Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

stan marino said:
Compare rookie seasons. Ronnie is better. The only thing that will slow Ronnie down is Ricky taking his carries.

Thank you.

END OF THREAD!!

bsilver1313 said:
The answer is clearly....NO. Why would Ricky be traded? He helps us win now. Saban is all about value, there's no better value in the NFL than Ricky Williams. This post is different than others I've read, because I don't care about what ifs and such.

We are a better team with Ricky Williams than we will be with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not to mention, Denver will be competing for the AFC championship. Don't get too greedy. I've seen a ton of posts on here talking about how C-Pep was our 2nd round pick. I'm happy with him as our 2nd rounder in the 2006 draft.

Wake up people, Ricky will be a Dolphin in 2006.

At equal stages in their careers I believe RB is better statistically. What were RW's rookie numbers?
RW was a better college RB than Reggie Bush (more physically dominant and intimidating). He was one of the best ever at the college level.

listen a full sized ricky is way better than brown, people must of forgot ricky college career and the 2 years with the fins

Mr772 said:
If Ricky wins his appeal don't be surprised to see him starting this year. Brown is all potential at this point he never had great production in college or last year. Ricky is the better back and will start this season if not suspended. Brown will be a great 3rd down back of course, but Ricky is a far superior player at this point.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

p-double said:
listen a full sized ricky is way better than brown, people must of forgot ricky college career and the 2 years with the fins

What if Ronnie had about 3/4 of the carries that Ricky had this year....Basically he took 75% or more of the carries....Ronnie would have been at or around 1300 yards if not more. I think that's better than Ricky's rookie year...and about the same as the 2003 season.

I have read numerous comparisons between Ronnie Brown and the 228 pound Ricky Williams.

This is of little consequence. The 228 pound Ricky Williams no longer exists. Probably never will. Ricky is now a 5'10 215 pound running back.

And, going a step further, if memory serves me, I never remember Ricky ever being as powerful as Ronnie Brown was last season. Ronnie always fell forward. Regardless of the amount of players on his back.

I can't think of another player in the entire National Football League who can boast Ronnie Brown's size/speed/acceleration/power/toughness.

I have no problem with Ricky the human being or Ricky the football player. His immaturity and lack of dependability in no way clouds my judgment or impacts my assessment of his physical skills.

From a physical standpoint, Ricky Williams is outstanding. No doubt about it. But Ronnie Brown is better. He is very special.

If a team is short sighted enough to offer a 2nd, he will be as good as gone.

SCall13 said:
BUT, that second round pick is not a sure thing at all. There is always the players who are let-downs, lack the heart for the next level, or even an injury could sideline them before they ever get started. With Ricky, we know what we have, and from a talent standpoint, it's alot.

yes... but what are we getting out of Ricky? 10 carries a game?

However, we could get a starter in the 2nd round. And I dont think Saban is scared of failing by picking a bust...

Ghetti13 said:
Ricky has special talent. No doubt about it. He shows great acceleration, speed and vision.

Problem is, Ricky is not as special as Ronnie Brown. He does not catch as well. He has no near the power. He is older. He is less dependable. He is playing because of money, not the love of the game.

Ricky is a special player. But in my opinion, he is no Ronnie Brown.
Comparing RW with ronnie makes no sense. We need to remember that RW still one of the best back in league, Ronnie is just a young player with a lot of potential, that eventually he's going to be a very good one, but as today, please comparing the two is not fair.

Is Ronnie better than Ricky? At this point, no. But things can change. I wouldn't trade trade Ricky for anything less than what we paid for him. And probably not even that because we would have to pay at least 4 times Ricky's salary for comparable talent.

Ronnie vs Rick?

I think given a little more time Ronnie will be better than Ricky....he reminds of Marcus Allen.....anyways I have a frien who works in operations (he witnesses many praticies) for The Dolphins & he says lb for lb Ronnie is the most talented on the team...2nd only to Zac!:dolphins:

I think you must give Ricky some credit. He worked so hard to get his weight back up and get in the physical shape in the off seaseon. And guess what he did.

He came back and helped us win thats all that matters. Its not like we are only limited to just have one starting back. Just like the Steelers one-two punch, or Panthers one-two punch, or the Patriots one two punch. Notice the trend all these teams did win a SB with the help of their two RB's that can beat up on the opposing team Defense.

If we trade Ricky to Denver, he will lead the league in rushing. And he will have probably 500 more yards than Ronnie.

Ronnie is better at catching and probably blocking, that is it.

Merged: Ronnie Brown../Can he carry the load?

I guess we will see if Ronnie is the real deal.
Fantasy sleeper in the 2nd rnd.

Back
Top Bottom