MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO

Can anyone really believe anything that comes out of the trifecta's mouths?

Every single time they have said something, we've seen the complete opposite. I won't believe anything until I see it.

Sparano has been extremely truthful when he bashes people, but it's when he praises people that you know it's a crock of b.s. The same goes for Ireland.

I guess this closes the chapter on our hopes to get Marshall. Now we sit and hope he doesn't go to the Jets.

My gut told me Culpepper was a bad idea over Brees, my gut told me passing on Randy Moss in the draft would be a mistake, and I can't help but feel the team will regret this one.

Sparano has been extremely truthful when he bashes people, but it's when he praises people that you know it's a crock of b.s. The same goes for Ireland.

I guess this closes the chapter on our hopes to get Marshall. Now we sit and hope he doesn't go to the Jets.

My gut told me Culpepper was a bad idea over Brees, my gut told me passing on Randy Moss in the draft would be a mistake, and I can't help but feel the team will regret this one.

I agree 100% about regretting this decision.

I feel getting Brandon Marshall for a first round pick is the easiest decision in the world. I think we can all agree that 2 or 3 WR's are going to be drafted in the 1st round....are any of those better than Marshall? Is there a better receiver in the game than Marshall?

But in response to trusting what comes out of their mouth...Everytime I hear them talk about someone I feel like I'm playing poker....I just can't trust them

For whatever reason, Florio has a hardon for Parcells and now the Fins. Although he's a douche, I admit to regularly reading PFT. When they stick to news and rumors sidestepping biased editorialism, they get a lot right. Still the fact remains that although he's reengineered himself, still ticking inside this "journalist" is a skumbayg shiester of a lawyer. Leopards don't change their spots.

He has got a point, Ronnie Brown excluded the moral standard they set seems to fluctuate.

Never said nothing about Javon Walker and Dwayne Bowe!!!!
Had to stir up a little more ;)

Actually we won't need Marshall to win the division. I will be shocked if we get him.

:rolleyes2: Wow!!!

Right now, your defense could end up being better or worse depending how your new safety and corner perform, niether is a sure shot to be an upgrade from what you had last year.

On offense, your team swapped a dependable starting RB with plenty of gas still in the tank, for a once great who is on an extreme decline and and nowhere near the player he once was.

Your team could very well not be as good as last year, and if you consider how they played against the Patriots and Dolphins....that could be a problem, but I agree Marshall is not an answer for you or any of our teams.

Right now between the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins, there is no clear cut winner of the division.

I'm sure that if they polled all of the head coaches in the NFL over 95% of them would agree that they don't want either of those guys on their team.

Any team that takes them is either desperate or just needs to sell tickets.

Marshall is a train wreck just waiting to happen, & TO is already too old to be worth the hassle.

Good...I don't want any part of Brandon Marshall....and wouldn't want T.O. unless we are not able to draft a WR. I wouldn't give T.O. anymore then a one year minimum.

Right now, your defense could end up being better or worse depending how your new safety and corner perform, niether is a sure shot to be an upgrade from what you had last year.

On offense, your team swapped a dependable starting RB with plenty of gas still in the tank, for a once great who is on an extreme decline and and nowhere near the player he once was.

Your team could very well not be as good as last year, and if you consider how they played against the Patriots and Dolphins....that could be a problem, but I agree Marshall is not an answer for you or any of our teams.

Right now between the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins, there is no clear cut winner of the division.

Remember, this is year 2 of the system. We also get jenkins back who is arguably our most important player on D, we upgraded at corner and downgraded at S but overall on ppaer I expect we'll be alot better than last year. it may not reflect in the rankings but I expect this D will show up in the big spots that it didn't always show up in last year.

offensively we have a QB who is going into year 2 which is HUGE, yes we lose Jones BUT Greene moves into Jones spot and at this point he's a better RB than Jones and keep in mind that Jones averaged 3.6 YPC in 2007 when we had a crappy OL and that jumped a yard in '08 when the 2 young guys came into their own and we got the 2 vets to compliment them. LT will be more effective this year than the last 2 years b/c of that. We also have a full offseason and season of Edwards, keller stepped up(along w/ Sanchez) in postseason, Leon will be back(hopefully). OurO should be MUCH better and not as reliant on the ground.

On paper I'm very confident but that doesn't always translate but I know we don't NEED Marshall. I'd love to have his talent but winning teams aren't always the most talented.

There is no point arguing with delusional Jet's fans. They got a few breaks and were able to make it to the AFC Championship Game and all of a sudden they think they have arrived. They essentally are swapping Jones for LT and elevating Greene as their everyday back....this will come back to bite them. It's going to be nice putting Fat Ryan in his place again this year. :up:

I'm sure that if they polled all of the head coaches in the NFL over 95% of them would agree that they don't want either of those guys on their team.

Any team that takes them is either desperate or just needs to sell tickets.

Marshall is a train wreck just waiting to happen, & TO is already too old to be worth the hassle.
Well, Marshall hasn't generated any interest, aside from the "get to know you" interview w/Seattle, what was so unimpressive Seattle has not been heard from since. This speaks volumes as to what the collective front offices think of him. Some of our fans might moan and complain (ad nauseum), but the people in the know aren't even thinking of adding him to their team. The same goes for TO, who wouldn't even cost a team as far as draft pick compensation is concerned. Nobody is lining up to acquire him either.

There is no point arguing with delusional Jet's fans. They got a few breaks and were able to make it to the AFC Championship Game and all of a sudden they think they have arrived. They essentally are swapping Jones for LT and elevating Greene as their everyday back....this will come back to bite them. It's going to be nice putting Fat Ryan in his place again this year. :up:

yeah the phins really showed the jets last year with that 7-9 3rd place finish.

Back
Top Bottom