Merged: The Official Bart Scott Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Bart Scott Thread

boy that is going to be some LB corps.

WOLB - Gholston
WILL - Scott
MIKE - Lewis
SAM - Pace

Jenkins at the NT . . . and Rhodes/Revis in the back . . . . scary defense.

You left out the Jets best linebacker there Dawg, David Harris.

Personally I would not start Lewis over Harris even if Lewis did arrive.

Bart Scott to the Jets

Bart Scott-LB-RavensFeb. 27 - 9:24 am et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
The National Football Post reports that inside linebacker Bart Scott has agreed to terms with the Jets on a multi-year contract.
Adam Schefter says the deal is expected to be signed later Friday for roughly $8 million a year. Scott, like new teammate Calvin Pace, is highly versatile and intelligent. The Jets have the makings of a great linebacker group, and Rex Ryan will know how to maximize Scott's talent after coaching him for years in Baltimore. This signing makes a lot more sense for New York than getting the downside of Ray Lewis' career. Baltimore has to be deeply disappointed, but they seem likely to increase their efforts to sign Lewis now.
Source: National Football Post
Related: Ray Lewis, Ravens

not a bad signing, now we'll see how Scott does without everyone else on that Defense.

I like seeing Baltimore being weakened with the loss of Scott, and the impending loss of Brown. As for Scott to the Jets, it doesn't matter when you don't have a QB.

boy that is going to be some LB corps.

WOLB - Gholston
WILL - Scott
MIKE - Lewis
SAM - Pace

Jenkins at the NT . . . and Rhodes/Revis in the back . . . . scary defense.

Except that Lewis isnt a Jet and Gholston hasn't proven anything yet.

not a bad signing, now we'll see how Scott does without everyone else on that Defense.

Good point man...without players who resemble Lewis, Suggs, Nagta(sp), Reed, Price to name a few....now he is the man lets see if he can handle it

How does Scott help the Jets at QB? Last I recalled we got their best one. Now they may lose their best WR and one of the best FB's in the game. I'm not sacred of the Jets and never have been. remember the sky was falling around here last year when they beat us out of Faneca and Pace. How did that work out.? Rookie coach+First time starter or maybe Boller at QB+ the Jets naturally sucking= same old Jets.:lol:

Good point man...without players who resemble Lewis, Suggs, Nagta(sp), Reed, Price to name a few....now he is the man lets see if he can handle it

Rhodes is a hell of a safety, and Jenkins is a solid NT(but he wears down easily, especially towards the end of the year)

Their D wont be that bad, it wont be sick either, IMO.

Here come all the Bart Scott sucks comments!!

I was luke warm on Scott and really wanted Jason Brown. So I watched the playoff game against Baltimore....and I started wondering why I wanted J.Brown so much (I guess I just bought into the media hype) I had never watched him for an entire game. He was fine, but nothing special. Nothing worth the Faneca type money that he reportedly wants.

Scott though, played very well. He is physical and aggressive and was in the middle of everything. Jets got a good player. And yes, they overpaid.....but everyone gets overpaid in FA.

Scott wil definately help the Jets defense, but Im nolt sure how much impact he is going to have for them.

maybe a diffrent team is what he needed to to not be good anymore.

Here come all the Bart Scott sucks comments!!

I was luke warm on Scott and really wanted Jason Brown. So I watched the playoff game against Baltimore....and I started wondering why I wanted J.Brown so much (I guess I just bought into the media hype) I had never watched him for an entire game. He was fine, but nothing special. Nothing worth the Faneca type money that he reportedly wants.

Scott though, played very well. He is physical and aggressive and was in the middle of everything. Jets got a good player. And yes, they overpaid.....but everyone gets overpaid in FA.

realtalk!

Back
Top Bottom