Merged: Saban considering trading up? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban considering trading up?

finfan54 said:
I dont think Saban would go for Cutlers ****iness which i hear is coming out and i kinda picked up on that when interviewed yesterday on the sideline. Saban wants either Croyle or Whitehurst IMO and will look at others who arent even mentioned alot or at all. I think this report is BS. Cutler is going to go around 9 or 10 and if those teams dont pick him he would be all ours at 16 only for alot of people to be disappointed that Saban picks Greenway LB Iowa.

****iness in a QB is a good thing. Do you have any idea how ****y Marino and Elway were?

The only way he can move that far up is if he can trade Ricky for a 1st...I'm a hopeful guy....but thats darn right a miracle. Other than that...he'd have to pull a Ditka...and my socks would drop if he ever did something like that...Just my feeling...but if this "rumor" has any truth in it....Saban is just trying to stir the pot up early...just to see what happens.

Moving up in the draft

That article on the home page says Saban might try and move up. While i think this is a good idea, I really dont watn to see Frerotte starting ANY games next season.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That article on the home page says Saban might try and move up. While i think this is a good idea, I really dont watn to see Frerotte starting ANY games next season.

he will take a pay cut and he will help out the rookie saban will draft. you gotta understand, ferotte may not have the goods to move the team to the next level but while saban rebuilds the franchise (because it is far from done), he will provide good help. getting mcnair, kitna, or any other vet as old as gus is just a waste.

trade possibilities could be with the 49ers/packers/saints. we can offer a package of booker, swap of 1st rd picks, a 2nd or 1st next year and a conditional late rounder. if we can trade with the saints, we have a shot to get young or leinhart, also the saints can use the additional picks to snag croyle, whitehurts, or shockley. i think they snag joey harrington through FA

fishypete said:
Now just how raw could young be...if he has the 2nd best comp rating...the highest yds per att rating....and the highest passing rating? You may not like the way he throws...or the way he runs....but he's a winner...and thats all that matters.

You're right fishy, it would be nice to stumble across a reasonable trade-up deal to get him. But I doubt it happens. It's alot more likely we'll be gameplanning against Young on Sundays than the other way around.

we aint moving. We aint trading anyone except maybe Madison and he will only draw a third rounder at best.

fishypete said:
6 out of 19 isn't three.

Ouch! On paper, that isn't good at all. I know that there are a lot factors to consider (lack of familiarity with the players, plays, etc.) but that sure didn't put him in Leinart/Young category. I guess he better impress at the combine if he wants to move up.

phinfan2003 said:
Ouch! On paper, that isn't good at all. I know that there are a lot factors to consider (lack of familiarity with the players, plays, etc.) but that sure didn't put him in Leinart/Young category. I guess he better impress at the combine if he wants to move up.

He had the same conditions as the rest of the QB's. 32% comp rating for a hyped first rounder is pitiful...under any conditions...add it's out now that he has small hands...going down.

Pocoloco said:
You're right fishy, it would be nice to stumble across a reasonable trade-up deal to get him. But I doubt it happens. It's alot more likely we'll be gameplanning against Young on Sundays than the other way around.

Not unless Tennessee after watching the players at the senior Bowl figures he can get a good QB in Croyle in the 2nd round and works out a trade for Ricky and the 16th pick. This way he gets a first round type running back that plays cheap...plus he can use the 16th pick for either Cutler...why I don't know...just threw that in...or another player...and use his 2nd rounder for Croyle.

fishypete said:
He had the same conditions as the rest of the QB's. 32% comp rating for a hyped first rounder is pitiful...under any conditions...add it's out now that he has small hands...going down.
no player is the same. croyle and whitehurst have spent a lot more time in a pro-style offense than cutler, and even in high school were more pure passers than cutler. he's a project. i'll agree with you that he should be drafted low based on production, but not because he won't be good, he's just going to take time to get good. but if he's going to drop, then young should as well for the same reason. but that won't happen. neither will start for a few years.

finfan54 said:
So if he doesnt bring in a Free agent QB then he is a piece of crap isnt he?

If he were to somehow go through the entire offseason and fail to bring in a QB either through free agncy or through the draft then he's no better than Wanny or Johnson. We ain't winning a Super Bowl with our three QBs. This really isn't a secret nor is it debatable really. He put off getting a QB last season and so now time is running out. Hopefully he brings us a winner

I doubt that Nick is gonna move up for any QB in the 1st round unless is like 2 or 3 spots if that.I think he'll stay at 16 and take the best player on his board and we'll get a QB later on.This is not Wanny who loved giving picks away.

Ozzy rules!!

fishypete said:
O.K. If Young is raw for a passer....how did he throw for 26 tds and 3000 yds?

He's as much a passer as any QB in this draft...in fact he better than most.

Cutler...273/462....59.1% comp....6.7 yds per att...21 tds 9 int....126.1 passing rating

Young..212/325...65.2% comp ...9.3 yds per att...26 tds 10 int....163.9 passing rating

Croyle...202/329...59.6% comp...7.4 yds per att...14 tds 4 ints...132.8% passing rating

Leinart...283/431...65.7% comp...8.9 yds per att...28 tds 8 int.....157.7% passing rating

I'll add Brady Quinn since everyone seems to like him;

Quinn...292/450...64.9% comp...8.7 yds per att... 32 tds 7 ints....158.4% passing rating.

Now just how raw could young be...if he has the 2nd best comp rating...the highest yds per att rating....and the highest passing rating? You may not like the way he throws...or the way he runs....but he's a winner...and thats all that matters.

If your gonna start throwing out stats, why don't we post opposing defensive ratings and strength of schedules???

adamprez2003 said:
If he were to somehow go through the entire offseason and fail to bring in a QB either through free agncy or through the draft then he's no better than Wanny or Johnson. We ain't winning a Super Bowl with our three QBs. This really isn't a secret nor is it debatable really. He put off getting a QB last season and so now time is running out. Hopefully he brings us a winner

I think a lot of you have forgotten the trade of Feeley for Lemon. We still do not know what Lemon brings to the table and I for one think there is no way we draft QB in the 1st round. Look for OT,LB or DB. These are all areas of major concern. Gus did an adequate job last year and we need to shore things up in the rest of the tem before tossing it all away on a maybe QB pick.

BTW how has he put off getting a QB last year? He bought in two, namely Gus and Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom