Merged: Saban considering trading up? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban considering trading up?

SpeedRush99 said:
And your judging entire conferences by a couple bowl games which is completely ridiculous. You have a serious problem admitting your wrong. That was the whole point, conference strength as a whole, the Pac10 and Big 12 don't have it, period.

Again..it wasn't me stating that the SEC is God's greatest gift to us dumb humans...As I said...what the SEC...or any other conference is has no meaning...the only fact is that the two teams that played for the championship came from the pac-10 and big-12...everything else is noise.

Vince Young is the Akili Smith of 2006.

I have to disagree pretty strongly with this. I dont want to give up the house for Young either, but by no means is he another Akili Smith. He has way more leadership and better skills. Did you see him run all over USC in the National Championship? The guy is super fast and has a cannon for an arm. I dont see any likeness to akili smith at all.....Im curious to know what makes him comparable?

SuperDuperFan said:
I have to disagree pretty strongly with this. I dont want to give up the house for Young either, but by no means is he another Akili Smith. He has way more leadership and better skills. Did you see him run all over USC in the National Championship? The guy is super fast and has a cannon for an arm. I dont see any likeness to akili smith at all.....Im curious to know what makes him comparable?

Heh heh heh heh heh :rolleyes:

I wonder too...

OzziePhin said:
I think a lot of you have forgotten the trade of Feeley for Lemon. We still do not know what Lemon brings to the table and I for one think there is no way we draft QB in the 1st round. Look for OT,LB or DB. These are all areas of major concern. Gus did an adequate job last year and we need to shore things up in the rest of the tem before tossing it all away on a maybe QB pick.

BTW how has he put off getting a QB last year? He bought in two, namely Gus and Lemon.

I don't consider bringing in Gus a solution to our QB problem. As for Lemon, you may be right. Who knows? Maybe he's a bonafide star in the making. I'll assume he's not by the way Saban addressed the QB situation when the seaon ended saying it's a position that must be addressed this year. I don't get how people feel that we don't have to get a QB this year either through free agency, trade or draft. It seems to me to be the most obvious need beyond debate. When the entire planet acknowledges we need a QB: Saban, the fans, the media, the players and personnell people, then I think its safe to assume we need a QB

adamprez2003 said:
I don't consider bringing in Gus a solution to our QB problem. As for Lemon, you may be right. Who knows? Maybe he's a bonafide star in the making. I'll assume he's not by the way Saban addressed the QB situation when the seaon ended saying it's a position that must be addressed this year. I don't get how people feel that we don't have to get a QB this year either through free agency, trade or draft. It seems to me to be the most obvious need beyond debate. When the entire planet acknowledges we need a QB: Saban, the fans, the media, the players and personnell people, then I think its safe to assume we need a QB

We have been trying to find a QB for the last decade it seems. I have had a look at the F/A QBs and no-one really stands out to me and in the draft we have possibly the top3 going to be taken before our pick. To trade for one seems to be out of the question as well it all gets back to what one has to pay. We screamed like hell when we gave up a second rounder for Feeley, imagine what the cost of a "name" QB would be. No-one is denying QB is a position of need, I just don't think it is the most pressing of our needs. I also would not be too unhappy going into battle with our current crop, there are a lot worse running an offence in the NFL. Then again I still don't see this team as it stands as a SB team next year anyway.

Back
Top Bottom