Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves

The team has not won enough to make the playoffs in over 5 years. So I think they will disagree with management. But then again management will not agree to much with them losing on the field as much as they have the past 5 years.

Did they need a LB over a CB? NO....
Was their a CB as good as the LB we got? NO....

Did JT & ZT want CPEP to get a fair shot? YES...
Did CPEP get a fair shot? NO....

Will the Players care who is behind center if they are winning? NO...
Will Fans care who is on the field in general if they are winning? NO...

It is all about winning and the Phins are not doing that right now. Let's hope that changes this season and we get above .500 this season.

GO PHINS!!!

Barry Jackson appears to be the king of the unnamed source. Crappy journalism.

Did JT & ZT want CPEP to get a fair shot? YES...
Did CPEP get a fair shot? NO....

Can we really afford to wait until DC gets well, to give him a "fair shot" ? Why should the Dolphins continue to pay a guy who can't play right now.

If DC goes to another team, take Jax, and then can't play, will DC supporters finally come to the conclusion the Dolphins did the right thing by getting rid of an unproductive drain on their salary cap ? They can't ask the rest of the team to sacrifice for one guy. That's why this all makes DC look so bad to so many people. He looks like the ultimate selfish a-hole.

Can we really afford to wait until DC gets well, to give him a "fair shot" ? Why should the Dolphins continue to pay a guy who can't play right now.

If DC goes to another team, take Jax, and then can't play, will DC supporters finally come to the conclusion the Dolphins did the right thing by getting rid of an unproductive drain on their salary cap ? They can't ask the rest of the team to sacrifice for one guy. That's why this all makes DC look so bad to so many people. He looks like the ultimate selfish a-hole.

I was simply pointing out 2 of the more known players that publicly stated they wanted him to get a fair shot. I think they should have allowed him to compete for the starting job. If he fails we cut or trade for a bag of chips. If he does not fail we have 3 QBs.

I do not care if you are the QB...as long as we make it back to the playoffs. It has been tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LONG!!!!

Gaither will not slip past the 4th. I would honestly be surprised if he gets past the 3rd.

6'9", 325lbs with quick feet and athleticism. That's the stuff NFL GM's and Coaches dream about. Teams get a shot at a player like that once every 10 years. You guys underestimate the ego of some decision makers in the NFL.

There are plenty of organizations capable of policing such a young talent and getting the most from him. The Baltimore Ravens are an excellent fit for him.

My prediction: Gaither to Baltimore in the 3rd. He'll replace Ogden in 2 years.

Do I think Miami should take him? Better men than I have made worse decisions. I'd say wait until the 4th, but the Trent Green deal has tied up our 4th and 5th round picks until the end of the season (seeing how he produces). So, it's either 3rd or 6th in my eyes.

Yea, I'd take him in the 3rd.

Gaither will not slip past the 4th. I would honestly be surprised if he gets past the 3rd.

6'9", 325lbs with quick feet and athleticism. That's the stuff NFL GM's and Coaches dream about. Teams get a shot at a player like that once every 10 years. You guys underestimate the ego of some decision makers in the NFL.

There are plenty of organizations capable of policing such a young talent and getting the most from him. The Baltimore Ravens are an excellent fit for him.

My prediction: Gaither to Baltimore in the 3rd.

Do I think Miami should take him? Better men than I have made worse decisions. I'd say wait until the 4th, but the Trent Green deal has tied up our 4th and 5th round picks until the end of the season (seeing how he produces). So, it's either 3rd or 6th in my eyes.

Jared Gaither personafies Boom or Bust. Great physical talent that lacks discipline. He's either going to make some GM look very smart or very dumb when they select him on the 12th.

My prediction: Gaither to Baltimore in the 3rd. He'll replace Ogden in 2 years.

And hollow out are draft again for a player who hasn't performed even at an All Acc level let alone played in any all star games?

If Baltimore takes him then so be it, one can count on one hand the supplemental draft players who ever made an impact in the NFL and the list pretty much begins and ends with Bernie Kosar.

And hollow out are draft again for a player who hasn't performed even at an All Acc level let alone played in any all star games?

If Baltimore takes him then so be it, one can count on one hand the supplemental draft players who ever made an impact in the NFL and the list pretty much begins and ends with Bernie Kosar.

I guess you would consider Cris Carter a non-impact player. How about Pro Bowler Jamaal Williams of the Chargers?

No, the players do not. They play they game, and that's it. That doesnt make them qualified in the least bit to give personnel opinions about anything other than maybe a guy they have played directly against.

Probabaly the worst two GMs in the league right now, Rick Spielman and Matt Millen are ex-players.

First just to open this box of worms if Saban was still here you would hear not a peep from these players whom have made the comments which tells you that Saban had a better handle on his players than Cam. Second these guys have been playing day in day out football in most cases scince they were kids while "most" of the fans have "maybe" been watching football half that long if they are lucky. Go tell Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holiday and Zach Thomas face to face that you know more about managing the game than they do and see how far you get. Third you forgot to add Don Shula, Mike Dika, Tony Dungy and Jimmy Johnson to your list of GM/ Coaches!
Here's the point in a nutshell if the players do not buy into the system then that sets the system up for failure! I will agree with the post after yours that the players whom are making the comments should be quiet at least in the beginning to give Cam and his system a chance to work. The good news
at least about all this in the next 90 to 120 days we will get the chance to see where this ship is headed and hopefully this discussion will all be dead wood!

Actually, if the quality of talent validates a 3rd or higher and you WOULD pick him on traditional draft day, then no... you're not hollowing out next year's draft.

Gaither's main problem with returning is academic ineligiblity. I'm sure he's got his own baggage along with that. But, then again, we're not talking about a 1st or 2nd round player in which his personal record should be immaculate.

However, as I did point out, I'm sure there are a few teams in the league that have the roster to police him for the first few years; Baltimore being one of them.

In regards to his academic standings, I'm sure he's not the first player in the NFL to possess less that lusterous academic records. I believe Vince Young's accidentally released Wonderlic results placed him in another elite club in the NFL; the not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed club.

Vernon Carey has been slammed before for not being the brightest. But, we see how he's progressing. Gaither is not a Day 1 LT starter. But, he could be started at RT and groomed for LT in a year or 2.

One can also count on one hand the number of SuperBowl winning 1st round QBs selected in the NFL draft.

I've oftened made statements about being cautious in the supplemental draft. But, if you wish to use a statistical brush to paint this picture... you might want to weigh the percentage of successful players coming from the supplemental pool against the same percentage in the traditional draft pool.

I would say the ratios are respectably close. Considering scouting departments work all year around. It's not like a staff is just now scouting Gaither for the first time So, I'm sure an equal amount of due diligence has been done on a prospect in the supplemental draft who would have been considered first day, if not first round, material in next year's draft.

Gaither is a boom or bust guy, a typical supplemental risk. I would be surprised to see him go before the fourth, but you never know.

I would love to grab him for a fourth because, if he works out, he is a franchise tackle type. If he doesn't, than it wasn't a tremendous loss (similar philosophy to Manny Wright)

I guess you would consider Cris Carter a non-impact player. How about Pro Bowler Jamaal Williams of the Chargers?

That's three in the last 22+ years or more of the Supplemental Draft.

We have a host of lineman in camp already, there is no need to reach for a guy who is in the Supplemental draft when we don't even know who is going to start in Sept already.

Has any of the Dolphins staff even mentioned the man's name? Has he even be scouted by any of our staff?

That's three in the last 22+ years or more of the Supplemental Draft.

We have a host of lineman in camp already, there is no need to reach for a guy who is in the Supplemental draft when we don't even know who is going to start in Sept already.

Has any of the Dolphins staff even mentioned the man's name? Has he even be scouted by any of our staff?

It makes no difference if anyone on the Dolphins staff had made any public comments about Gaither. They wouldn't make it known of their interest for fear that teams like Oakland, Detroit or any of the teams who drafts before might use a pick on him in the same round we might want to.

PS: I think you have me confused with someone who says we should actually draft Gaither.

I say that you should always stay open minded because you never know does that mean we should take him? no. But just don't be completley closed to it because u never know what kind of situation might show up.

It makes no difference if anyone on the Dolphins staff had made any public comments about Gaither. They wouldn't make it known of their interest for fear that teams like Oakland, Detroit or any of the teams who drafts before might use a pick on him in the same round we might want to.

PS: I think you have me confused with someone who says we should actually draft Gaither.

My mistake....

I doubt those two teams at least would take a low pick chance on Gaither because they more then likely will be horrible next year as well, they would be giving up too much value for him IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom