Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever?

Zacher87 said:
With the collection of talent on this squad, those results are simply not good enough. I'm a firm believer the Dolphins are capable of going deep into the playoffs, but with the amount of cap room being spent on this defense, they should consistently be top 3 in the NFL. People have said if Bill Belichek was combined with our talent, that defense would be the best of all-time. We've always had one of the most simple defenses in the league. Hopefully this year we'll have some big-time results.
Oh my... people have said? Hold the press!

Surely their inconsistency can be explained by coaching. Also their wearing down late in the season. And let's not forget the fact they tend to slow down whenever a key player is down... yes, it's coaching. Belichick (sp?) would be immune to that. Yup, he would. Just look at 2001... or his Browns seasons...

He's still undefeated, right? What's that, 200-0? My God, the might...

Yes, we are the most-talented, most-underused defense of all time. Yup. Right. Oh, and of course, being consistently in the top 5-10 in the league is just unnaceptable. Damn you, Wannstedt. Damn you and all your minnions...

And just in case you didn't detect the toxic levels of sarcasm in this post...

a) Our talent is good. Sometimes, great. Not the greatest ever.
b) Belichick is a good coach. Sometimes, great. Not the greatest ever.

MDFINFAN said:
In all that you do you must challenge, set goals, and push to get there. It usually start with the spoken work, then you drill it in your head, then you become what you strive for. These are the rules for success, have you never read a success driven book? If Wanny didn't say these type things, I'd be worried. To go into a season without expectation and purpose is a waste and show someone who doesn't study and become a leader. Remember Gen. C. Powell in Gulf war one. First we will attach their flanks, then we will surround them, then we will cut them off and choke them.
Spoken, drilled (war game practice), then execution. You know the results. Last year was last year. Each year brings opportunity to improve.

OWNED!!

daywalker said:
If this doesn't prove to everyone that our head coach belongs in the looney bin instead of on the sidelines, nothing will. How many more of these statements will it take before they put him in the straightjacket? Please God, tell me he won't be with the team next year! :yell:

Man, you're a real motivator. I'm glad you're not in charge of firing up the troops. You'd make a great French general. :roflmao: :jk:

Our D the greatest D ever?

Wanny made yet another prediction but this time he said our D is the greatest in this team's history and maybe the whole NFL's history. My question to everyone is do you think that our D is going to be the greatest D ever? I think we all know that they have the talent to be so.

I think the talent is certainly there, but the offense needs to produce more to keep the D off of the field. No D can be the best if it has no O to complement it.

Dave: I'd like to think we could be the greatest defense ever but that's a pretty lofty goal. If we could just be like one of maybe the top 50 or so...that would be nice...I don't want to shoot to high or make myself look like a looney so, I won't put big expectations on this team, these poor guys have enough pressure. If they can come up with just enough defense to get us to a 10-6 or a 9-7 record, you can't complain about that....Our first goal is to win the division, if we happen to play great defense along the way..Lucky me!....

We're just going to go out and have fun and let the chips fall where they may. from the standpoint of having the best defense ever, that would be a great help to us but , these guys we have here may not be capable of doing that so, we're going to settle for whatever we can get and when the day is over I'm going to pat each guy on the butt and tell them they are appreciated and that I know they tried their best. And I believe that the rest of the coaching staff and I are all on the same page."

There, how's that?

:shakeno:

Are these the same Wanny haters...

...who say the guy can't motivate anything beyond irritable bowel syndrome. The guy's doing his job, motivating his squad - call for a straight jacket that's out of left field.

Muck, the world you live in is a just a sugar coated topping. The is another world that lies beneath, the real world. If you don't wake up, you might miss it. :evil:

daywalker said:
Muck, the world you live in is a just a sugar coated topping. The is another world that lies beneath, the real world. If you don't wake up, you might miss it. :evil:

You've still failed to explain how Wanny's comment demonstrates that he should be committed to an insane asylum or placed in a straitjacket.

When you look at the quality of players we have on D (7 pro bowlers), and their experience playing together, perhaps it is you who is out of touch with reality to believe that Wanny's comment is so outrageous as to indicate he's crazy.

I think the key point is,he said it "could" be the best. I mean anything is possible. I just feel like i am going to go flat out nutz sometimes this offseason. The team is surrounded by a pack of P/C and negative reporters. It is like someone said it is time to openseason on the Dolphins.Well i for one am tired of it. You have to take the bad with the good. What earthly good is it to sit here and pick apart every little sound bite, every missed pass in practice, and every player we did not sign. I look at it this way. People in Dolphin land wanted change. Well you got it. I mean a whole new O-line. Now that is not enough because they might not be good. A new Qb, but that is not good because we do not know what he is capable of and the press is not on his jock. New coaches, but who knows if they will be allowed to actually coach? In some people's opinion. A new GM,yes but he is not some media darling and has not had even a season played to show if his pickups will impact the team. A new coach......Buzzzzzzz, wrong answer. Wanny is still here so it does not matter what you want. Untill he is gone some will be happy to do nothing butt bash him. I for one do not like him as a coach, but that is not for me to decide. It is time to move on and get back on the right track. If this team is to do well this year. It is gonna need a good leader. If Wanny can pull this off he has nothing to prove to me. So here it goes,"GIVE THIS YEARS TEAM A CHANCE!" That should be the slogan. Give them a chance to be coached in games. Give the O-line a chance to block. Give the defense a chance to tackle and make plays. Give the ST a chance to improve. Even, give Wanny a chance to be just the H/C! Give the new players Rick brought in a chance to have an impact. When all is said and done that is all we as "Fans,"can do. You can give them a chance or gripe about what they might not do. I for one am tired of people who want to cry about what might happen and have no idea of what is going to happen! There is always room for construtive critics. However the crying and complaining has gotten so far out of hand that some in our fan base would raise a white flag and surrender the season before the first game is even played. I will tell you this much i will not do that! I am not a fan of some team that does not have a shot at winning the superbowl and is year in and year out a bad football team. "I AM A MIAMI DOLPHIN FAN!" I have pride and confidence in my team. I love them and am not ashamed to say it. I will wear my Fins gear into any stadium and stay there even if we lose. Allot of people have questioned the heart and the manahood of this team! Maybe it is is not the team that lacks the guts! Maybe it is the fans who are questioning everything that do not have to balls to stand up and belive in the very team they support!

Muck said:
Man, you're a real motivator. I'm glad you're not in charge of firing up the troops. You'd make a great French general. :roflmao: :jk:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :french: :roflmao:

csabe said:
He really is losing his touch with reality. He needs to keep his mouth shut for real & coach!

:shakeno:

How can fans get on Wanny's *** for trying to fire up our defense??? I thought all of you agreed that Wanny didn't motivate our defense enough for it to be great. Now that he has set a challenge for this defense it is a bad idea. Some of these fans I really don't get. It's like you'd rather see the fins lose so you can blast Wanny. Our team was 10-6 last year, not 6-10. The team has made some good moves in the off season and hopefully this inspires our laxidazical defense. I expect our offense will be better and if our defense gets fired up than maybe we can go deep. Some teams would be glad to have a team that constantly has a chance to win it all. The Bengals almost threw a parade for 8-8. Fans shouldn't blast every move Wanny makes because they don't like him. He has one of the better records out of the coaches in the league and you're acting like he is the worst coach in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom