MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

WoW Fin news is, DRY! Anyways Thomas would be a real nice pick, if Bryant and Morgan are not there.

Fins got so many holes and we need production right away, so we need this Smiley trade to go down. Fact is if Miami could trade Smiley for a NT or S straight up, it would open up our draft so much.

Agreed, the draft becomes so much easier in terms of flexibility if we can address one of our holes with a player to player trade.

Word is Chester Pitts has decided to sign with the 49ers, now the Hawks could be back on the wagon.

Great news! Cough up the picks Seattle.

If you thought Nublar was panicing before wait till he read this. You guys know I hate waiting for our local jokes. So, I decided to contact a reporter for a team I thought needed OL help, The Packers. I contacted Greg A Bedard and asked him a couple questions, Nub careful reading this you might have a heart attack.

robi2184@Greg_A_Bedard Hi, have you heard if the Packers would be interested in G Justin Smiley, who Miami is shopping

Greg_A_Bedard@robi2184 No, but Smiley would be a trade, right? Can't see that happening. & Packers have too many guards that can play

robi2184@Greg_A_Bedard Have you heard of any teams being interested in Smiley?Thank you for replying

Greg_A_Bedard@robi2184 Haven't been asking but an injury-prone OG would be a tough sell. Teams probably think they'll just cut him

robi2184 @Greg_A_Bedard Thanks Alot, Dol-fans were worrying he might get cut but local paper says teams are interested. We will see, Thank you

Greg_A_Bedard @robi2184 Read like they got that from the agent, who of course is going to say teams are interested.

robi2184 @Greg_A_Bedard Thanks for the heads up,maybe this is to much to ask for, if you are not busy & here anything on Smiley let me know. Thanks

Greg_A_Bedard @robi2184 I'll try. I was right about Dansby though, right?

http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard

The fact that a guy who writes for the Packer is saying Smiley could be released, sucks. Guys if we get anything at all for Smiley be happy. Time to jump of our high horse and stop listen to ridiculous rumors. Whatever the Trifecta can get for this guy, be happy. It is obvious the word around the league is Smiley is beat up and his shoulder is clearly the reason he is going going gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
WoW Fin news is, DRY! Anyways Thomas would be a real nice pick, if Bryant and Morgan are not there.

Fins got so many holes and we need production right away, so we need this Smiley trade to go down. Fact is if Miami could trade Smiley for a NT or S straight up, it would open up our draft so much.

Agreed. If we could trade Smiley straight up for someone like Shaun Rogers or Cliff Avril, that would be IDEAL.

If you thought Nublar was panicing before wait till he read this. You guys know I hate waiting for our local jokes. So, I decided to contact a reporter for a team I thought needed OL help, The Packers. I contacted Greg A Bedard and asked him a couple questions, Nub careful reading this you might have a heart attack.

robi2184@Greg_A_Bedard Hi, have you heard if the Packers would be interested in G Justin Smiley, who Miami is shopping

robi2184@Greg_A_Bedard Have you heard of any teams being interested in Smiley?Thank you for replying

robi2184 @Greg_A_Bedard Thanks Alot, Dol-fans were worrying he might get cut but local paper says teams are interested. We will see, Thank you

robi2184 @Greg_A_Bedard Thanks for the heads up,maybe this is to much to ask for, if you are not busy & here anything on Smiley let me know. Thanks

http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard

The fact that a guy who writes for the Packer is saying Smiley could be released, sucks. Guys if we get anything at all for Smiley be happy. Time to jump of our high horse and stop listen to ridiculous rumors. Whatever the Trifecta can get for this guy, be happy. It is obvious the word around the league is Smiley is beat up and his shoulder is clearly the reason he is going going gone.
:crazy:

This situation gets worse and worse every page that is on this thread.

I predict by page 30 the discussion will be "Why is the team saying they'll throw Chad Henne into any deal just to get Smiley traded?"

It's all speculation at this point. All I know is that if the original poster's story is accurate (and I have to think that it is), then Smiley will be traded, most likely to the Seahawks. The compensation we get in return is another story.

One team I'll throw into the mix is the Denver Broncos. They definitely need interior line help, and perhaps Nolan has his eye on a defensive player, perhaps a guy like Ronald Fields who Denver appears to have replaced with the signing of Jamal Williams.

I contacted Edgar Thompson and he tells me that there are several teams interested, as he originally reported. Nub, relax brother. That stress can really affect your heart. Guys trades can take weeks. Just remember Surtain, Fins will ship Smiley to the best suitor. Alot of teams are waiting on Pitts who I can confirm has not been signed. The 49ers, Seahawks & Lions are waiting on the guy. I believe Cinci as well, so once that clears out things should be alot brighter on Smiley. No good news is good news.

Back
Top Bottom