Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper

420finfan said:

I'm not seeing what is so bad about what he said.

1. he doesn't think Culpepper is a top QB.
(So what that is his opinion, I feel Michael Vick is highly overrated)

2. He doesn't think Culpepper will be ready for the start of the season.
(I don't think He will be ready for open day either)

3. He think Culpepper is going to have Leadership issues after the boat thing.
(I agree with that also. The Qb is suppost to be the leader of the team. He needs to have the maturity to stand up to those players and tell them what they are doing is hurting the team, not participate in those activities.)

I'm glad we have Culpepper. He is A huge upgrade at QB for us. but he does have some things he needs to work on.

So what is suppost to be so bad about what Bradshaw said?

thepoolboy said:
Anyone who thinks NFL players will not follow Pep due to his involvement in the love boat incident is completely dellusional. If you read the police report in another thread, you will see just how insignificant his involvement actually was and some think this will somehow affect his credibility within a locker room...give me a break. Do people think the NFL environment is some choir boy atmosphere?

I think he was referring more to DCs leadership skills as the issue, not the incident itself. That may have not been the way he said it. The bottom line is that whether you or I agree, he was the designated leader of the Vikes simply because he was the QB. His leadership skills showed to be lacking by his involvement (again, even tho the whole thing is certainly not a big deal to most people and as you said, certainly not to most NFL players...) It's not a matter of other players not following him, but because he is the focus of the team when his name is bantered about in a scandal where morals were "violated" (to some people) and laws (however foolish) were broken, he assumes "blame" and therefore a lack of leadership skills...

Again, to me, its an issue of him making a poor decision that shows a lack of true leadership...

The whole point needs to be really forgotten, especially (as you said) if you read the police reports...the whole incident is not worth the paper or the time it took to fill out the forms...

just my personal feelings on terry bradshaw. he's a moron. seriously, he says he never was sold on DC? during his 3 pro-bowl years, his career, supposedly all that time randy moss was carrying DC? did he ever say anything like that throughout dauntes career? randy moss was the good player not daunte? i didnt hear anyone saying TO was carrying donovan mcnabb before that whole thing blew up, or any really good and talented wide reciever was what was making that teams qb good. i think it's actually down right disrespectful to say it was all randy moss doing the work. you know what, daunte had to throw the deep ball that was catchable in the first place for moss to go up and grab it...

If he gets us to the Super Bowl in Miami, I'll give him a lap dance, I'll have my wife give him one too. Bring on the Jets!!!

I watched a piece the other nite on Terry and the struggles he's had throughout his career and life for that matter. I must say I never really appreciated him much till this show on NFL network but all things considered he's quite a accomplished guy.
Now, as for his article I think it's unfortunate

Thats so nice coming from a guy who badmouthed his own coach who took them to three superbowls and won them and who was considerate enough to see past his faults and just take his stupid crap and ignore it.

Keep in mind Bradshaw is a New Orleans native who is probably loving the Brees deal and now has to badmouth the "other guy".

Haha, Bradshaw is a moron! Look at that first paragraph. It is just one big repition of "I'm not sold on Culpepper, I never was." He doesn't know how to talk. He also mentions that he won't be ready for the start of the year but how the heck would he know that?

A funny story about Bradshaw I herd on a T.V show one time. Bradshaw was having a bad game once upon a time where he completed just 6 of 16 passes. The head coach approached him and shouted, "BRADSHAW, WHAT"S THE DEAL!" Bradshaw replied, "coach what's wrong with 50%?" HAHA, just shows how much he knows.

Don't listen to this guy.

LarryFinFan said:
He needs to come thru because it looks more and more like the D is going to be lacking some (at least in the secondary)...

if we sign arrington or peterson, i think betty boo could play in our secondary because our front 7 will dominate

I watched a piece the other nite on Terry and the struggles he's had throughout his career and life for that matter. I must say I never really appreciated him much till this show on NFL network, but all things considered he's quite a accomplished guy.
Now, as for his article I think it's unfortunate he failed to take into account the fact that not only didn't DC have Moss but also lost his OC. And who's to say how much inner termoil was happening within the organization. Plus Terry more than most must realize that the receiver/quarterback relationship takes skill and chemistry to be truly successful. I.E. Marino&Clayton Bradshaw&Lipps so on and so forth, and seems Moss isn't setting the league on fire anymore either. Lasty, wasn't the running game last year in minny nonexistant due to drug suspension or injury? Alot of things happened for us to get DC and I for one am glad! GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LarryFinFan said:
Just because Bradshaw talked about DCs negative features, he's full of it ?? He has a right to his opinion...I said many of the same things about DC in the 1451 Brees vs. DC threads that were out there...some of the points Bradshaw was making are very valid...

Many people, including some doctors don't think he's going to be ready at the start of the season...I think it'll be closer to October before we see him on the field, and even then it'll be several weeks of 'playing into shape' for him...

His leadership skills should be questioned in light of the love boat thing. Good leaders shouldn't get involved in stuff like that. They should be skirting other players away from stuff like that... I'm not judging him or any of the other guys for the incident. Whatever happened is not my business and not for me to judge anyone on, but it does show a lack of responsibility as the designated leader of the team on his part...

He had a terrible year without RM this year. A lot of that can be blamed on the injuries to the OL they had, the lack of a deep threat and overall lack of talent at the WR position, perhaps even lack of good game planning and play calling from the OC this year, but the fact remains that he bombed this year.

All this doesn't take away from the positive things he brings...he has a quality NFL arm. He had (prior to the injury) good mobility and with his size, can evade pressure and tackles. He has proven he belongs with the top level of QBs in the league, but he had to do it again and get back to where he was.

Personally, I won't let the injury be a factor in determining whether or not this coming year was successful...If he plays, the knee will be sound enough that he can make the plays he made before for the most part, so the injury can't be used as blame for a poor year.

I'm happy that we have a genuine QB playing for us...best option we've had since Danny....He needs to come thru because it looks more and more like the D is going to be lacking some (at least in the secondary)...

Doctors get proven wrong all the time every day. The part of the eqaution that doctors leave out is the human will. They know this but scientifically and in a human sense, they cant oversell something only to be proven wrong in a bad way but they can be wrong the other way (the good way).

I would say if DC is already running on it, then he is ahead of schedule. I think Daunte knows his body and what he feels more than anyone. And as was said before, he is not a running back taking a pounding, but a guy who goes back to pass. The biggest worry i have is someone doing to DC what happened to Palmer. That is why we need to draft Nick Mangold IMO.

Maybe Terry should stick to making movies...like

Failure to Launch...

Well, ok maybe not...

Wait is there anything he is good at these days?

:confused:

PhinFan0202 said:
I don't think he said anything that was really offensive or anything like that. The guy just simply stating his opinion. To tell you the truth i'm not sold on Culpepper either but i'm optimistic that with good coaching he will be able to play well. All the things he said about Dante forcing balls into coeverage are true. Culpepper flat out looked like a rookie for most of the time that he played last year.

Well said. None of us know which Daunte we're getting. The 2004 version or the 2005? Was it all Moss or can Daunte respond with Chambers? Who knows? I think Bradshaw just stated the obvious negatives when it came to Daunte but there are positives he omitted and we'll have to see which ones are the more dominant in Daunte's game

I am all about supporting Culpepper and will. But what of what Bradshaw said was false? His best years were with Randy Moss, he did struggle last year, and his actions on the boat-even if that means being on the boat-were immature. I hope for the best but Bradshaw said nothing false or stupid.

Back
Top Bottom