Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

It's very obvious that Culpepper is not their guy otherwise they wouldn't continue to pursue Trent Green.

Daunte is done in Miami!

It would make more sense to let them compete as both have ? marks.

If Cam/Mueller want Green so bad why not just give the 4th rounder? If he helps us reach the playoffs, isn't he worth it?

Just because you want someone bad doesn't mean you automatically give in to their demands. you have to bargain. My point is are we willing to hold still like KC and wait until he gets cut, or do we want him sooner.

With the new offer of a 6th with a conditional 5th. Is it only a matter of time before that becomes a 5th or perhaps a 5th that turns into a conditional 4th.

It just seems that if we were not going to budge then why do we keep giving a better offer. I personally think we'll eventually either get to a 5th or conditional 4th.

Steiner said Green's $7.2 million salary would not become guaranteed until the Chiefs cut down to their 53-man roster the weekend before the regular-season opener.
Could the Chiefs actually hold onto Green until then?
''It could go to that point,'' Steiner said. ``I wish I had that crystal ball.''

Link http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/125179.html

Just because you want someone bad doesn't mean you automatically give in to their demands. you have to bargain. My point is are we willing to hold still like KC and wait until he gets cut, or do we want him sooner.

I understand the bargaining. But this has been going on since Feb. I think everyday that Green is on our team is important. Look at how many months he could have been here already getting established. I just think that if he is gonna be our starting QB, which is such an important spot, we should give in a little and get him here as soon as possible. It's not like they are asking for a day one pick.

Lets face it, if we really wanted Green, the trade would have been completed a long time ago. All this dragging around, back and forth, makes me believe that Culpepper is much healthier than anyone is leading us to believe, thus our standing our ground in this trade. Now whether we get Green or not, which I really am against in the first place, I think should have been done already. All this jostling back and forth with Miami staying put and KC wanting more and more, something just isnt clicking and maybe, just maybe DC will be ready and be our QB.

I agree that pep is better off than most believe

It's amazing how people use inaction as an indicator of action.

Something tells me the FO doesn't view Green's overall importance to the Phinz as a starter as opposed to being a mentor. If the need was truly for a starter, we wouldn't be this resistive to giving up a slightly higher draft pick for a player we believe the be the starter in the most important position in all of football.

Not too mention, what's the goal for this team this year? .500, winning record, playoffs, Division Champ?

Do you people honestly expect the coach or GM to allow someone who could be responsible for 3 or 4 victories this year to go unchecked this long? It simply tells me that the plan the fans have for TG and the plans the FO have for TG are 2 totally different plans. I don't think he's the "savior" to our program as some of you would like to believe.

The starter for the year is already on the team. And camp will decide it. Get used to it.

Have you forgotten so soon, "...and I don't say I a lot. But 'I' will not allow our fans to be let down by people who are not on our roster."

Trent Green is not on our roster. Let's move on.

The longer this drags out the less useful Green will be if we end up getting him. It is not like figureing out how to set the time on a VCR this is a NFL O playbook. True X's and O's are for the most part all the same but the termalogy and had signal are toddally diffrent. I also do not want to give up the store for a QB that might just hold CPeppers jock all season long. 6th round pick with the hopes of a 5th if he has a probowl year and we end up in the play offs I would be cool with. Let not forget that Green does not want to be in KC just like everyone that lives in that hell hole of the plains. How great would be in a locker room when your starting QB's agent is out trying work out deals with every team in the NFL so your starting QB can get the $*^# out of Douge?

It's amazing how people use inaction as an indicator of action.

Something tells me the FO doesn't view Green's overall importance to the Phinz as a starter as opposed to being a mentor. If the need was truly for a starter, we wouldn't be this resistive to giving up a slightly higher draft pick for a player we believe the be the starter in the most important position in all of football.

Not too mention, what's the goal for this team this year? .500, winning record, playoffs, Division Champ?

Do you people honestly expect the coach or GM to allow someone who could be responsible for 3 or 4 victories this year to go unchecked this long? It simply tells me that the plan the fans have for TG and the plans the FO have for TG are 2 totally different plans. I don't think he's the "savior" to our program as some of you would like to believe.

The starter for the year is already on the team. And camp will decide it. Get used to it.

Have you forgotten so soon, "...and I don't say I a lot. But 'I' will not allow our fans to be let down by people who are not on our roster."

Trent Green is not on our roster. Let's move on.

If any of the above was true, why would Green have supposedly already come to an agreement with the fins, especially as a backup?

They have to have in mind as the starter, but are playing hardball about the pick.

The longer it goes on, the better IMO. Green is the best option they have, but Rnady is trying to play tough. Petersen is the type to hold on and cut him at the last possible minute, or trade him for a 6th to an NFC team, likely the Vikings or Falcons.

Smart Move

With the new offer of a 6th with a conditional 5th. Is it only a matter of time before that becomes a 5th or perhaps a 5th that turns into a conditional 4th.

It just seems that if we were not going to budge then why do we keep giving a better offer. I personally think we'll eventually either get to a 5th or conditional 4th.

People keep asking, why hasn't this deal gone down? The Chiefs want a 4th rounder and the Phins are offering a 6th rounder...Why not compromise?

Well, Mueller has decided to show the WORLD where the hold up is...PETERSON. By allowing Green's agent to announce publicly that they upped the offer to the COMPROMISE every media talking head said was a no-brainer, it puts the pressure on Peterson to stop acting like a little girl and just pull the damn trigger.

Now the headlines won't be WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE CHIEFS AND DOLPHINS? They'll be WHAT THE HECK IS CARL PETERSON THINKING? and that will put the correct amount of pressure on him to just cave in to the compromise. In one move, Mueller has characterized this negotiation as DOLPHINS - reasonable vs. CHIEFS - Nuts.

Mueller is a smart cookie. Also, for what it's worth, I'll place my trust on Mueller's QB assesments over Mel Kiper, Jr. any day of the week! Trust me, Brady Quinn is gonna flop HARD! Beck may be great or just average, but he will NOT be terrible, I guarantee it!

GO PHINS!!

If any of the above was true, why would Green have supposedly already come to an agreement with the fins, especially as a backup?

They have to have in mind as the starter, but are playing hardball about the pick.

The longer it goes on, the better IMO. Green is the best option they have, but Rnady is trying to play tough. Petersen is the type to hold on and cut him at the last possible minute, or trade him for a 6th to an NFC team, likely the Vikings or Falcons.

If Vick ends up getting suspended which I think something is going to come his way, Atlanta will need a QB much more than we do, so why they hell would Peterson trade him to ATL for a 6th rounder, and want more from us. We dont need a QB as desperately as ATL will once the Vick situation plays out. Besides, Green has already said the only team he would accept a trade to is Miami. So either one of two things is going happen 1. Green is getting traded to Miami or 2. Green gets cut from KC and we sign him.

I understand the bargaining. But this has been going on since Feb. I think everyday that Green is on our team is important. Look at how many months he could have been here already getting established. I just think that if he is gonna be our starting QB, which is such an important spot, we should give in a little and get him here as soon as possible. It's not like they are asking for a day one pick.

I agree 100%

AS I STATED BEFORE, it amazes me how INACTION infers ACTION on this board.

Apparently you didn't read my post. And apparently while trying to find flaws in my thinking, you didn't analyze your own.

IF he's IMPORTANT, why isn't he here?!!!

It has been stated before that Green and his agent worked out a deal with us to SPEED UP the process.

It's as PLAIN AND SIMPLE, Peterson has said he wants a 4th for Green and he's a Dolphin.

I don't see him in a Miami uniform, DO YOU?

It doesn't GET ANY SIMPLER THAN THAT.

AGAIN, it amazes me how INACTION infers ACTION on this board!

...and I don't say I a lot. But 'I' will not allow our fans to be let down by people who are not on our roster.

Trent Green is NOT on this team. Until he is, he is NOT in the plans for the Miami Dolphins.

Maybe if we start 1,000 more threads on this he'll materialize out of thin air. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE. Keep hoping!

AS I STATED BEFORE, it amazes me how INACTION infers ACTION on this board.

Apparently you didn't read my post. And apparently while trying to find flaws in my thinking, you didn't analyze your own.

IF he's IMPORTANT, why isn't he here?!!!

It has been stated before that Green and his agent worked out a deal with us to SPEED UP the process.

It's as PLAIN AND SIMPLE, Peterson has said he wants a 4th for Green and he's a Dolphin.

I don't see him in a Miami uniform, DO YOU?

It doesn't GET ANY SIMPLER THAN THAT.

AGAIN, it amazes me how INACTION infers ACTION on this board!

Trent Green is NOT on this team. Until he is, he is NOT in the plans for the Miami Dolphins.

Maybe if we start 1,000 more threads on this he'll materialize out of thin air. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE. Keep hoping!

Who said we are being let down by trent green. All I was saying was this new deal for a conditional 5th a slippery slope that will end up being something like a 5th or a conditional 4th. This is a forum and we can talk about fins players and fin prospects.

Also there was action, we just changed our stance in the offer. Someone needs to chill a little bit.

Like PFT speculates. I could see this deal get done for a conditional six, that has the ability to upgrade to a 5th at first and then upgrade to a 4th if the second escalator is met.

At this point the Dolphins have to stay tough and not blink. We have to Let Kansas City be pressed and cut him. Or make them take our 6th round pick conditional 5th. If we budge at ALL Randy and Cam have lost any muscle they have for future deals as they know when push comes to shove were not going to budge.

Back
Top Bottom