Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper

Majpain said:
He is a garbage QB.He was just a average QB with the best supporting cast.Not everyone should speak of football and Bradshaw is one of them.
huh? he was grabage huh? smh=:shakeno:

BlueFin said:
Bradshaw was on a team full of hall of famers and O-lineman blown up by steroids, and his numbers and QB rating still pale compared to Culpeppers.

You did well until this...Webster was the best center ever (only because Dwight Stevenson's career was so short...) but seriously, that was a great OL and DL that drove that team..he had lots of help, no doubt...he wasn't as bad a QB as some give him credit either, but there have been others that were better...

Bradshaw has always been jealous of the Dolphins ever since the 70's when we use to beat him all over the place. He makes his disdain for the Dolphins quite obvious!!

"Here's what you get with Daunte . . . His best years were with Randy Moss," said Bradshaw. "In the past, he's had Randy just air it out. He had a horrible year last year (without Moss), forcing balls into coverage. When he felt the pressure was on his shoulders, he didn't play well."

Way to go out on a limb, Terry. He's played in, what, 6 games since the departure of Moss. Was it Harvey Martin or Ed "Too Tall" Jones that said Terry was so dumb, he couldn't spell "cat", even if you spotted him the "c" and the "t"?

I think Bradshaw is on his fourth marriage and they didn't leave him because he wouldn't go to church.

PhinFan0202 said:
I don't think he said anything that was really offensive or anything like that. The guy just simply stating his opinion. To tell you the truth i'm not sold on Culpepper either but i'm optimistic that with good coaching he will be able to play well. All the things he said about Dante forcing balls into coeverage are true. Culpepper flat out looked like a rookie for most of the time that he played last year.

He is still an idiot!!!

Larry everyone's entitled to their opinion

LarryFinFan said:
Just because Bradshaw talked about DCs negative features, he's full of it ?? He has a right to his opinion...I said many of the same things about DC in the 1451 Brees vs. DC threads that were out there...some of the points Bradshaw was making are very valid...

Many people, including some doctors don't think he's going to be ready at the start of the season...I think it'll be closer to October before we see him on the field, and even then it'll be several weeks of 'playing into shape' for him...

His leadership skills should be questioned in light of the love boat thing. Good leaders shouldn't get involved in stuff like that. They should be skirting other players away from stuff like that... I'm not judging him or any of the other guys for the incident. Whatever happened is not my business and not for me to judge anyone on, but it does show a lack of responsibility as the designated leader of the team on his part...

He had a terrible year without RM this year. A lot of that can be blamed on the injuries to the OL they had, the lack of a deep threat and overall lack of talent at the WR position, perhaps even lack of good game planning and play calling from the OC this year, but the fact remains that he bombed this year.

All this doesn't take away from the positive things he brings...he has a quality NFL arm. He had (prior to the injury) good mobility and with his size, can evade pressure and tackles. He has proven he belongs with the top level of QBs in the league, but he had to do it again and get back to where he was.

Personally, I won't let the injury be a factor in determining whether or not this coming year was successful...If he plays, the knee will be sound enough that he can make the plays he made before for the most part, so the injury can't be used as blame for a poor year.

I'm happy that we have a genuine QB playing for us...best option we've had since Danny....He needs to come thru because it looks more and more like the D is going to be lacking some (at least in the secondary)...

However when you skew them with half told facts, then it looks stupid.

Even before the famous Culpepper manifesto came out I posted inanother thread How the whole Daunte is nothing without Moss idea is garbage.

Any avid football/fantasy fooball fan knows two years ago Randy Moss was a bust because he was out 3 games and hurt for another three. That same year Daunte had one of the best years of a QB in the history of the sport.

Did Moss help Daunte, Absolutely. Is Daunte nothing without him, history says otherwise.

As far as the Boat ride goes, you can have your opinions about strippers and leadership. You can make an argument either way. I just know that up until that incident, Daunte was the face of that franchise and a staple in that community. Funny how a consenting smack on the butt makes you a teribble person.

As far as the injury goes, even if Daunte redshirts for the year and comes back full next year, he's a top five QB in the league. Can't argue stats

BlueFin said:
He makes a lot of dumb statements in this interview, Culpepper had his greatest season in the year Moss had one of his absolute worst, Moss only caught 700 of the 4700 yards he threw for in 2004.

And would someone please tell me the name of a quarterback who didn't benefit from having quality receivers?

Did Bradshaw not benefit from having Swann, Stallworth and Franco Harris?

Bradshaw was on a team full of hall of famers and O-lineman blown up by steroids, and his numbers and QB rating still pale compared to Culpeppers.

What Culpepper needed most was a good organization with top notch coaching....he has found it.

He is now with a head coach that will never allow all the undisciplined crap that went on in Minny to happen here, a head coach that will never let a punk like Moss disrupt his football team.

Good point,I don't think Mr.Bradshaw would want to compare numbers with Pep.And as for Rings Trent has one too.

Did anyone mention that Daunte also lost his coordinator last year? If you look back, most teams who have a new coordinator come in, do not prove to be wel in their first year, unless they are top notch like Scott Linehan. And now that Daunte is coming back into that offense, I think he will be great again

I just can't wait until Terry Bradshaw is eating crow for these comments about Culpepper.

Ryan1973 said:
I just can't wait until Terry Bradshaw is eating crow for these comments about Culpepper.

Terry Bradshaw eating crow? haha... by this time next year he will be telling people it was his idea for pep to come to the dolphins.:D But I agree, I cant wait for this season to start so all of the naysayers can see just how wrong they were.:dolphins:

It's just not as simple as Bradshaw lays it out but he's pretty simple-minded. I really thought he was a great QB and you have to give the man his due as a player with 4 Superbowl rings. Marino pointed out that Brees had LaDanian to hand the ball off to and within that system Brees finally flourished. It's the offensive package that Daunte is used to, he's got the excellent runningback in Ronnie Brown, he has very good recievers and the o-line, under Houck, will be even better than the second half of last year. We are not going to ask Daunte to carry the team on his shoulders. He will have plenty of help and within the framework of what the Dolphins want to accomplish on offense I see him doing a superb job. The real bottom line is the odds in Vegas went from 30-1 to 15-1 for the Fins to win the Superbowl. I'd listen to those guys, who somehow are very accurate with spreads etc. before Bradshaw. Bradshaw had Lynn Swan and John Stallworth to throw to and Franco Harris to run the rock so he knows that when you put a team around true talent the results are usually good. Marino said that Culpepper had a bazooka for an arm. That, along with the Vegas odds dropping by 50% tell me that we have upgraded the most important position by a huge amount. How can you not love it?

Terry Bradshaw is a FOX Sports NFL studio analyst who gets paid to give his opinion and entertain. What a job! Daunte is a talented quarterback and not just a great athlete playing the position (Michael Vick) He is the best option we have had since Dan Marino. I believe the coaching staff made the best decision to help the team improve a be a contender for the Superbowl. You know that FOX has to like the traffic they get on their web site by Terry voicing an opinion about AFC teams

Notice Bradshaw's interview starts with him just outright slamming Daunte,....but as you get toward the end, he leaves just enough room for him to pick the knot in the noose around his neck just in case he was wrong.

PHOTO_3JPG-1.jpg

Even though Henderson (number 56) spotted Bradshaw ( number 12) the "c" and the "t", Bradshaw still couldn't spell "cat". He did, however, throw 4 touchdowns in the game. ( See, any dummy can do it!)

Back
Top Bottom