MERGED: Ricky's run already ended | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ricky's run already ended

Megatron said:
LOL, that's why my nickname at work is the Instigator. You should see me when I play hockey, a total mouthpiece, hahaha.

Oh I'm the same. Definately makes for pure enjoyment at work.

I'am not optimistic or negative about Ricky. I believe that Ricky during is tenure with the fins, did show what his cabable of and his ability are totally out of question. However you always going to find someone, that for personal reasons, or because simply doesnt like Ricky Williams, that his going to voice his opinion, in this case thru a idiotic article. Nobody, is in the position to guess how Ricky is going to play when he comes back, or how Saban hes going to use him. If Ricky really still have the desire, according of is talent, I got no doubt that his come back is good news for us.

enigmatics said:
Oh I'm the same. Definately makes for pure enjoyment at work.
I did a Terry Tate on one of the guys in the stockroom once. He's this huge dude too and I'm all 170lbs. Totally wiped him out into some boxs and screamed "Not in my house!!!!!!!". He was so shoked that I'd even try something like that on him, we've been pals ever since. LOL.

enigmatics said:
Let's examine the facts. Still an undetermined offensive line. Major question marks at QB. A rookie runningback who hasn't played a down of professional football yet who also shared half the snaps with another back in college. And then Ricky Williams.....a man who was out of football for a year, who has weighed as light as 195 and won't be able to join the team to play in a regular season game till Week 5.

I'm supposed to think that combination is going to take the league by storm? Get real.

That's right. I rookie RB who didn't even carry the full load in college. This is what I have been saying all along. Ronnie will need help to take the pressure off of him, especially during his 1st year in the league. And there is NOONE on our roster that has the talent RW does. So to have him around for a year, if he is truly dedicated, will be a big help to this team and to Ronnie while Ronnie gets used to carrying that big of a load in the NFL, against faster, stronger, and harder hitting players and with more games. Having RW for one season to help Ronnie in the transition is a great idea (Saban's idea) and will also possibly give us a little something for trade after the season is over.

SCall13 said:
I have also said COUNTLESS times and in this thread, that Ricky may not come back - that he may yet change his mind again. I know I used words a little too big for you to sound out and read, but I'm sure you can get your boyfriend to read them for you. You read what you want to read in my posts. But I know what I type on here. I use facts to back up my side of arguments. ALl you do is search out people you disagree with and try to squash what they say by insulting the person. And that's fine. That's your M.O. Everyone can see it. Your posts are jokes. They consist of useless babbling.
As for my ego...it takes BOTH hands to stroke it. Whereas you probably use your pinky and thumb to stroke yours.

Here is one of my posts that argued my point on this threads subject:

OK so RW only broke the 1500 yard mark once. But it wasn't like RW played behind a line like the one Emmitt Smith played behind. If he had, then he would have easily cracked 1500 yards a season. That's right: EASILY. It's easy to agree with the guy who wrote this article. Especially when you don't weigh ALL of the facts that go along with it. Ricky broke 1000 yards in a season that he missed 6 games. His rookie year he missed 4 games. So the year RW missed 6 games, he was realistically on pace to break 1500 that season. Probably 1400 yards. But very possibly 1500. 1400 yards by any RBs standards is damn good.
I will admit that Ricky was not running as hard that last season with us. BUT, that WAS compounded by a terrible O Line.
All the facts should be put in to the equation before a fair assessment can be made. If you look at all the facts it comes out like this: Ricky Williams could be one of the most talented RBs in the league. If his heart is truly in it, he will be successful. If his heart isn't in it, we will know by the results. NOONE: me, you, or the so-called experts will know for sure until Ricky comes back, suits up and gets his hands on the football. Until then, we are all just chasing our tales with the same argument that will not dies until it is proven on the field one way or the other. If he comes back, my opinion is that he will do well. If he doesn't come back, alot of you will get your wishes and will say all of your "I told you so's"

And if he comes back and flops, then I will graciously admit that I was wrong.

So like I said, you see what you want to see. Because you have to find something to just talk crap about. You can't find anything intelligent to say, so you spend your time on the Finheaven boards looking for people to talk crap to. It just proves your level of intelligence. Which is obviously not very high.

Hahah I've rattled you.

Nothing you said in that rant proved anything about the Ricky we're dealing with now. "If we had the Cowboys O-line" ........what does that prove? You made claims about topping 1,500 if it weren't for injuries - well what does that tell you? Perhaps injury prone? Hmmmmmm, could be on to something here! I'm still waiting for you to call up valid reasoning for thinking Ricky could come back from what has transpired and provide these fireworks in previous posts you've spoken about. When you step off the homer block for a moment, you understand that Ricky being anywhere near what he used to be is a dream for now.

Megatron said:
I did a Terry Tate on one of the guys in the stockroom once. He's this huge dude too and I'm all 170lbs. Totally wiped him out into some boxs and screamed "Not in my house!!!!!!!". He was so shoked that I'd even try something like that on him, we've been pals ever since. LOL.

See I've pulled some stunts, but nothing like that lol.........

My work is done here. Muhahahahahhahahahahaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahaaa!!!!:evil:

SCall13 said:
That's right. I rookie RB who didn't even carry the full load in college. This is what I have been saying all along. Ronnie will need help to take the pressure off of him, especially during his 1st year in the league. And there is NOONE on our roster that has the talent RW does. So to have him around for a year, if he is truly dedicated, will be a big help to this team and to Ronnie while Ronnie gets used to carrying that big of a load in the NFL, against faster, stronger, and harder hitting players and with more games. Having RW for one season to help Ronnie in the transition is a great idea (Saban's idea) and will also possibly give us a little something for trade after the season is over.

How can you trade Ricky when he's stated he only has 2 years left in him? What, he's going to come back in Week 5, completely blow up and some team will want him for rent for one season next year? What kind of compensation could you get for a man only gonna play for that short of a term?

If it were pre-retirement Ricky then I'd see the plan. This is an entirely different Ricky. I would much rather see us spell Ronnie with Kay-Jay and Lamar Gordon, regardless of where they stack up to Ricky. You unfortunately still have that image of 1,800 yard Ricky in your head when really he only existed for one season.

enigmatics said:
Hahah I've rattled you.

Nothing you said in that rant proved anything about the Ricky we're dealing with now. "If we had the Cowboys O-line" ........what does that prove? You made claims about topping 1,500 if it weren't for injuries - well what does that tell you? Perhaps injury prone? Hmmmmmm, could be on to something here! I'm still waiting for you to call up valid reasoning for thinking Ricky could come back from what has transpired and provide these fireworks in previous posts you've spoken about. When you step off the homer block for am moment, you understand that Ricky being anywhere near what he used to be is a dream for now.

I am just as pissed at RW as anyone. But I know for a fact that by the time Ricky is able to step on the field for a game, he will be at, or very near, his playing weight. HE will be ready. We aren't talking about a 33 year old here. We're talking about a 28 year old man in his prime.
AS for my post about the the Cowboys line, etc.: It was said by someone that RW was never that good before he came to Miami and only had one good season with us. I was pointing out that RW did pretty damn good considering the circumstances and that had he played behind a better line, he would have had excellent seasons every year. I didn't even mention is recieving yards. As for being injury prone. Well if a man can break the record for carries over two seasons and not miss a game, I guess we could easily say he isn't injury prone. So there goes that theory. It had been said that Hasslet wanted Ricky to play at 245 pounds, which could have easily contributed to why RW was injured several times while with N.O.
Now, what have YOU said to back up your side of the argument? All you basically say is: "I don't want Ricky back. He only weighs 195 lbs. He won't be any good"

enigmatics said:
How can you trade Ricky when he's stated he only has 2 years left in him? What, he's going to come back in Week 5, completely blow up and some team will want him for rent for one season next year? What kind of compensation could you get for a man only gonna play for that short of a term?

If it were pre-retirement Ricky then I'd see the plan. This is an entirely different Ricky. I would much rather see us spell Ronnie with Kay-Jay and Lamar Gordon, regardless of where they stack up to Ricky. You unfortunately still have that image of 1,800 yard Ricky in your head when really he only existed for one season.

I don't have the image of 1800 yard Ricky in my head. I don't expect or anticipate him duplicating that.
You keep saying this an entirely different Ricky. What makes you such the professional on the subject? You have no better idea of how he;ll do than anyone else does. Like I said, that still remains to be seen. NOONE KNOWS. That's right - not even YOU.

enigmatics said:

Have you even ever played football? I mean past Pop Warner...

SCall13 said:
I am just as pissed at RW as anyone. But I know for a fact that by the time Ricky is able to step on the field for a game, he will be at, or very near, his playing weight. HE will be ready. We aren't talking about a 33 year old here. We're talking about a 28 year old man in his prime.
AS for my post about the the Cowboys line, etc.: It was said by someone that RW was never that good before he came to Miami and only had one good season with us. I was pointing out that RW did pretty damn good considering the circumstances and that had he played behind a better line, he would have had excellent seasons every year. I didn't even mention is recieving yards. As for being injury prone. Well if a man can break the record for carries over two seasons and not miss a game, I guess we could easily say he isn't injury prone. So there goes that theory. It had been said that Hasslet wanted Ricky to play at 245 pounds, which could have easily contributed to why RW was injured several times while with N.O.
Now, what have YOU said to back up your side of the argument? All you basically say is: "I don't want Ricky back. He only weighs 195 lbs. He won't be any good"

How can one be in their prime when they retired at 27, proceeded to go on a weed binge, travel all over Asia, and lose 35+ lbs oh and not play a down of football? This isn't just a man pulling his rusted bicycle out of the garage and riding it again for the first time in a long time. He spent years cultivating his skills. It's not all going to magically reappear by week 5.

Again, since you conveniently forgot to read what I wrote a couple of responses ago I shall spell it out for you again. For starters, Ricky cannot participate with the team till training camp in July. He will have missed all the prior schools and minicamps to get acclimated offenses' language and terminology down. Once he rejoins the team he will be subjected to an even grander media burden than he's ever seen in his lifetime thus far. For a man suffering from a slew of mental problems, you think this is going to be easy? Or how about the burnt bridges in the lockeroom? This is a tall order for a man who left the game partially because he had no love for it anymore. You have to love something down to the ugly crust if you're willing to put up with the crap this man is about to face.

Now let's look at team issues affecting Ricky. Again, QB play will determine all we need to know about our running game. If we cannot pass, it won't matter who's running the ball. As it stands we've got a creative, offensive coordinator in Linehan, but who's going to QB it and do it effectively? Frerotte has the leg up because of prior experience, but what good does that do when nobody else on the offense does? Speaking of which, the O-line is still a massive question mark, regardless of Houck coaching them. The recievers have to learn their new passing game.

NOTHING is solidified on this team. Every single area on offense is a huge question mark, whether it's due to new players, new coaching, or new playbook. How is Ricky, a man who hasn't played a down in over a year, going to come in and become Ricky 1,800 again? Anybody who realistically looked at the situation could hope for an average season at best. Why waste all that time just for average? The man is leaving after two years because his debt will have been repaid by then. I'd rather watch other players develop.

SCall13 said:
I don't have the image of 1800 yard Ricky in my head. I don't expect or anticipate him duplicating that.
You keep saying this an entirely different Ricky. What makes you such the professional on the subject? You have no better idea of how he;ll do than anyone else does. Like I said, that still remains to be seen. NOONE KNOWS. That's right - not even YOU.

Actually we know that he weighs 195 lbs and told the whole world his heart wasn't in it when he retired. Yet ironically he wants to come back when he's in debt. Oh we know plenty about the new Ricky.

SCall13 said:
Have you even ever played football? I mean past Pop Warner...

Have you ever written well-thought out commentary? :rofl3:

DING DING round 2 lets get it on!

I think your both sort of right he can come back and do something but i doubt it because he is missing the first 4 games and hes late on learning the offense and by then Ronnie Brown will have locked the spot up with a couple hundred yard games hopefully.

But who knows what he can really do like the 1 person stated

Back
Top Bottom