MERGED: Ricky's run already ended | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ricky's run already ended

Megatron said:
And Houck I'm sure saw no reason to keep Macintosh when the Bolts turfed him.

Hopefully he sees no reason to keep him now either. McIntosh sucks.

enigmatics said:
Indeed it does. But then it's easy to blame the O-line and Wanny's coaching, even though Ricky achieved that one awesome year with a crap O-Line and Wanny's coaching lol.

True, but he had sub par seasons when he was with New Orleans too. You can blame, crappy systems, and crappy teams all you want, but great players find ways to produce

outlawd2u said:
True, but he had sub par seasons when he was with New Orleans too. You can blame, crappy systems, and crappy teams all you want, but great players find ways to produce

Trust me.......I'm in agreement. He had one really magical season. That was it.

phinphan11 said:
As well as a few marginal ones...
Marginal for him for sure, this guy has never lived up to expectations. For the amount of draft picks and hand wringing teams have had to go through with him, I'd rate Ricky as a disappointment.

enigmatics said:
What does that have anything to do with the his opinion? Just plain ignorant.

Again, this is not factual. Ricky hasn't even reported to camp yet and has alot of physical conditioning to go thru, not to mention mental condition once he starts getting hit again. "Well you will all see when he runs a 50 yard blah blah blah", THAT'S NOT PROOF OF ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!. That doesn't win arguments. Your blind faith does not solve the present situation. In fact you know what it reminds of me, Eddie George. Cowboys fans were singing the same song when they aquired him last year.

His "teammates." So, all the men on the roster have gone on record saying they'd accept him back? There have been a few, but would anything less than 100% be acceptable especially when considering this new Patriot-esque team concept you all having been shoving down this boards throat with the hiring of Nick Saban? I can tell yourself and many others are privy to just blindly follow Nick Saban, invoking that "he knows more than we do" or the "It's our team we must support anything he does." FYI you can be skeptical and still support. Where was your blind loyalty in Wanny if you're just supposed to support the coach and the team with no questions asked? Again, stupid argumentation.

Between drugs and oddballs, there's nothing else. Boston was a model player in our camp last year before getting hurt. Not to mention we gave up virtually nothing to get the man. We were trying to resurrect a career with him. Ricky on the otherhand was the lone pillar of this team besides it's defense. We gave up a ton to get him. A loss of Boston was going to have nowhere near the impact of a Ricky Williams. We didn't even know what kind of player we were going to get in Boston. Regardless, Boston has never helped to create the debacle you saw last season. Boston has never been the butt of a thousand television jokes. Boston has never been the reason our team was hounded by the media frenzy/distraction that ensued when Ricky left, but couldn't stay out of the headlines. Boston's never been a distraction to us.

Trust me, I understand completely the idea of having the RB committee so that we don't burn out Ronnie. How realistic can that possibly be? Why not try to achieve the same with Ronnie, Gordon, Morris and possibly Kay-Jay? I thought we weren't going to throw ourselves on the mantle of "win now?" .......let's develop. We don't need to be digging thru the remains of the Wanny tenure.

How do you know Boston was a model citizen during camp? Were you there every day?
As far as what I said to Megatron. We already discussed it and I told him I was kidding and he knows I was. I think you look for reasons to call people names. Something wrong with your self esteem?
What I said about Ricky Williams is just as close to a fact as what any of these articles are saying and as close to a fact as what the Anti- RW people are saying. You just dont' agree and that is your right. SO go cry to someone else.

A lot of people are saying it's a good article, I think it's a horrible article. Could the guy be any more biased? I understand he's trying to make a point but that's more libel than it is journalism. Besides, all he uses are numbers. Numbers aren't everything (example: Tiki Barber had more rushing yards than LT last year, who would you rather have on your team?)
The article doesn't mention that Ricky could knock a guy out of a game. It doesn't mention that it took three guys to bring him down sometimes. Stats don't show that "superman" thing he did against the Patriots two seasons ago.
Ricky Williams is going to come back, he's going to play, and he's probably going to play well in his role (whatever it may be). Everyone's pointing out that Mueller traded Ricky before, if he proves he can still run this season then we may have some great trade bait on the roster.

popularwar said:
A lot of people are saying it's a good article, I think it's a horrible article. Could the guy be any more biased? I understand he's trying to make a point but that's more libel than it is journalism. Besides, all he uses are numbers. Numbers aren't everything (example: Tiki Barber had more rushing yards than LT last year, who would you rather have on your team?)
The article doesn't mention that Ricky could knock a guy out of a game. It doesn't mention that it took three guys to bring him down sometimes. Stats don't show that "superman" thing he did against the Patriots two seasons ago.
Ricky Williams is going to come back, he's going to play, and he's probably going to play well in his role (whatever it may be). Everyone's pointing out that Mueller traded Ricky before, if he proves he can still run this season then we may have some great trade bait on the roster.
I like the article because of it's bias. Sure helps counteract the rampant homerism on here.:tongue:

OK so RW only broke the 1500 yard mark once. But it wasn't like RW played behind a line like the one Emmitt Smith played behind. If he had, then he would have easily cracked 1500 yards a season. That's right: EASILY. It's easy to agree with the guy who wrote this article. Especially when you don't weigh ALL of the facts that go along with it. Ricky broke 1000 yards in a season that he missed 6 games. His rookie year he missed 4 games. So the year RW missed 6 games, he was realistically on pace to break 1500 that season. Probably 1400 yards. But very possibly 1500. 1400 yards by any RBs standards is damn good.
I will admit that Ricky was not running as hard that last season with us. BUT, that WAS compounded by a terrible O Line.
All the facts should be put in to the equation before a fair assessment can be made. If you look at all the facts it comes out like this: Ricky Williams could be one of the most talented RBs in the league. If his heart is truly in it, he will be successful. If his heart isn't in it, we will know by the results. NOONE: me, you, or the so-called experts will know for sure until Ricky comes back, suits up and gets his hands on the football. Until then, we are all just chasing our tales with the same argument that will not dies until it is proven on the field one way or the other. If he comes back, my opinion is that he will do well. If he doesn't come back, alot of you will get your wishes and will say all of your "I told you so's"

And if he comes back and flops, then I will graciously admit that I was wrong.

SCall13 said:
OK so RW only broke the 1500 yard mark once. But it wasn't like RW played behind a line like the one Emmitt Smith played behind. If he had, then he would have easily cracked 1500 yards a season. That's right: EASILY. It's easy to agree with the guy who wrote this article. Especially when you don't weigh ALL of the facts that go along with it. Ricky broke 1000 yards in a season that he missed 6 games. His rookie year he missed 4 games. So the year RW missed 6 games, he was realistically on pace to break 1500 that season. Probably 1400 yards. But very possibly 1500. 1400 yards by any RBs standards in damn good.
I will admit that Ricky was not running as hard that last season with us. BUT, that WAS compounded by a terrible O Line.
All the facts should be put in to the equation before a fair assessment can be made. If you look at all the facts it comes out like this: Ricky Williams could be one of the most talented RBs in the league. If his heart is truly in it, he will be successful. If his heart isn't in it, we will know by the results. NOONE: me, you, or the so-called experts will know for sure until Ricky comes back, suits up and gets his hands on the football. Until then, we are all just chasing our tales with the same argument that will not dies until it is proven on the field one way or the other. If he comes back, my opinion is that he will do well. If he doesn't come back, alot of you will get your wishes and will say all of your "I told you so's"
I just want people to stop thinking this guy is God. He has never been the best runningback in the league, not even the year he won that vaunted "rushing title". The O-line we have now is no better than his 2003 line yet everyone thinks he'll rush for the same numbers he had that year when he played all three downs. Have we forgotten that we have Ronnie Brown??? Also why would you play a crappy blocker like Ricky on passing downs. I see Ricky if he survives camp getting yoemans work with us. Maybe he'll play big later in the year once he's in game shape ( that means he can take a hit without toking his face off to kill the pain ). Really though he started running out of bounds instead of pounding the extra yard in 2003. Once a power runner starts doing that you know that he has no heart for the punishment anymore. Nuff said.

Megatron said:
I just want people to stop thinking this guy is God. He has never been the best runningback in the league, not even the year he won that vaunted "rushing title". The O-line we have now is no better than his 2003 line yet everyone thinks he'll rush for the same numbers he had that year when he played all three downs. Have we forgotten that we have Ronnie Brown??? Also why would you play a crappy blocker like Ricky on passing downs. I see Ricky if he survives camp getting yoemans work with us. Maybe he'll play big later in the year once he's in game shape ( that means he can take a hit without toking his face off to kill the pain ). Really though he started running out of bounds instead of pounding the extra yard in 2003. Once a power runner starts doing that you know that he has no heart for the punishment anymore. Nuff said.

I am definetly aware that he will not equal his numbers of '02. And I definetly don't look at him as "god". I am just excited about the prospects of having he and Ronnie Brown. Obviously Ronnie will be the featured back. But in what way? He can be put in the slot, split out wide, play fullback - you name it. So having him and RW on the field at the same time could create some very good mismatches. There is no RB on our roster other than Ronnie who can come close to Ricky's talent.
I think the line will definetly be improved over the '03 line. It can't really get any worse than last year -so there is nowhere to go but up.
Ricky has plenty of time to get into shape - close to game shape. He WILL afterall be participating in camp, which will help get him closer to game shape. And with that extra 5 weeks (the bye-week included) he will be in even better shape.
But there I go again - assuming. Like I said, we'll just have to see. Hell, he may change his mind again. Who knows....

SCall13 said:
I am definetly aware that he will not equal his numbers of '02. And I definetly don't look at him as "god". I am just excited about the prospects of having he and Ronnie Brown. Obviously Ronnie will be the featured back. But in what way? He can be put in the slot, split out wide, play fullback - you name it. So having him and RW on the field at the same time could create some very good mismatches. There is no RB on our roster other than Ronnie who can come close to Ricky's talent.
I think the line will definetly be improved over the '03 line. It can't really get any worse than last year -so there is nowhere to go but up.
Ricky has plenty of time to get into shape - close to game shape. He WILL afterall be participating in camp, which will help get him closer to game shape. And with that extra 5 weeks (the bye-week included) he will be in even better shape.
But there I go again - assuming. Like I said, we'll just have to see. Hell, he may change his mind again. Who knows....
Problem is this Ricky/Ronnie back field is not going to happen, it's fantasy football stuff. If we indeed go to a three wide base, do you seriously want Ricky helping St. Clair block a blitzer??? No you want McMicheal helping block the blitzer. Also I don't see Ronnie Brown as having the size to be a lead blocker, nor do I see Ricky having it.

Megatron said:
Problem is this Ricky/Ronnie back field is not going to happen, it's fantasy football stuff. If we indeed go to a three wide base, do you seriously want Ricky helping St. Clair block a blitzer??? No you want McMicheal helping block the blitzer. Also I don't see Ronnie Brown as having the size to be a lead blocker, nor do I see Ricky having it.

I don't mean to have them both on the field at all times. But there are certain plays that could be ran with both of them on the field that could really stretch a defense. For example: A fake screen to one side then screen to the other. Spread the field enough for either of them on a screen and either one can take it to the house.

SCall13 said:
I don't mean to have them both on the field at all times. But there are certain plays that could be ran with both of them on the field that could really stretch a defense. For example: A fake screen to one side then screen to the other. Spread the field enough for either of them on a screen and either one can take it to the house.
That would be cool but it's pretty hard to setup a screan when your centre is on his butt.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom