Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

I really hope Bess makes the final roster. He can be our slot receiver kind of like how Wes Welker was. He was Colts Brennan's go to man at Hawaii but dropped off draft boards with his poor 40 time.

i look forward to seeing him compete, might spell the end for poor camarillo though

yep, not too impressed by the reel... i want to like him more but lots of money balls.

Hopefully we'll find a nice postdraft cut or make a wr deal with jt in it.

I like this signing, and I think he'll turn out to be a good slot guy for us.

Next year I think is the year we go after the WRs and DBs.

Glad to hear that. Was hoping the fins would pick him up. saw him in a few games last year.

yes!!! this guy is a stud!! not a real fast straight line runner but very shifty and can stop and change directions on a dime!

The things I like about this guy are that he's shiftier than Welker and he has the athletic ability to go up and get the ball.

I like this pickup. We may have found our new Wes Welker

they said that about PRO BOWL QB TONY ROMO ,he was a long shot to make the team
TONY ROMO WAS UNDRAFTED a NOBODY,PARCELLS SIGNED HIM .
DAVONE BESS is not a nobody, he was invited to the combine and had real good stats.
I heard this same story few years back about how wes welker would fight for a spot on the team, wes welker was the #1 reception leader in the nfl this year, hes to small to slow etc,,,
are you doubting parcells choice like they doubted Tony Romo
Dolphins vice president in charge of football operations Bill Parcells and general manager Jeff Ireland certainly hold no prejudices when it comes to the former Division I-AA -- they found 2002 Payton Award winner Tony Romo and brought him to Dallas as an undrafted free agent.

DAVONE BESS is not a nobody, he was invited to the combine and had real good stats.
I heard this same story few years back about how wes welker would fight for a spot on the team, wes welker was the #1 reception leader in the nfl this year, hes to small to slow etc,,,

I'm not doubting Bill Parcells. I hope he does make the team. However, all undrafted free agents are long shots to make any team. The expectation is they wont make the team!

You guys are already hyping this guy. He hasn't provved anything yet until he does I have no expectations from him!

He's 5'11???? I swear watching him I thought he was like 5'9.

he will amount to nothing..maybe if he make the team he can be a practice squad players...

Parcells didn't sign Romo, in fact he didn't want him at all nor did he ever want to give him a chance. It was one of his lower coaches (can't think of the guy's name atm) who found Romo, brought him in, lobbied for Romo (against Parcells) and continually pushed for Romo to get his shot. Parcells did everything he could to find a different bigger QB, but none of them could match Romo's performances. Romo succeeded in spite of Bill Parcells, not because of him.

If you feel strongly enough to type in ALL CAPS and in BOLDED ALL CAPS then please research your point before doing so. Parcells deserves zero credit for discovering Romo. At best, Parcells helped his development.

Back
Top Bottom