MERGED: Ricky's run already ended | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ricky's run already ended

outlawd2u said:
I don't like the article, but He is on the something with How Ricky only had one good season. If you take out his 2002 stats Ricky averaged 3.6 yards per carry, and something like 6 td's per year, even with his excellent 2002 campaign his average is 3.9, and like 8 td's per season. Not exactly jaw dropping, but I think a lot of people would be surprised to know these stats, when you think of him you think of an elite RB and a 4.5 YPC guy, and a TD machine. This is not necisarily the case, from the stat sheets at least he looks more like an average back who had one great season.

Indeed it does. But then it's easy to blame the O-line and Wanny's coaching, even though Ricky achieved that one awesome year with a crap O-Line and Wanny's coaching lol.

outlawd2u said:
I don't like the article, but He is on the something with How Ricky only had one good season. If you take out his 2002 stats Ricky averaged 3.6 yards per carry, and something like 6 td's per year, even with his excellent 2002 campaign his average is 3.9, and like 8 td's per season. Not exactly jaw dropping, but I think a lot of people would be surprised to know these stats, when you think of him you think of an elite RB and a 4.5 YPC guy, and a TD machine. This is not necisarily the case, from the stat sheets at least he looks more like an average back who had one great season.
People believe what they want to believe and don't care what the facts say about it. Happens all the time in sports, in politics and in life.

Megatron said:
I have been against Boston returning from day one. I still think he'll not be as effective as he has been because of the injuries and if he's off the roids. I honestly see having Ricky here as a step backwards for this team. I don't see him putting up "big numbers" at all. This O-line is a work in progress and it's no better than the line he ran behind in 2003, where he was under whelming on a ridiculous amount of carries. The other glazed over fact about Ricky is that he fumbles alot. So being away from the game for a year is going to give him better hands??? The real problem is no one knows what back will show up at training camp this year, not even Saban, not even Ricky's agent. He's proven time and again that he is untrustworthy and uncommited.

By the way, I was kidding about the Transformer comment.

This is EXACTLY why Ricky is coming back. This fool says not word one about Ronnie Brown, nor my boy Kay Jay the Freight Train Harris, nor Lamar Gordon.

Ricky is playing 12 regular season games TOPS. He will be part of a rotation of backs that go into the game for the majority of segments of a game. Ricky needs only touch the ball 12 to 20 times a game.

He will come in when defenses are worn down by Ronnie, Kay Jay and Lamar. Can you imagine a fresh Ricky against a battered Jets defense late in the third quarter and into the 4th.

Nicky is all about PHYSICAL football. Smash the other teams' teeth in. Clowns like the one who wrote this article can join the hungover cynics on this board when they get on the learning curve. Miami is for real baby!

SCall13 said:
By the way, I was kidding about the Transformer comment.
I know, everyone does it so I don't get too put out. I've been called Megajerk, Megaclown, Megaidiot, Megadummy, Megafool, Megamouse, Megatool, Mega....................

Megatron said:
I have been against Boston returning from day one. I still think he'll not be as effective as he has been because of the injuries and if he's off the roids. I honestly see having Ricky here as a step backwards for this team. I don't see him putting up "big numbers" at all. This O-line is a work in progress and it's no better than the line he ran behind in 2003, where he was under whelming on a ridiculous amount of carries. The other glazed over fact about Ricky is that he fumbles alot. So being away from the game for a year is going to give him better hands??? The real problem is no one knows what back will show up at training camp this year, not even Saban, not even Ricky's agent. He's proven time and again that he is untrustworthy and uncommited.

You're half right about his hands. He can catch the ball really well. But he sure does fumble alot.
I do think that he can be effective again. He does like to prove people wrong. He proved that in 2002 with that great year. If he comes out with that type of motivation and desire(and assuming he puts back on alot of that weight) he could realistically put up some decent numbers. Obviously not as good as '02 because Ronnie should and probably will get the majority of the carries.

Great read. I wish more people would see it like this. Ricky was only worth a damn in 2002. And don't give me that garbage about coaching and bad oline caused his 2003 fall off..... It was the same coach and bad oline in 2002. Don't you people remember him admitting that he wasn't running hard that year? Don't you remember him not hitting holes as hard? Getting takin down when he wouldn't have in 2002. Having no burst? Also the 2002 breakaway speed was history...

Megatron said:
I know, everyone does it so I don't get too put out. I've been called Megajerk, Megaclown, Megaidiot, Megadummy, Megafool, Megamouse, Megatool, Mega....................

LMAO!!! I wouldn't go that far with a joke. That's a little beyond poking fun.

Megatron said:

But not....

clear.gif

Mega Man!!!

raving said:
This is EXACTLY why Ricky is coming back. This fool says not word one about Ronnie Brown, nor my boy Kay Jay the Freight Train Harris, nor Lamar Gordon.

Ricky is playing 12 regular season games TOPS. He will be part of a rotation of backs that go into the game for the majority of segments of a game. Ricky needs only touch the ball 12 to 20 times a game.

He will come in when defenses are worn down by Ronnie, Kay Jay and Lamar. Can you imagine a fresh Ricky against a battered Jets defense late in the third quarter and into the 4th.

Nicky is all about PHYSICAL football. Smash the other teams' teeth in. Clowns like the one who wrote this article can join the hungover cynics on this board when they get on the learning curve. Miami is for real baby!
Backs need to get in a grove and that means not being spotted in constantly. Even the Steelers last year weren't constantly changing backs, they's start someone and if he didn't work then they'd switch. Also seeing as we are hoping for a little balance having Ricky touch the ball 12-20 times as a backup means Ronnie touchs the ball what 6-10 times. Sounds a little bit odd doesn't it? There are only so many plays in a game and aren't we in the new pass happy Linehan offense. I thought wad ball left with Wanny?

jnewmant said:
i really just don't like the way the article was presented, fact of the matter is the first year ricky was here the other teams didn't know what to expect alot of the time but after one season and our ****ty coach not changing his gameplan at all, all other teams had to do was stack 8 in the box and then dare us to pass. That's the reason he ran awful in 2003, and as far as our running backs averaging more than ricky last year you have to look at the fact that no coach is gonna gameplan for travis minor if he runs for fifty yards oh well who cares

That's 100% real talk.....

FireWrongstedt said:
Of course, he forgot to mention the biggest upgrade to our o-line- Hudson Houck.
Houck has has success in the past but he has also had to take time to get the guys in place to do good things. It's not like he shows up and below-average talents get more talented.

Megatron said:
Houck has has success in the past but he has also had to take time to get the guys in place to do good things. It's not like he shows up and below-average talents get more talented.

Yeah I know man. It'll probably take some time and he's gonna have to coach these guys up. But he wasn't exactly steeped in talent with that San Diego line last year, and he got the absolute best out of them. I think they had a 7th round pick starting last year.

FireWrongstedt said:
Yeah I know man. It'll probably take some time and he's gonna have to coach these guys up. But he wasn't exactly steeped in talent with that San Diego line last year, and he got the absolute best out of them. I think they had a 7th round pick starting last year.
And Houck I'm sure saw no reason to keep Macintosh when the Bolts turfed him.

Back
Top Bottom