Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves

Crypt Keeper

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
One Fins starter can't understand why Miami didn't spend to upgrade the secondary, instead of linebacker. And some Fins players, privately, continue to disagree with how Daunte Culpepper's situation has been handled.
Some other Fin notes:

Fins players were struck by the speed and elusiveness of Lorenzo Booker in offseason drills. Curiously, his per-carry average dropped every year at FSU -- 5.3 to 5.1 to 4.6 to 4.3, although his suspect offensive line was a factor.
Gaither not on the radar:
This Dolphins regime likes to avoid players with baggage (aside from Joey Porter), and the top offensive talent in Thursday's supplemental draft, 6-9 Maryland right tackle Jared Gaither, has some -- a Maryland suspension (reason was never disclosed) and academic ineligibility.
Extension talks(or lack of):
Although Rex Hadnot will be Miami's top unrestricted free agent next spring, the Dolphins informed his agent they want to see how he fares in his move to right guard before making an offer. There have been no extension talks with Vernon Carey and Channing Crowder, both signed through 2008.
http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/163823.html

Thanks for the link.

What secondary player who was out there in free agency, whom we could afford, would have been an upgrade over what we already have?

I'm not surprised by some of the players comments regarding any of these subjects. It's not atypical of veteran players to question the moves of a new coaching regime.

It depends. I'm not willing to risk a 4th rounder on a heavily flawed character when he won't be making an immediate impact on the team.

With our lack of talent on the line, he could make an immediate impact. He could be groomed to take over for Shelton or tryed at Rt and move Shelton back to G making us possibly stronger. We need help esp on the line.

With our lack of talent on the line, he could make an immediate impact. He could be groomed to take over for Shelton or tryed at Rt and move Shelton back to G making us possibly stronger. We need help esp on the line.

Gaither could make an impact if he could keep his focus on football. I have some reservations about this big kid near South Beach. He could be our version of PacMan Jones. Ralph Friedgen sat him down twice before the start of last season for disciplinary reasons.

It depends. I'm not willing to risk a 4th rounder on a heavily flawed character when he won't be making an immediate impact on the team.

FYI, Gaither is the top prospect in the supp draft. He will most likely be a 2nd round pick. His size and athetism alone might make a team drop a 1st on him. Had he been able to stay his senior year he was a sure fire mid 1st rounder in 08.

I figured Miami wanted to see how Rex played before giving him an extension. Hope we do end up signing Crowder and Carey long-term. They should both come with area code discounts. Carey and Crowder are both from Florida and if they have good years I dont see why wont be giving them extensions.

FYI, Gaither is the top prospect in the supp draft. He will most likely be a 2nd round pick. His size and athletacism alone might make a team drop a 1st on him. Had he been able to stay his senior year he was a sure fire mid 1st rounder in 08.

Not a chance of that happening, tops a fourth, and that is doubtful.

Did Gaither even make the all ACC team? Did he ever dominate a top flight college player? He seems to have a habit of getting himself suspended even in college.

No Contract Extension for Rex Hadnot yet

Although Rex Hadnot will be Miami's top unrestricted free agent next spring, the Dolphins informed his agent they want to see how he fares in his move to right guard before making an offer. There have been no extension talks with Vernon Carey and Channing Crowder, both signed through 2008

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/163823.html

It will be interesting to see how things with Hadnot turn out. Rex will be our Top Unresrticted Free Agent next year and Im guessing that if he has a solid or good year we extend, but I f he has a so so year we let him walk. Rex has been serviceble, but at C he is just that. We have to see if he returns to form at G like he was playing a year ago. With rumors of Kendall possibly coming in if released and Mormino Challenging I would not be surprise to see Rex go. The contract given to him could go to a guy like Crowder or Carey.

FYI, Gaither is the top prospect in the supp draft. He will most likely be a 2nd round pick. His size and athetism alone might make a team drop a 1st on him. Had he been able to stay his senior year he was a sure fire mid 1st rounder in 08.

Many people said the same thing about Manny Wright, and he slipped way past the second.

Teams go into the Supplemental Draft in hopes of landing a player with at most, spending a 3rd rounder. They're almost all in this draft for one bad reason or another.....

Many people said the same thing about Manny Wright, and he slipped way past the second.

Teams go into the Supplemental Draft in hopes of landing a player with at most, spending a 3rd rounder. They're almost all in this draft for one bad reason or another.....

I agree . I still think Manny was agreat risk pick. He certainly had more upside than Tony Bua and did just as well as Harrington lol. Even as risky as it is I would not mind putting in for both Oliver and Gaiter because those are players of need. As long as neither has been in trouble with the law Im ok with them. At face value I would risk a pick for them.

You have to question the moves of the coach and gm if the players are also because the players have more insight into the situation than you or I. Lets just hurry up and get this Culpepper saga behind us and let the season begin so we can see what has really happened to this team this offseason!:beer1:

Thanks for the link.

What secondary player who was out there in free agency, whom we could afford, would have been an upgrade over what we already have?

I'm not surprised by some of the players comments regarding any of these subjects. It's not atypical of veteran players to question the moves of a new coaching regime.

Ken Hamlin > Renaldo Hill maybe? But you're right, there's really no one out there that we could afford considering Clements ridiculous signing bonus and Samuel being tendered a Franchise Tag #.

Back
Top Bottom