MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

I just wonder how and if this relates to juniorseau55's rumor a while ago that the Dolphins were talking with the Lions about a player that was never specified, but who we generally came to the conclusion was probably Cliff Avril.

Unless there's an enormous roster bonus at stake, bring Smiley to camp if you can't get a good deal now. Unfortunately, someone is going to blow out a knee at TC somewhere around the league (hope it's not ours) and we'll do a player-for-player deal then. I know we'd prefer a pick in the draft, but if it doesn't materialize it doesn't materialize.

I contacted Edgar Thompson and he tells me that there are several teams interested, as he originally reported. Nub, relax brother. That stress can really affect your heart. Guys trades can take weeks. Just remember Surtain, Fins will ship Smiley to the best suitor. Alot of teams are waiting on Pitts who I can confirm has not been signed. The 49ers, Seahawks & Lions are waiting on the guy. I believe Cinci as well, so once that clears out things should be alot brighter on Smiley. No good news is good news.
I will likely be dead before the draft.

Nublar, you & I both. Thi drought of news is killing me. My source wwho does not give much news to begin with, but does a good job of keeping me informed tells me the Tuna has the team on lockdown, which was suspected here on the site a couple weeks ago.

He is saying no one and I mean NO ONE is safe. Aside from Long, Henne and the other draft picks anyone can be had for the right place . The Fins are trying real hard to load up on draft picks.

This is my opinion I can see the Fins moving Ginn, a QB & a RB besides Smiley. Fins have 10 picks, but I wont be surprised to see more. Ferguson said he expected a complete roster overhaul, and nobody has predicted the future more for the Fins then Ferg.

Gone are Jones, Akin, Wilson & Porter. Smiley is on the block and we might not see JT back. The Fins let go of coach P and upgraded with Nolan. They moved Crowder down the ILB chart and signed Dansby . They added another swing Olineman in Incognito who will add great depth, if not a starter. The Fins now have three swing OL in Garner, Berger & Icognito. I know the report that was posted by Salguero, but the Fins are fine at G.

Fins will add atleast ten players, but I wont be surprised to see more

I'm thinking Pittsburgh could be a potential landing place for Smiley. They are in desperate need of OL. Just a thought.

Nublar on my phone,. I read ur PM and will answer as soon as I get home.

Then keep a heads up on the Front Page of the site tonight, My column will be out and Im sure alot of you are gonna love it, Consider it a gift from mee to all the members of Finheaven who love thwe draft.

Back
Top Bottom