Dave Wannstedt single handedly ruined Ricky with his 3hundred something carries??

As i suspected its an Aaron Schatz article, this is the guy (if anyone reads footballoutsiders.com) Who suggested last before last season that our running game would improve without Ricky and the only way to suceed in the nfl is using running back by comitee :shakeno:, the guy is a fool plain and simple

that article was totally biased. i mean he had some good points and stats but u can tell he just doesnt like ricky or the dophins. i didnt like the read at all i think it sucked. dont gewt me wrong i dont like ricky at all but u have to acknowledge his skills yeah al those stats are true but what about the stats he didnt mention. like the one where hes pro bowl mvp and his 1800 yard season. dont like icky fine but respect his skill and acomplishments and since hes coming ack and theres nothing we can do about it so y not accept the fact that hes coming and live with it and like him. that article sucked and biased theres no reason tho hate that much. that guy just doesnt like the dolphins so again i say that article sucked big ***

The only differences I see with all the backs mentioned and our situation is Ricky isnt going to be our featured back. He doesnt have to carry the team. The backfield belongs to R. Brown. Anything additional Ricky can contribute is gravy.

jribs said:
I looked and didn't see this posted, if it has...sorry

Williams is not going to save the Miami Dolphins. In fact, Williams isn't going to help Miami win a single game that the Dolphins wouldn't win otherwise. If Miami fans think they will be watching Ricky the super-stud running back this season, I've got some bad news: That guy doesn't exist anymore.

In fact, that guy existed for only one season, 2002. And his 383 carries that year burnt him out for good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schatz/050607&num=0

Good find, and a good read. Uh oh I hear the feat of the Ricky-huggers pounding in here to whine and cry.

that article is hardly fair and balanced.. lol.

Could Ricky's lower numbers in 2003 had anything to do with him ducking hits and running out of bounds all the time? Just a thought.:)

the thing about ricky is, he is not our saviour(sp).. brown is.. saban wants to up ricky value for us for this year and to try to get something in return for him... right now we are owed 8.6 million for him .. which equals $0.0 .. he can be an insurance policy and trade bait at the same time...

SABA-TOOTH said:
the thing about ricky is, he is not our saviour(sp).. brown is.. saban wants to up ricky value for us for this year and to try to get something in return for him... right now we are owed 8.6 million for him .. which equals $0.0 .. he can be an insurance policy and trade bait at the same time...
Ricky doesn't deserve to wear the aqua and orange.

Megatron said:
Good find, and a good read. Uh oh I hear the feat of the Ricky-huggers pounding in here to whine and cry.

This coming from a guy who likes the Transformers. :shakeno:
I'm not a Ricky hugger. I hate what he did to our team last year. But I do know that he can help this team. That's all that matters to me: Wins for the Dolphins. The article was a single point of view that Ricky haters cream over. But the same ones that hate him will still love to see him bust a 50 something yard game clinching TD against teams like the Jets and Bills.
It's the same with me. I don't like Feeley AT ALL. But if he starts, I will pull for him to do well and cheer when he throws a TD pass.
What it boils down to is this: Regardless of what we, the fans want, Saban will do what he sees fit to help this team win. If he views RW as a help, he'll be in uniform. And I think Saban feels Ricky will help us. I agree. Also, if RWs teammates are ready to accept him back, then that's what really matters. What us fans think, one way or the other, doesn't matter at all. And it looks to me like his team mates are ready to give him the benefit of the doubt and take him back.

What I don't get is the hypocrisy when it comes to Ricky and D. Boston. David Boston was taking NFL banned substances. He was doing it knowingly and risking being suspended by the league. Had he not gotten injured, he WOULD have been suspended by the league, which would essentially been the same thing as walking out on his team because he knew what he was doing was going to get him suspended. yet, most of the people on the board who trash RW, welcomed Boston back with open arms. Yes, there are some differences -but there are quite a few similarities as well.

Back
Top Bottom