Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever?

Kistner10 said:
He has one of the better records out of the coaches in the league and you're acting like he is the worst coach in the NFL.

Amazing, ain't it? These guys would have rather had us enter, to borrow a phrase from KB, "the Jim Mora Jr. / Mike Mularkey sweepstakes", rather than retain a coach who had averaged 10 wins each season. Unreal. Let them get their wish and see how smart they look then.

Yeah, I guess Tampa Bay who had a winning coach with Tony Dungy are real sad that they fired him after he went 9-7 and made the playoffs to hire a coach that subsequently won a Super Bowl. I guess the Detroit Pistons can fire a coach that won the coach of the year and over 55 games in 2002 because they actually wanted to make the Finals. Wanny blows, get used to it.

The difference is Tamp was able to hire John Gruden - a rising star at that time in anyone's book. Who comparable was available for us?

I guess everyone missed my post in line 3 or just did not want to talk about it?

Finsflurry said:
Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

OMG does your entire life revolve around analyzing all of Wanny's statements...I got one for you he said, " We'll be a playoff team," but you would say OMG we haven't made the playoffs in two years the sky is falling he's peeing on me etc. You want him to say we suck and we're gonna miss the playoffs? I just think you're trying to make a big deal about nothing.

I agree Flurry!

Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

Better hearing that we will be great then that we will suck. It seems that you would rather be pissed on then pissed off. You seem to love it when Wanny makes these statements. He's using positive reinforcement, which in time might catch on and may be believable. I'm glad hes making these statements, you seem to think that the team can't back up these statements but for 66% of the teams salary invested into the defense I have full confidence in them.

MDFINFAN said:
In all that you do you must challenge, set goals, and push to get there. It usually start with the spoken work, then you drill it in your head, then you become what you strive for. These are the rules for success, have you never read a success driven book? If Wanny didn't say these type things, I'd be worried. To go into a season without expectation and purpose is a waste and show someone who doesn't study and become a leader. Remember Gen. C. Powell in Gulf war one. First we will attach their flanks, then we will surround them, then we will cut them off and choke them.
Spoken, drilled (war game practice), then execution. You know the results. Last year was last year. Each year brings opportunity to improve.

Damn MD! I'm getting emotional over here! Put me in coach I'll f@ck somebody up!

I am emphatically predicting this could have been one of the greatest defenses ever.............................if we had a different head coach. And for you guys that say "jeez you guys should just support the coach" that's the same sentiment that alot of people have for their leaders no matter what bull is being fed to them.

Agua said:
The difference is Tamp was able to hire John Gruden - a rising star at that time in anyone's book. Who comparable was available for us?

Bill Parcells. Thank you

So Bill Parcels is the only coach that would satisfy you? Thank you. Might as well become a cowboy fan for another year or two then, till he quits again.

Back
Top Bottom