Merged: Saban considering trading up? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban considering trading up?

Regan21286 said:
I'd love to see that happen. Only thing this team really needs is a franchise QB....
I'd say the 'Phins have a lot more needs than just a franchise QB. LB, secondary (especially if Madison and/or Schulters isn't back), and OL aren't exactly top units.
tylerdolphin said:
Draft picks will do us nothing if we dont have a QB.
However, I don't think we need a great QB, just a good one, to succeed.
sports24/7 said:
Ricky would be a great 1-2 with Gore....
I think he makes an even better 1-2 with Ronnie.:wink:
LarryFinFan said:
Read the accounts by Carey...Rick wasn't so stupid.
The stupidity part wasn't just the pick but that the front office made it so clear that we were going to do just about anything to get an OT with the first pick and thus let the Vikes take advantage of them.
Juan Cribbs said:
andrews is a guard
He is now, but only, if I recall correctly, because Philly already had two good OTs and wanted to groom him for that position in case one of them leaves this year in FA (Runyon, I think).
Aqua4Ever04 said:
That article on the home page says Saban might try and move up. While i think this is a good idea, I really dont watn to see Frerotte starting ANY games next season.
That depends on whether Saban is able to upgrade the position or not. I'd rather not Saban change things just to change things.
dm416 said:
A really stupid move by Wanny :shakeno:
Not like it was his only one. Then again, his best move most likely was resigning (not re-signing).

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but "trading up for a QB" doesn't necessarily mean it'll be in the first round..... maybe he isn't confident Croyle or Whitehurst will be there at pick 16 in round 2 or 3?

-riiiiiiiiiide becky

adamprez2003 said:
If Saban believes Cutler is the real deal he HAS TO TRADE UP! Props if he does it because it shows he's got the stuff to be a succesful in this league. It's not all Xs and Os and Rah rah motivation crap( we have a process, one play at a time, yada, yada yada). He instantly vaults behind Shula if he's got the stuff to move up. Even if Cutler doesn't pan out, it shows he understands the game, the rules, the business of football.

And if he doesn't move up, I'll assume he either doesn't feel Cutler is worth or the trade wasn't there, and I'll be fine with that if we bring in a free agent QB.

So long as we don't start 2006 with Gus, Sage and Cleo again I'm happy

Yeah, and im starting to think that's what he will do.

SpeedRush99 said:
If your gonna start throwing out stats, why don't we post opposing defensive ratings and strength of schedules???

Post anything you want...but remember that half the SEC had losing season's.

I think the BCS did that for you.

fishypete said:
Post anything you want...but remember that half the SEC had losing season's.

I think the BCS did that for you.

I think we all know who played the harder schedule and tougher defenses.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think we all know who played the harder schedule and tougher defenses.

We could go on and on, trying to compare Texas to any SEC team...it's impossible since they would have to play each other...to see which team was better. The only results that are fact and matter is Texas won the National Championship...beating the two time National champion.

fishypete said:
We could go on and on, trying to compare Texas to any SEC team...it's impossible since they would have to play each other...to see which team was better. The only results that are fact and matter is Texas won the National Championship...beating the two time National champion.

Both of which play in weak conferences.

SpeedRush99 said:
Both of which play in weak conferences.

How did the SEC teams play in the Bowl games...if they are so strong.

The top two teams in the Nation...and they play in weak conferences...and what happened to the other half of the SEC...You know the ones with losing seasons? When Texas beat Arkansas in 2004 when Young was a sophomore...that didn't mean anything? Texas has only lost one game in the last two years...I guess that doesn't matter either.

The only constant good team from the SEC...has been LSU.

fishypete said:
How did the SEC teams play in the Bowl games...if they are so strong.

The top two teams in the Nation...and they play in weak conferences...and what happened to the other half of the SEC...You know the ones with losing seasons? When Texas beat Arkansas in 2004 when Young was a sophomore...that didn't mean anything? Texas has only lost one game in the last two years...I guess that doesn't matter either.

The only constant good team from the SEC...has been LSU.

Arkansas? Is that the best you could come up with? Fact is the SEC, Big Ten, and ACC are the dominant conferences in college football hands down. You wanna talk about constants? look at the Top 25 teams any given week during the season and tell me where what conference their from.

fishypete said:
The only way he can move that far up is if he can trade Ricky for a 1st...I'm a hopeful guy....but thats darn right a miracle. Other than that...he'd have to pull a Ditka...and my socks would drop if he ever did something like that...Just my feeling...but if this "rumor" has any truth in it....Saban is just trying to stir the pot up early...just to see what happens.

He could trade RW and our first.... but I am not for that deal.

SpeedRush99 said:
Arkansas? Is that the best you could come up with? Fact is the SEC, Big Ten, and ACC are the dominant conferences in college football hands down. You wanna talk about constants? look at the Top 25 teams any given week during the season and tell me where what conference their from.

Again..and I know I'm just wasting my time....what two teams played for the championship? Everything else is pure speculation...and I'm being very nice saying that.

fishypete said:
Again..and I know I'm just wasting my time....what two teams played for the championship? Everything else is pure speculation...and I'm being very nice saying that.

Here's enough proof. The best NFL talente comes out of which conferences??? :rolleyes:

To say the Big 12 and Pac-10 are better is just ignorance frankly. There's no way around. All because one team from each was incredibly good, doesn't mean the whole conferences are better. Comon do you really think UCLA could have taken LSU or Alabama?

fishypete said:

That wasn't the point but since your being "nice", okay :rolleyes:

Jaj said:
Here's enough proof. The best NFL talente comes out of which conferences??? :rolleyes:

To say the Big 12 and Pac-10 are better is just ignorance frankly. There's no way around. All because one team from each was incredibly good, doesn't mean the whole conferences are better. Comon do you really think UCLA could have taken LSU or Alabama?

What happened to South Carolina and Georgia?

Or did they throw them out of the SEC?

This is like saying the AFC east is the toughest....yet there's no team playing in the Superbowl...facts speak louder than words.

fishypete said:
What happened to South Carolina and Georgia?

Or did they throw them out of the SEC?

This is like saying the AFC east is the toughest....yet there's no team playing in the Superbowl...facts speak louder than words.

And your judging entire conferences by a couple bowl games which is completely ridiculous. You have a serious problem admitting your wrong. That was the whole point, conference strength as a whole, the Pac10 and Big 12 don't have it, period.

Back
Top Bottom