Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper

Just my opinion, but I think Bradshaw is taking offense to Culpepper's misadventures with the love boat scandal. I'm pretty sure Bradshaw is someone with a specific set of morals (for lack of better phrasing) and he is personally offended.
As for whether Bradshaw was a good QB or not....c'mon get real, the guy was a part of a dynasty; winning 4 SB. He was good. Yes, he had good teammates; but Bradshaw was good,too.

420finfan said:

He makes a lot of dumb statements in this interview, Culpepper had his greatest season in the year Moss had one of his absolute worst, Moss only caught 700 of the 4700 yards he threw for in 2004.

And would someone please tell me the name of a quarterback who didn't benefit from having quality receivers?

Did Bradshaw not benefit from having Swann, Stallworth and Franco Harris?

Bradshaw was on a team full of hall of famers and O-lineman blown up by steroids, and his numbers and QB rating still pale compared to Culpeppers.

What Culpepper needed most was a good organization with top notch coaching....he has found it.

He is now with a head coach that will never allow all the undisciplined crap that went on in Minny to happen here, a head coach that will never let a punk like Moss disrupt his football team.

A Wing Pilot said:
Hes not an idiot as much as he is mis informed:

The thing is we have chambers, and a better complete team package then Min had. Daunte lost 2 line man, a WR, and never had stability at RB. All of which are remedied by his exchange to miami. The fact is even in the supposed" great years" with moss he had plenty of long bobms to the other recievers as Moss got Double Coverage.

Leadership wise, never had an issue at UCF, never had any issues before the boat, suddenly he's incompetent???? I'm not saying he not guilty of making mistakes, just noting how the tide turns in the media.

As far as Terry's analysis of the injury, I don't even think tyhey had Laproscopic Knee surgery when he played, infact if daunte played back then he would have been done. According to the surgery teams at UM (Mgahee's MDs) Most ALL knee injuries with todays technology can be fully repaired. Sure there are exceptions, however as a multi million dollar athlete I'm guessing your odds for healing go significantly up !!!!!!

Terry is just spitting opinion to be opinion, not knowledgeable on todays technology or digging into the story further then the telepromter.
:yeahthat:

I make it a point not to take too seriously any sports commentary from anyone who was in Cannonball Run.

I would like to see Duante's #'s for his first two seasons compared with Big Ben, Brett Favre,even Peyton Manning. All QB's benefit from thier supporting cast. Football is a team sport. Tell meTom Brady would win those 3 super bowls with the Jets,49ers,Vikings, basically any other team. Maybe Philly,brady probably wins 3 Super bowls out of his 5 seasons in Philly,Maybe Tampa.

My point Terry Bradshaw is entertaining,he is a very smart man who enjoys being perceived as a half wit cajun.
Bottom line football is the ultimate team sport.

"When he felt the pressure was on his shoulders, he didn't play well."

Let's see.....

Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams (assuming he wins his appeal)
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Randy McMichael
An improving offensive line coached by one of (if not) the best offensive line coaches in the league

I don't think Daunte is going to feel the pressure is all on his shoulders.

can someone clear the boat issue up for me weren't the charges for lap dances.
I am a huge fan of lap dances. I can't imagine there would be any problem with lap dances in Miami.

late again said:
I'm pretty sure Bradshaw is someone with a specific set of morals (for lack of better phrasing) and he is personally offended.

bradshaw came to my high school many years ago and spoke to us about becoming christians. at taxpayer expense, no doubt.

It's a well known fact that Bradshaw is low on intelligence. If you're going to defend him I suggest you use another angle besides "he is not an idiot". Because most of us already know that he is.

Right now Culpepper is a Dolphin and has done nothing wrong while a Dolphin. He has a clean slate. I have his back until he proves otherwise.

Bradshaw is a bone head. He's PO'ed cause D.Gun has better numbers. It is the year 2005 we do have the technology to remove that bone in his head but he's just to cheap to get it done.

Go Dolphins

Anyone who thinks NFL players will not follow Pep due to his involvement in the love boat incident is completely dellusional. If you read the police report in another thread, you will see just how insignificant his involvement actually was and some think this will somehow affect his credibility within a locker room...give me a break. Do people think the NFL environment is some choir boy atmosphere?

As for the injury, this is the greatest concern; however, we are better off dealing with a knee injury than a shoulder injury. The list of players playing a more physically demanding position - RB - is actually quite remarkable. Just in recent history alone, look how shoulder injuries have affected Chad Pennington, Tony Boselli and Tim Couch.

As for Moss...Pep's greatest season was when Moss was a parttime player obtaining just over 700 yards receiving. And this past season...Pep had two very rough games behind a poor o-line (31 sacks in 7 games), minimal weapons at WR, no running game and suspect coaching. He did pick it nicely after the first two games until the injury.

Pep is a guy who's perception has greatly affected everyone's reality (the Culpepper Manifesto covers this off) and we are the greatest beneficiaries of this.

Namor said:
Wasn't Bradshaw a big,dumb strong armed QB with a
great reciever to throw too?

Yes but that was long ago. Now he is just big and dumb.:lol:

Namor said:
Wasn't Bradshaw a big,dumb strong armed QB with a
great reciever to throw too?
He had two great receivers to throw to...and they`re both in the Hall of Fame. I could care less what that country bumpkin has to say.

The guys on the Dolphins will probably be so disgusted that he touched a stripper giving him a lap dance that they will simply disregard anything he says. As we all know, football players encompass the highest moral standards. Most of those guys do not know how to relate to people who party with alcohol and strippers. They certainly wouldnt rally behind someone like that or give him support in any way, because that is something most football players simply do not do!!!

Back
Top Bottom