MERGED: The Official MIAMI-FSU Game Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official MIAMI-FSU Game Thread

ckparrothead said:
Kyle Wright is a pretty durn good QB. He had some jitters at the beginning but they were the explainable, TYPICAL type of quarterback jitters. What you noticed was that he was jumpy in his throwing technique and not following through on his passes (partly because of pressure) which every QB coach will tell you leads to HIGH passes. I would say his first 4 throws were all like that. That led to one of the interceptions. The other pick was just him showing inexperience trying to fit a ball in on crossing coverage and not expecting the linebacker to make the play he did (all the credit in the world to Sims, he made an awesome play).

This kid will be good. Runs a 4.58 in the 40? He's definitely got some running to his game, and when he bulks up he will be a good pro candidate.

I saw him zip a ball up the middle of the field with a full wind-up and follow-thru that had velocity on it that I can't remember seeing a whole lot of PROFESSIONAL quarterbacks get on their throws. I thought I saw the ghost of Marino, or at least Byron Leftwich.
are you kidding? look at his mechanics. they're terrible. a "full wind-up" is not something you want in a QB. he's making bad decisions. his long balls have all been very very close to being picked off, or they were just underthrown. when he has completed a pass, the guy was wide open, AND they had to make a good play for the ball. he's got great size and speed, but he looks horrible as a passer

He has to learn to get rid of the ball & not take the sack.

I saw him zip a ball up the middle of the field with a full wind-up and follow-thru that had velocity on it that I can't remember seeing a whole lot of PROFESSIONAL quarterbacks get on their throws. I thought I saw the ghost of Marino, or at least Byron Leftwich.

He has one of the strongest arms in college football. Hopefully he'll come to utilize that attribute.

Holy crap this guy is going to be AWESOME. You see the jets that Kyle Wright has in him???

This just shows the old addage is true...when you've got two quarterbacks, you've really got no quarterbacks.

USUALLY true. Not many times you'll find where you've actually got two quality QBs and that's why they look similar.

LOL. Weatherford just showed he actually is capable of completing a semi-difficult pass...but that just means he's better than a pee wee football player.

This just shows the old addage is true...when you've got two quarterbacks, you've really got no quarterbacks.

Well the Seminoles have no quarterbacks to begin with so this old addage doesn't apply.

why in the world is weatherford in the game? i've honestly never seen a QB make such errant passes before...even division AA schools have QBs who can hit their target

Yeah but they were saying that the QB competition lasted all the way until August. I'm sure the coaches were giving all kinds of crap to the media about how they've got two QBs etc.

this is completely embarassing. if they lose to this pathetic FSU team i'll ****ing vomit

I'm a little worried about Kyle's inability to throw it when pressured. Not this last sack, but the one before it he definitely should have gotten the ball off. If he doesn't beat them on those things, FSU is just going to blitz blitz blitz, and Miami needs to remember that they are still LOSING this game.

And Xavier Lee comes in with a QB style completely different from what the Miami D is use to and they could get victimized a little...

Miami has had this game in the bag for a while now despite the scoreboard, they need to stuff the damn thing in there instead of taking their time with it.

Back
Top Bottom