MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO

An impact yes, but positive or negative?? History points to the later.

Considering the triumvirate has only been in place since the 08' draft those are the only picks you can use for comparison. And well... we picked the right Long (not Chris) and Vontae looks to be solid starter for quite a while. I'd say 100% with this FO not 50%. :up:

Plus, Marshall lost 7 out of his last 9 games and was suspended for the last. Way to be a playmaker :rolleyes2:

This is exactly what I mean...Do you have anything to back up anything you said against Brandon? History points to the latter??? Based on what history? He has missed 3 games in his 4 year career and has had 100+ catches in the past 3 seasons, he has averaged 7+tds over the past three years, 1000 yards in each of the 3 past years. Thus, history would suggest he would play 15 games, have 100 receptions, over 1000 yards, and 7 tds. I beg you to show me a history that proves anything else.

I agree that this front office has great skills at drafting, but at best they have 60% chance of not wasting their first round pick. The NFL draft is a crap shoot and no team or front office can boast to be above the unpredictability of it. Remember this is the same front office that got their franchise QB 2 years ago in the 2nd round, but then last year picked Pat White, so you as I said it is about 50/50.

Marshall lost 7 of his last 9 games? When did the NFL stop being a team sport? When did WRs turn in to pitches and start getting win loss records? Marshall was also injured in the last game of the season, and said his hamstring would most likely keep him out of the game, and then Josh McDaniel benched a man who already said he couldn't play. I would not consider that suspended.

Marshall lost 7 of his last 9 games? When did the NFL stop being a team sport? When did WRs turn in to pitches and start getting win loss records? Marshall was also injured in the last game of the season, and said his hamstring would most likely keep him out of the game, and then Josh McDaniel benched a man who already said he couldn't play. I would not consider that suspended.

BOOYAH! BAM SHAZAAM! That is exactly my point and exactly how I hoped you would respond. :kick: Denver lost 7 out of its last 9 games despite having a #1 WR. WHY???? Because regardless of how many points their offense put up, they have too may needs that must be addressed on defense. SO, why the **** would we give up a #12 draft pick to inherit the same problems. Regardless, all you Marshallbaters need to stop whinning now and find something else to frap over. :3w:

There is no point arguing with delusional Jet's fans. They got a few breaks and were able to make it to the AFC Championship Game and all of a sudden they think they have arrived. They essentally are swapping Jones for LT and elevating Greene as their everyday back....this will come back to bite them. It's going to be nice putting Fat Ryan in his place again this year. :up:

IMO it was nice last year when we put fat ryan in his place. as a dolphin fan i wouldnt want nothing more. BUT IMO the jest did get better on D and with dirty boy with a full year with braylon edwards i see the jests being better than last year. IMO revis and cormartie can cover one on one with anybody we have on our team.remember this is year 3 and theres noway in hell we can draft a WR and explode this coming year ? it takes WRs 2-3 years to become elite so BP and co. IMO can forget about the 3 year plan the way we are drafting and picking up FAs they had better have a 10 year plan because there going to need it and yes i have been a fin fan for about 24 years (never been a fan of another team) but IMO if we keep going they way we are we are screwed. the frount office dosent like players that get into trouble BUT we went out and grabed one in Richie Incognito ? i dont care if if he came for free we wasnt suspose to pick up troubled players or divas? bottom line they suspose to leave players like that alone ? COME ON NOW .thats bull if it wasnt about the money why did we go out and get a player like incognito? yeah he came cheap we can drop him like a fly if he dont pan out ? thats not the point we are suspose to leave players like that alone ? IMO we are not gambling on players enough. but to say we are staying away from troubled players ?lmao you GET MY POINT :thanks:

the frount office dosent like players that get into trouble BUT we went out and grabed one in Richie Incognito ?

They FO didn't say anything about troubled players. Sparano just said were not interested in diva WR's.

The Phins have the highest winning % in NFL History (58.2%). The Jets were lucky to win ONE big game against the Baltimore Colts in the late 60's. We're you even around back then?? :tongue2:

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.aspx

That's nice, how many trophies do they hand out for win % again?

Last I checked we beat the Jets the last three times, that's all that matters. :3w:

Actually, all that matters is we made the AFC Title Game- a place your team hasn't been in 18 years.

Thank god your favorite team did not get the WR with the most receptions over the past 3 seasons? I mean that would suck if we had a 26 year old WR who is, at worst, one of the 3 best WRs in the NFL. I do not get our fans.

I think we need to think defense in free agency and the draft, but there is no one available in the draft or free agency that will make a bigger impact than Brandon will make on what ever team he plays for in 2010. He made Orton and Cutler look like all-pros. He has 100+ receptions in 3 of his 4 seasons, and averages more TDs per season than all of our WRs combined had last season.

Look at our last 10 first round draft picks:

1996 Daryl Gardener Defensive tackle Baylor
1997 Yatil Green Wide receiver Miami (FL)
1998 John Avery Running back Mississippi
1999 — — No pick
2000 — — No pick
2001 Jamar Fletcher Defensive back Wisconsin
2002 — — No pick
2003 — — No pick
2004 Vernon Carey Offensive tackle Miami (FL) [q]
2005 Ronnie Brown Running back Auburn
2006 Jason Allen Defensive back Tennessee
2007 Ted Ginn, Jr. Wide receiver Ohio State
2008 Jake Long Offensive tackle Michigan
2009 Vontae Davis Cornerback Illinois

Year by year we had a good pick, bad, bad, bad, good, good, bad, bad, good, good. If you look at this strictly with math as your reason there is a 50% chance we will waste the #12 pick. If you look at Marshall's stats there is a 75% chance he will catch 100 balls next year. How would anyone not prefer Brandon on this team?
Highly flawed logic. What do those draft picks have to do with now? Nothing whatsoever. 100% different front office, and from the looks of it, they've hit on 100% of their 1st round draft picks... 75% chance he catches 100 balls next year? How do you figure? There's a higher chance he gets suspended again.

Can anyone really believe anything that comes out of the trifecta's mouths?

Every single time they have said something, we've seen the complete opposite. I won't believe anything until I see it.

I can believe it because this is just the way Parcells is. He did not want T.O. in Dallas just because of his personality, and T.O. never had any trouble with the law, he has a clean record compared to Marshall. You guys need to let it go already and move on, we've told you countless times it won't happen.

Highly flawed logic. What do those draft picks have to do with now? Nothing whatsoever. 100% different front office, and from the looks of it, they've hit on 100% of their 1st round draft picks... 75% chance he catches 100 balls next year? How do you figure? There's a higher chance he gets suspended again.[/quote]

care to put a friendy wager on that?

I can paypal you the money if I loose.

Back
Top Bottom