Merged: The Official Andre Goodman Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Andre Goodman Thread

Opinion - Goodman resigning bad news.

Am I the only one that thinks resigning Goodman wouldn't be the best piece of business? I know he improved dramatically over the last half of the season (approaching the end of his deal) but he absolutely stunk it up at times over the first six games.

He's not a spring chicken and now with our safety stuation...safe, we have a great chance to upgrade at CB with Bodden or McFadden or go in a different direction through the draft.

Fair enough if they've evaluated the market to offer no upgrade, we should wait til next year but giving Goody a raise and multi year deal might bite us in the ***. And might make us susceptible in the air.... AGAIN.

I'd much rather see younger, fresher legs opposite Will Allen in his contract year than a contract secured Goody. Am I the only one?

well i disagree with you.

i would rather bring back the man that i lvoed watching last year step it up, making huge plays at huge times... racked up many pass deflections and great plays.... shutting down and containing top names at WR throughout the season.

i dont think the money he was looking for is what i would pay for him, but hopefully he can come down on that like the other guys and realise how great it was in miami!!!

why i want him back is, obviously #1 we do need a CB.... then basically because he was in the system and knows it well, he has played with basically the same secondary here, as well as defense that is in place (for the most part)... he is liked by the team and coaches, and did a great job out there!!! Pasqualoni used him well... gotta love that.... I do want him back!!!

well i disagree with you.

i would rather bring back the man that i lvoed watching last year step it up, making huge plays at huge times... racked up many pass deflections and great plays.... shutting down and containing top names at WR throughout the season.

i dont think the money he was looking for is what i would pay for him, but hopefully he can come down on that like the other guys and realise how great it was in miami!!!

why i want him back is, obviously #1 we do need a CB.... then basically because he was in the system and knows it well, he has played with basically the same secondary here, as well as defense that is in place (for the most part)... he is liked by the team and coaches, and did a great job out there!!! Pasqualoni used him well... gotta love that.... I do want him back!!!

I can't disagree with that. I'm not bitching on the guy or anything. He did a nice job second half of last year. I'm just not sure if the guy can play 18-19 games at that level, which we need both cornerbacks to do to win a championship.

McFadden's done it. I think Bodden can do it. I'm not so sure on Goody.

I just think we've been a bit sentimental with the re-signings so far and giving Goodman what he wants would definitely stink of sentimentality. I wanted Carey back and don't mind Channing back but they both flattered to deceive last year and it's debatable they were worth the money they were seaking / got.

At some point you have to be a bit cut throat and make the decision if a guy isn't good enough. Our team is becoming to look seriously damn pretty on paper but I can see Goody being a weak spot.

I can't disagree with that. I'm not bitching on the guy or anything. He did a nice job second half of last year. I'm just not sure if the guy can play 18-19 games at that level, which we need both cornerbacks to do to win a championship.

I just think we've been a bit sentimental with the re-signings so far and giving Goodman what he wants would definitely stink of sentimentality. I wanted Carey back and don't mind Channing back but they both flattered to deceive last year and it's debatable they were worth the money they were seaking / got.

At some point you have to be a bit cut throat and make the decision if a guy isn't good enough. Our team is becoming to look seriously damn pretty on paper but I can see Goody being a weak spot.

He's our best corner and very good one on one with the receiver. Letting Goodman go would be very foulish im my opinion because why bother over-spending on a free agent when you can just draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round. That would mean you have two starters in Allen and Goodman & then have the rookie to come in and play nickle situations.

Just because Goodman is'nt a glamour player or a big name CB does'nt mean he is'nt a good CB. You will not find a better CB in free agency at the moment. Yeah he might be 31 but give him a three year contract and then start drafting young players to eventually replace him.

McFadden is going to be way too expensive.... Bodden i dont mind getting. he is a solid man-to-man guy, and a GREAT special teamer. but he is also a guy who can lapse.

Goodman, if he goes down on his price with us, would be great tohave back for a CB standpoint we need as well as keeping the team together. we then can draft youth to develop under him, and even challenge him (maybe) for a spot. Goodman was definitely our #1 CB last year, used well under Coach P... i dont see how he would become a "weak spot"

he made huge plays, and even when the ball was caught he was basically all over the tackles right away. i loved his game, and even in the blitz packages. i pretty sure he can work hard core off season and with the staff and squad and come back and have a great 2009!!! he led the team in pass deflections by a bunch i beleive!!!

Goodman to visit Broncos.

While some of his teammates landed nice contracts in the days leading up to free agency, cornerback Andre Goodman watched and waited.

But nothing happened, even though Goodman seemed to be a logical piece to the Dolphins’ plans, especially given the team’s lack of quality cornerbacks.

Goodman, who had career- and team-highs in interceptions (five) and passes defensed (19) in 2008, was the team’s best cornerback during the season’s second half. But two months after a two-interception performance at the Jets, Goodman finds himself on the free-agent market.

Goodman will begin his search for work on Saturday with a visit to the Denver Broncos, an NFL source said.

Goodman will be 31 in August and has a history of injury, including three shoulder surgeries in an eight-month period in 2007. He also is a tough, aggressive cornerback who struggled early in the season but emerged as a force during the Dolphins’ playoff run.

Few players seemed to enjoy that run more than Goodman, who had not played for a winning team, much less a playoff team, in six previous seasons.

Goodman, who came to Miami from Detroit in 2006, lives in South Florida with his wife and three kids. He’d no doubt like to remain with the Dolphins.

But Goodman also needs to go where he can get the most long-term security.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/dolphins/index.html

denver is pretty busy during free agent

Id like to see Goody get resigned too. But I didnt know he was turning 31. Youth would be better at this position.

Goody is a good guy I wish him the best contract he can get whether it be with the Dolphins or Denver or any other team except the Jets, Bills, Patriots, and Colts!!

Thanks for the great second half of the season that helped us get to 11-5 and into the playoffs.
Still holding onto that grudge from the old AFC east Colts days huh? Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Hmm. Denver already signed R. Hill and Goodman is now a possiblilty. Guess they liked what they saw when we gave Cutler fits last season when he threw 3 INTs. But, those INTs were to J. Allen, Culver, and W. Allen.

I am fine with Hill. But, I think Goody really came on strong mid-end of last season. I think the trifecta will address CB in the draft, as at 31 Goody is prolly not in their plans. Plus he is looking to get paid and he deserves it after last season.

Back
Top Bottom