Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Players privately disagreeing with some front office moves

I also think it is a mistake on passing on Gaither.

Now on Hadnot, it is smart to wait on the extension but they best not wait to long. Because of the market out there for G. He will get a big payday if he waits until FA

I also think it is a mistake on passing on Gaither.

Now on Hadnot, it is smart to wait on the extension but they best not wait to long. Because of the market out there for G. He will get a big payday if he waits until FA

Maybe too big a pay day. Some very mediocre guards got huge money from some teams. I doubt Hadnot deserves any salary that is above average at this point. The team did not pursue any guards that commanded top dollar this year, that looks like a position they would rather develop cheaper talent at than blow a wad of money on.

Maybe too big a pay day. Some very mediocre guards got huge money from some teams. I doubt Hadnot deserves any salary that is above average at this point. The team did not pursue any guards that commanded top dollar this year, that looks like a position they would rather develop cheaper talent at than blow a wad of money on.

I understand that too but how much continuity will that bring if you are always losing your top Oline talent because you want to stay cheap? It is the nature of the NFL these days LT and Gs are going to get big money now. Specially if they play mulitple positions

You can't pay everyone $5 mil. a year just to keep the team competitive, either. Remember, there is a Salary Cap you have to fit 53 players into.

You can't pay everyone $5 mil. a year just to keep the team competitive, either. Remember, there is a Salary Cap you have to fit 53 players into.

Yes i do agree. But Oline is very important. Also, how would it look to other players. Well this team will not extend me when I deserve my money. Compound that with the way that CP is being treated now and well you could have a big disconnect in the making with players and FO

No, the players do not. They play they game, and that's it. That doesnt make them qualified in the least bit to give personnel opinions about anything other than maybe a guy they have played directly against.

Probabaly the worst two GMs in the league right now, Rick Spielman and Matt Millen are ex-players.

Rick Spielman played in the NFL, for who & @ what position?

I know his brother played for the Lions, but he just played in college as far as I know...

Please dont sign this gaither dude, we havent gotten over manny wright yet. lets wait until next draft and since we will be drafting in the 4- 15 pick range lets get a dependable left tackle to sign.:cooldude:

With our lack of talent on the line, he could make an immediate impact. He could be groomed to take over for Shelton or tryed at Rt and move Shelton back to G making us possibly stronger. We need help esp on the line.

The talent level concern is understood. However I don't want the organization reaching for players with a bunch of risk associated with them in a supplemental draft to cover past mistakes (by a previous regime) of not adequately addressing areas of weakeness. And yeah South Beach would be a bad scene for a troubled young man. No organziation should look to the supplemental draft to find immediate impact players. It is a time to look at projects and ones how pose the better risk vs. reward scenario.

Neither one makes any sense though dlockz, Gaither never really showed much, Oliver MIGHT make a bit of sense, but not for a high draft pick, he showed some talent but we are fill to the gills with questions at CB, and Gaither more then likely couldn't step in by TC to make a difference.

Christmas fever may be taking hold on some folks...:beer1:

This sort of public disagreement never happened under Saban, so let's take it with a grain of salt and perhaps realize that now that our Vets are off the chain, they will be speaking out more, that and our "D" was so good last year, that they are tired of waiting for the "next" project...cough Joey..cough cough....

I don't know where you're getting your information on Jared Gaither but he started the 2005 season at left tackle as a freshman in place of injured Stephon Heyer, and didn't allow a sack. He was so good, in fact, that Sporting News named him one of the top 10 tackles in all of college football heading into the 2006 season. This was among stalwarts like Joe Thomas, Levi Brown, Aaron Sears, Justin Blalock, Joe Staley, Sam Baker, Jake Long, etc.

He was not an underachiever on the field. He's been one off it.

Yes i do agree. But Oline is very important. Also, how would it look to other players. Well this team will not extend me when I deserve my money. Compound that with the way that CP is being treated now and well you could have a big disconnect in the making with players and FO

For what it's worth BFIP, 99.999% of us consider the CP thing over and done with...a thing of the distant past. The way he was "treated" is as much media hype as it is myth. CP did most of the PR damage himself. Furthermore, he continues to act in a manner contrary to his best interest. I think most, if not all the players, and especially coaches and FO already know this. To them, there really is no disconnect.

I also originally thought of that disconnect, as you stated. Then I realized that the only real disconnect comes when an obvious star performer doesn't get the payday he deserves, or an obvious underachiever gets much more of a payday than he deserves. There are about 25 separate player markets within this league (one for each position). And each has its different needs in any given year. Player self evaluations don't mean a lot. Player markets dictate the story from year to year. Timing is everything.

Besides the whims of a supply and demand market, the real disconnects arise when a player and agent evaluates himself to be better than the market thinks he is. You cannot expect someone to write a check for "potential" more than twice; once from the draft, and once when you get to your second team. By that time, you have either proven yourself or you haven't. If you never get to a second team, you either never proven yourself at all, or you proven it in a very big payday way.

EDIT COMING...

One more thing. Although a disconnect can be perceived as such, the real issue is that sadly, some players have not yet matured enough to understand that they, their performance, their character, and their off-field behavior are equal-portion commodities in a business. For some self-proclaimed prima-donnas, I am sure their agents have to continuously remind them of that fact.

Dolphins disagree with management

I don't know if this has been posted aleady... But here goes:

One Fins starter can't understand why Miami didn't spend to upgrade the secondary, instead of linebacker. And some Fins players, privately, continue to disagree with how Daunte Culpepper's situation has been handled.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/163823.html

Only one player wonders about the secondary, and only some of the players don't like the way DC's situation was handled. I wouldn't be too worried. I think that most players don't like the way the DC situation was handled because they empathize with him as a player. I'm sure some of the players are being quiet and may agree with these vocal few, but I'm also sure that some of the players also disagree with these vocal few, and aren't saying anything because they just want to stay out of it and make the team at this point.

All in all, the best part of this story is that we actually have a story because the media can actually talk to people now.

Back
Top Bottom