Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever?

JackHammer

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"

Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

You have to excuse Wanny, he is dizzy from all the purse pounding his wife has give him. Fiedler stop hitting him!

Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

OMG does your entire life revolve around analyzing all of Wanny's statements...I got one for you he said, " We'll be a playoff team," but you would say OMG we haven't made the playoffs in two years the sky is falling he's peeing on me etc. You want him to say we suck and we're gonna miss the playoffs? I just think you're trying to make a big deal about nothing.

JackHammer said:
I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining...

That line is getting really old. Maybe it is just you that keeps wetting yourself.

I was surprised when Wannstedt said what he said. It's a challenge. It's an extremely high goal. You can mock it and make fun all you want. You want this team to shoot high or aim low?

I look forward to watching how this defense responds to this serious challenge. Others can look backward at past failure and wet themselves.

leave wanny alone. lets try to be more positive on this site. We do have one of the best defenses in the history of the fins if they perform up to their potential. whether or not they do will not be known until the tenesee game.

JackHammer said:

What the hell is that on my leg........is that.......it is. Hey, who pissed on my leg?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :goof:

JackHammer said:

Yep, same old same old with Wanny, you would think the whole Dolphin nation would have caught on by now, there is still a small segment of fans that buys his garbage every season and believes in him.....hard to figure....

While I agree that we are making WAAAAAAAAAAAY to big a deal out of a piece of rhetorical hyperbole at a dinner function, I do have a question. Did he say, the best Dolphin defense of ALL time or of HIS time here? I thought I had read (can't find it now) that he said the latter which is simply a challenge to his players not some flight of fancy.

What the hell is that on my leg........is that.......it is. Hey, who pissed on my leg?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

Yep, same old same old with Wanny, you would think the whole Dolphin nation would have caught on by now, there is still a small segment of fans that buys his garbage every season and believes in him.....hard to figure....

Caught on to what? By buying his garbage do you mean believing every word he says? Do you believe every player or coach you hear talk in the NFL...there are so many predictions about we're gonna be so good, our defense, our offense blah blah blah. Everyone is saying the things people want to hear, you think Wanny's going to say "Hey our defense is gonna blow this year" yeah that would go over much better. Your trying to nitpick everything the guys does, granted he's a moron but he's our moron and we're stuck with him for this year at least so at least let's support what we can't change.

Having been around Wannstedt for 10 months now, I have begun to form an opinion. I don't know enough about offensive philosophy and game-day adjustments to know if those are in fact areas that Wannstedt deserves to be criticized for.
But it's really hard not to like this guy and even to root for him. He wants to win so badly. He cares about his players and people so much. Trust me when I say he is one of the most genuine, sincere people I have ever encountered, especially among coaches.
I didn't really understand how Wayne Huizenga could talk about Wannstedt as a person when asked why he chose to retain the coach. But I sort of understand it more now.
All that said, everybody knows he'll have to follow up on his promise to win.[/I]

Atleast someone has the balls to go out on a limp for Wanny. And his right this will be the best dolphins defense ever.

JackHammer said:

In all that you do you must challenge, set goals, and push to get there. It usually start with the spoken work, then you drill it in your head, then you become what you strive for. These are the rules for success, have you never read a success driven book? If Wanny didn't say these type things, I'd be worried. To go into a season without expectation and purpose is a waste and show someone who doesn't study and become a leader. Remember Gen. C. Powell in Gulf war one. First we will attach their flanks, then we will surround them, then we will cut them off and choke them.
Spoken, drilled (war game practice), then execution. You know the results. Last year was last year. Each year brings opportunity to improve.

Ohiophinphan said:
While I agree that we are making WAAAAAAAAAAAY to big a deal out of a piece of rhetorical hyperbole at a dinner function, I do have a question. Did he say, the best Dolphin defense of ALL time or of HIS time here? I thought I had read (can't find it now) that he said the latter which is simply a challenge to his players not some flight of fancy.

He said..."This will be the Best Miami Dolphin Defense in the History of this franchise."

And he said it with authority. You can listen to it yourself at the following link...

Link to Banquet Audio (RealPlayer)

The quote is 1:46:20 into the Banquet. Wannstedts speech begins at 1:38:30

Its good to see dave getting some support from some fans,the guy deserves it.ok ok two seasons in a row missing the play-offs,you need to go back to 1986 to find a afc team with 10 wins that did not make the play-offs. going back to 2002 season the fins missed the play-offs because of a bad call on fletcher followed by a horrible punt then the dreaded kick-off out of bounds.the guy is 41-23 as the head man,thats not to shabby,took the fins to the play-offs his first two seasons,and in both play-off losses if you remember the dolphins limped into the play-offs both seasons.I do not agree with a bunch of things that dave has done,but second guessing someone is real easy to do,some draft picks work out and some dont,it happens but i do feel that he has done a good job bringing in f/a.As far as his comment on the best dolphin defense is probally true,but the fins are a few players on defense short of greatness(gildon)?

I was very impressed with Dave's speech last night. He was very vocal IMO, and he sounds very determined to get this team deep in 2004. It didn't really come off as his usual smoke either. He was speaking like a coach for a change.... :D

I also agree with him. I seriously believe this will be the best Phinz defense ever, in franchise history. It's certainly got all the parts to make a legendary defense, and with the additions we made in the off-season, along with added commitment, there is no denying that this could be the best defense we've ever had in Miami...

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

Back
Top Bottom