MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Sparano doesn't want Marshall or TO

Remember, this is year 2 of the system. We also get jenkins back who is arguably our most important player on D, we upgraded at corner and downgraded at S but overall on ppaer I expect we'll be alot better than last year. it may not reflect in the rankings but I expect this D will show up in the big spots that it didn't always show up in last year.

You would like to hope you upgraded at Corner, but only on paper did you upgrade, because in reality Cromartie can just as easily become distracted and ineffective if he continue to act like he has in SD that last couple of years.

offensively we have a QB who is going into year 2 which is HUGE, yes we lose Jones BUT Greene moves into Jones spot and at this point he's a better RB than Jones and keep in mind that Jones averaged 3.6 YPC in 2007 when we had a crappy OL and that jumped a yard in '08 when the 2 young guys came into their own and we got the 2 vets to compliment them. LT will be more effective this year than the last 2 years b/c of that. We also have a full offseason and season of Edwards, keller stepped up(along w/ Sanchez) in postseason, Leon will be back(hopefully). OurO should be MUCH better and not as reliant on the ground.

Greene actually looked like a starting RB in 1 game, Ginn has had great games, but we at Dolphins central fanbase are not exactly calling him the next great starting receiver for Miami. Jones was your best, most consistent RB, you lost him, and it will hurt your team, because your team was effective on Offense last year because of great running game, and even though it will probably still be a pretty good running attack, it will still not be near as good as in 09.

On paper I'm very confident but that doesn't always translate but I know we don't NEED Marshall. I'd love to have his talent but winning teams aren't always the most talented.

Well guess what, on what I saw last year of these three teams (Jets, Pats, Phins) I feel very confident about my team, because my team even with defensive inconsistancies (Something that is normally fixed with a good D-coordinator, and we got one of the better ones), and played the toughest schedule of the three, we still were the most consistent of the three.

You can feel as confident as you want with your team, and I can do the same, but in reality, we can all make a very good case for all three whey they will win the east, and just as easy make a case why any of the there won't win the east.

Junc, I am not denying that your team does not have talent, the defense is going to be very good not matter what happens in your secondary, but there is very little that your team has on paper if things gop right, that the patriots and the Dolphins can not just as well accomplish.

You would like to hope you upgraded at Corner, but only on paper did you upgrade, because in reality Cromartie can just as easily become distracted and ineffective if he continue to act like he has in SD that last couple of years.

Greene actually looked like a starting RB in 1 game, Ginn has had great games, but we at Dolphins central fanbase are not exactly calling him the next great starting receiver for Miami. Jones was your best, most consistent RB, you lost him, and it will hurt your team, because your team was effective on Offense last year because of great running game, and even though it will probably still be a pretty good running attack, it will still not be near as good as in 09.

Well guess what, on what I saw last year of these three teams (Jets, Pats, Phins) I feel very confident about my team, because my team even with defensive inconsistancies (Something that is normally fixed with a good D-coordinator, and we got one of the better ones), and played the toughest schedule of the three, we still were the most consistent of the three.

You can feel as confident as you want with your team, and I can do the same, but in reality, we can all make a very good case for all three whey they will win the east, and just as easy make a case why any of the there won't win the east.

Junc, I am not denying that your team does not have talent, the defense is going to be very good not matter what happens in your secondary, but there is very little that your team has on paper if things gop right, that the patriots and the Dolphins can not just as well accomplish.

I expect we'll get the best out of Cromartie for at least this year.

Greene was a beast late in the year and in postseason where he was the best RB in the league in postseason. He won't be a feature back, he'll be sharing the load w/ Leon and LT. Please don't compare him to Ginn, Greene was certainly more consistent than Ginn has been.

The running game will be as good as last year, the rushing totals may not be as good b/c we will throw more but it will be as effective.

We all played similar scheds so you can't use the sched excuse. Obviously you weren't the most consistent of the 3 or you would have been playing in January.

It's fine you think your team is the best of the 3, I think all 3 are pretty close and any of them can win the division.

We'll see what happens, it should be a fun race.

:lol: oh man all the people who have wet dreams about Marshall are gettin their hearts broken

We are known for losing Championship games? We've only lost 3 of them.

You guys are known for getting humiliated all the time in postseason.

NE did get humiliated by Baltimore this year BUT they have a MUCH better recent history to fall back on.

The Phins have the highest winning % in NFL History (58.2%). The Jets were lucky to win ONE big game against the Baltimore Colts in the late 60's. We're you even around back then?? :tongue2:

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.aspx

Both Owens and Marshall not an option

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...the-complete-downlow-on-the-dolphins-wrs.html

The Dolphins are not in the market for Owens. And they are not about to give up a first round pick, plus $10 million annually, plus a big signing bonus for troubled restricted free agent Brandon Marshall.
"I don't know if either of them make sense for our ballclub one way or the other," Sparano said. "Both are great players in their own ways, different from each other. Obviously I've had Terrell before and know his strengths. Brandon I've played against before, know his strengths.
"I'm happy with the group of players we have right now, been very productive over the last couple of years and are continuing to get better."

We all knew that Marshall is not going to happen. Now, TO is not an option. I am content with both decisions.

i heard a noncommittal comment from a pc-coach who prides himself on not throwing his own players under buses. asked about JT he also gave a noncommittal comment; besides, Big/Lil Tuna should be the one's picking players... he's there to coach 'em, trouble or not.

Thank God!

Thank god your favorite team did not get the WR with the most receptions over the past 3 seasons? I mean that would suck if we had a 26 year old WR who is, at worst, one of the 3 best WRs in the NFL. I do not get our fans.

I think we need to think defense in free agency and the draft, but there is no one available in the draft or free agency that will make a bigger impact than Brandon will make on what ever team he plays for in 2010. He made Orton and Cutler look like all-pros. He has 100+ receptions in 3 of his 4 seasons, and averages more TDs per season than all of our WRs combined had last season.

Look at our last 10 first round draft picks:

1996 Daryl Gardener Defensive tackle Baylor
1997 Yatil Green Wide receiver Miami (FL)
1998 John Avery Running back Mississippi
1999 — — No pick
2000 — — No pick
2001 Jamar Fletcher Defensive back Wisconsin
2002 — — No pick
2003 — — No pick
2004 Vernon Carey Offensive tackle Miami (FL) [q]
2005 Ronnie Brown Running back Auburn
2006 Jason Allen Defensive back Tennessee
2007 Ted Ginn, Jr. Wide receiver Ohio State
2008 Jake Long Offensive tackle Michigan
2009 Vontae Davis Cornerback Illinois

Year by year we had a good pick, bad, bad, bad, good, good, bad, bad, good, good. If you look at this strictly with math as your reason there is a 50% chance we will waste the #12 pick. If you look at Marshall's stats there is a 75% chance he will catch 100 balls next year. How would anyone not prefer Brandon on this team?

We are 1-0 in SBs, you are 2-3.

You have lost your last 2 AFC Title game apps by an average of 18 PPG w/ both games coming at HOME.

Unfortunately for both of us the reality is its been DECADES since either team won a championship.... arguing who has had better playoff losses is ridiculous!!! The arguement should be which one of our teams is going to win one first!!!

And for the record on the New England points, they haven't won ANYTHING since getting caught cheating!!

I think we need to think defense in free agency and the draft, but there is no one available in the draft or free agency that will make a bigger impact than Brandon will make on what ever team he plays for in 2010. He made Orton and Cutler look like all-pros. He has 100+ receptions in 3 of his 4 seasons, and averages more TDs per season than all of our WRs combined had last season.

Look at our last 10 first round draft picks:

1996 Daryl Gardener Defensive tackle Baylor
1997 Yatil Green Wide receiver Miami (FL)
1998 John Avery Running back Mississippi
1999 — — No pick
2000 — — No pick
2001 Jamar Fletcher Defensive back Wisconsin
2002 — — No pick
2003 — — No pick
2004 Vernon Carey Offensive tackle Miami (FL) [q]
2005 Ronnie Brown Running back Auburn
2006 Jason Allen Defensive back Tennessee
2007 Ted Ginn, Jr. Wide receiver Ohio State
2008 Jake Long Offensive tackle Michigan
2009 Vontae Davis Cornerback Illinois

Year by year we had a good pick, bad, bad, bad, good, good, bad, bad, good, good. If you look at this strictly with math as your reason there is a 50% chance we will waste the #12 pick. If you look at Marshall's stats there is a 75% chance he will catch 100 balls next year. How would anyone not prefer Brandon on this team?

An impact yes, but positive or negative?? History points to the later.

Considering the triumvirate has only been in place since the 08' draft those are the only picks you can use for comparison. And well... we picked the right Long (not Chris) and Vontae looks to be solid starter for quite a while. I'd say 100% with this FO not 50%. :up:

Plus, Marshall lost 7 out of his last 9 games and was suspended for the last. Way to be a playmaker :rolleyes2:

Why is there any Jets fan in here???? Didn't we SWEEP THEM????? Get lost bums.

Back
Top Bottom