Merged: The Official Andre Goodman Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Andre Goodman Thread

goody about to sign now

rotoworld said goodman about to sign before midnight

lol.... he might be west coast.... use the rotoworld clock man

we can stil sign him though, but during FA period is the only way now... gotta beat out the other teams (not worth it probably if high offers out there)

i have a clock and who are you my speed teacher with a stop watch
who cares i gave you information you didnt know , grow up

Any updates on Andre Goodman?

I read somewhere that there was a last second push to sign him, but haven't heard a thing since

I didn't know Andre Goodman had five picks last year.

Maybe we should resign him after all. He did make some plays. The only one I remembered was the fifty five yard INT against KC. I forgot it was him that picked Favre off twice to seal our AFC East Championship.

and the deep one at stl at the end of the game.
and his best pick was at ariz this year
i guess all his picks were on the road hmmm interesting

i hope he comes back too. hes going to take offers though, so we'll see what happens. as a cover corner, hes pretty good. would definitely be helped out by an ILB who could assist on crossing patterns, and a competent FS (which we just signed today). clearly CB is one of our biggest need positions as of now, so expect something to happen. He'd be great as our Nickel back if we can get him cheap. dont forget his only 1 year removed from being a terrible CB. actually more like half a season.

U gotta remember, Goody is gonna be 31 when the season starts and Jason Allen will be 26 and is still under contract for 3 more seasons at a reasonable rate. He has spent, for the first time in his career, his entire tenure at CB. Sparano talked about him being "ideal" as a man cover/bump and run CB . . . but that he needed the consistency at one position. He may have elevated him too quick against New England . . . and slowed him down the rest of the season after the hand injury.

Jason Allen looked comfortable in man situation . . . lord knows he is the most athletically gifted DB we have . . . and with us going with 2 SS hybrid guys with Bell and Wilson . . . we need athletic CB's on the outside who can match up in man.

Jason struggled in the slot . . . Gaffney was killing him against New England . . . and that help exploit him against Moss . . . because Goody has the tendency to also struggle in the slot . . . both are man cover guys who are better served on the outside on an island. To me, we keep Will Allen as the #1 guy . . . u have Jason Allen to replace Andre Goodman . . . . and u either sign a younger option "Leigh Bodden" . . . or u draft CB early "DJ Moore" or "Alphonso Smith" or the guy who is starting to emerge "Sean Smith" . . . who has the measurables u would like on the outside.

I would love to have a CB lineup of Will Allen, Jason Allen, Leigh Bodden and Sean Smith (Will obviously starts . . . then a comp for the opposite CB between these 3). . . with the 5th DB being Nate Jones, for his special teams play and solid depth. U have 3 clear man cover guys with Jason, Bodden and Sean . . . and a veteran all around CB in Will Allen. I like Goody, I just don't know if we resign him . . . we rolled the dice on Bell with his age and injury history . . . but Bell was a HUGE part of this D last season . . . Goody was important also, but he wasn't important as Yeremiah and can be replaced.

Guess we will see. I really think it will be Leigh Bodden comming in . . and should be had cheaper being he was cut from the Lions . . . and hasn't really generated much interest, or he would have been signed already.

I don't know if you can count the two against Favre. His vision was dimming in his old age and he couldn't see the difference between green and aqua... :rimshot:

But I like goodie and wouldn't mind seeing him back.

I'm a fan of Tyrone Culver in the secondary. Not the best player, but a tireless worker.

I hope we get someone like Bodden or Bartell in FA though.

Goodman wouldn't be bad if he came back at a reasonable price.

Goodman was our best CB last season and thats not because Will Allen played poorly, its just Goodman had one hell of a season and is excellent in man coverage. One game that stood out for me was the Denver game where he dominated Brandon Marshall. Marshall was never allowed a clear catch and Goody never gave him an inch.

Would be sad to see Goodman go after such a good season but if the Front Office have other plans then he will be somewhere else next season.

Goodman was also 6th in the NFL with 24 passes defensed. And he was also our best CB in 2006. He's a good player.

Back
Top Bottom