Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

I just don't realize how this kid didn't get picked up??? His highlights looks great, he seems like he could be the next Wes...

I also got excited when Yatil Green came to camp, the ability of these UFA's to stay healthy will be a big factor as well.

We don't have a lot of depth at WR so I think he has a good shot at making the team....he can also run back kicks. :)

I'm not that big a Bess fan. Hearing some of you pencil him in as the next Welker is a little weird. Welker was a rare player. Bess is small and slow. I always took watching Hawaii games with a grain of salt. Terrible competition and a pass crazy offense doesn't really give the best representation of NFL success.

Bess isn't fast when he's running in a straight line such as in a 40 yard dash. But he is able to make quick cuts to find the open holes in defenses. I don't think Welker had a very fast 40 time either (not 100% sure). Welker is just very quick and landed with the right team to fit his abilities.

As for the 5'9'ish receivers to whom you are referring--Mark Clayton and Mark Duper I presume--they were extremely small targets. It just so happened that we had a phenomenally accurate passer in Dan Marino who had no difficulty hitting those small windows. There's no way Henne can do that consistently as his accuracy isn't up to snuff. Beck might be able to do it, but he'll require good pass protection to pull out the slide rule and line it up, lol.

This weekend's mini-camp will probably feature a lot of Henne to Bess.

he wasnt drafted cause he gave a kid a ride who had a stolen good ( radio or something years ago) he was never convicted of any crime.
and also he was small non popular school and he was shifted around from schools,
ive done my study , all that matters is his TALENT, and its for real!

DMac was fighting and has "character concerns" and was drafted 4th over all and if we needed a RB would have been First over all...so whats your point...he wasnt drafted because he will become practice squad fodder

In that video, one of the many things I liked to see, was that his height didnt limit him as he understands about attacking the ball at its highest point in many situation to make sure he is the 1st to touch it.

A receiver that attacks the ball and plays taller than his actual height is a great asset and hard to teach....plus....from a tackling standpoint, he automatically cushions his body when he is hit in the air and therefore moves with the blow, vs. being stationary on the ground and getting pounded.

I think he wasn't drafted because most people think the Hawaii system is a gimmick.....that's why Colt Brennan almost didn't get drafted either. Most of these guys are in bed sleeping when Hawaii plays it's games.

I think he wasn't drafted because most people think the Hawaii system is a gimmick.....that's why Colt Brennan almost didn't get drafted either. Most of these guys are in bed sleeping when Hawaii plays it's games.

ok Roman are we blaming Hawaii too? Just a question I do respect your opinion...if he was from OSU...no if he was from the U.....or maybe even somewhere smaller like Michigan State...he would have played??? or in this circumstance drafted?

Back
Top Bottom