Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves

First just to open this box of worms if Saban was still here you would hear not a peep from these players whom have made the comments which tells you that Saban had a better handle on his players than Cam.

That is a pretty unfair statement to make. From my understanding of how things were with Saban was tyranical. The guy was a control freak. It's possible he had everyone so afraid of making a mistake that they never played well because they were afraid to try and fail. Sure maybe noone would speak out but that dosnt mean they bought into his system or coaching methods. Furthermore these so called comments are said to of been made in private, so there is'nt any quotes and everyone is unnamed. That could be nothing more then a jouralist trying to sell his article. If in fact it is true, then these unnamed players need to come out and say what it instead of hiding behind anonimity, until they do, I give those statements absolutly no credibility.

Second these guys have been playing day in day out football in most cases scince they were kids while "most" of the fans have "maybe" been watching football half that long if they are lucky. Go tell Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holiday and Zach Thomas face to face that you know more about managing the game than they do and see how far you get.

I agree with you here that these guys do know things inside the lockerroom that we are not a privy too and I do generally accept they have a better handle on miami dolphin football matters then we do.

Third you forgot to add Don Shula, Mike Dika, Tony Dungy and Jimmy Johnson to your list of GM/ Coaches!

Bill Parcels too!

Here's the point in a nutshell if the players do not buy into the system then that sets the system up for failure!

Very true! I believe that is part of why Saban did not suceede here. His players did not have faith in his system.

I will agree with the post after yours that the players whom are making the comments should be quiet at least in the beginning to give Cam and his system a chance to work.

Say it publically or not at all. I wont go as far as saying they are not entitled to share an oppion. If they feel the need to then do it out in the open.

The good news at least about all this in the next 90 to 120 days we will get the chance to see where this ship is headed and hopefully this discussion will all be dead wood!

Cam/Randy have made some controversial moves this off season now we just have to wait and see if thier gambles are gonna pay off.

Back
Top Bottom