Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:"The greatest defense in Dolphins history"/Our D greatest ever?

If this doesn't prove to everyone that our head coach belongs in the looney bin instead of on the sidelines, nothing will. How many more of these statements will it take before they put him in the straightjacket? Please God, tell me he won't be with the team next year! :yell:

daywalker said:
If this doesn't prove to everyone that our head coach belongs in the looney bin instead of on the sidelines, nothing will. How many more of these statements will it take before they put him in the straightjacket?

Oh really? Please explain for our benefit why the statement that the defense for the upcoming season will be the greatest defense in franchise history is so outlandish as to justify placing Wanny in a loony bin or in a straightjacket?

There is definitely the talent there and they've played well toghther for years. So, please explain why, other than your general hatred for Wanny, his statement is so outlandish as a challenge for a talented group of experienced players?

The Dolphins have a great defense but they just need to be more consistent. Maybe an improved offense will keep them off the field more and help.

Yea

u guys are suffering from boredom.... overanalyzing everything on this board... what wanny sed should be taken wit a grain of salt... this defense, like the rest of our team... will always be associated with the word potential, until they completely back it up on the field...

Last year, Wanny said we were going to open up the offense. Did it happen? No. Why? Because we don't have anyone who can get the ball down the field? Whose fault is this? Wanny. More lies spewed from a man in la-la land. :yell:

Maybe your the only one who doesn't believe. Why dont you just go hop on the Ravens or the Eagles bandwaggon before its too late

JackHammer said:
Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

daywalker said:
Last year, Wanny said we were going to open up the offense. Did it happen? No. Why? Because we don't have anyone who can get the ball down the field? Whose fault is this? Wanny. More lies spewed from a man in la-la land. :yell:

Nice. And assuming that the statement you attribute to Wanny was actually made, which I am far from certain is actually the case, that relates to the task requested of you in my previous post, in what way?

JackHammer said:
Did Wanny really say that? I keep telling you guys he is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

By the way, did the Dolphins lead the league in rushing in the second half last year according to Wanny?

I will check this one out... Give me a few days.... ;)

dave wanstadt,a good coach.

JackHammer said:

he is the leader of this team,we need to give him our support.

JackHammer said:

"Players said Thursday that they will back up the claim."

Without question, the Dolphins' defenses under Dave Wannstedt and coordinator Jim Bates have been outstanding. In the past four seasons, the Dolphins have ranked 6th, 5th, 3rd and 10th in the NFL in total defense.

Last season, the Dolphins' defense allowed only 16.3 points per game, third in the NFL. They led the league in opponent rushing yards per attempt. And they became the first team since 2001 to last the entire season without allowing a 100-yard rusher."

Article - Defense out to back up Wannstedt's 'best' boast
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...tions/friday/sports_04fb5d217231c061006f.html

Seems to me he's more right than you are. It also seems to me Wanny has the troops on Defense fired up to prove something regarding just how good they can be.

daywalker said:

Short sighted. Uninformed. Finger pointing.

DOLFANMIKE said:
"Players said Thursday that they will back up the claim."

Without question, the Dolphins' defenses under Dave Wannstedt and coordinator Jim Bates have been outstanding. In the past four seasons, the Dolphins have ranked 6th, 5th, 3rd and 10th in the NFL in total defense.

Last season, the Dolphins' defense allowed only 16.3 points per game, third in the NFL. They led the league in opponent rushing yards per attempt. And they became the first team since 2001 to last the entire season without allowing a 100-yard rusher."

Seems to me he's more right than you are. It also seems to me Wanny has the troops on Defense fired up to prove something regarding just how good they can be.
With the collection of talent on this squad, those results are simply not good enough. I'm a firm believer the Dolphins are capable of going deep into the playoffs, but with the amount of cap room being spent on this defense, they should consistently be top 3 in the NFL. People have said if Bill Belichek was combined with our talent, that defense would be the best of all-time. We've always had one of the most simple defenses in the league. Hopefully this year we'll have some big-time results.

He really is losing his touch with reality. He needs to keep his mouth shut for real & coach!

Back
Top Bottom