Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

At this point the Dolphins have to stay tough and not blink. We have to Let Kansas City be pressed and cut him. Or make them take our 6th round pick conditional 5th. If we budge at ALL Randy and Cam have lost any muscle they have for future deals as they know when push comes to shove were not going to budge.

Thats very true, im sure reputation is key in making deals. A lot of that reputation comes from the media. I believe someone posted earlier that bc we gave in for a conditional 5th, we look better than the KC FO.

I hope we stay firm, but something tells me there might be one more give in.

I don't want to give up squat for Green. KC is going to cut him anyway. Why don't we just wait for that to happen, and then sign him? To hell with their idiot GM.

See I think you have already blinked from moving from the 7th to the 6th to now the 6th conditional 5th

Thats pretty much what my post is all about. We keep blinking. Is this the last give in or is there more to come. Thats what im worried about. I have no problem with this conditional 5th but anything more and ill be pissed.

I don't think the idea of inserting Beck into the starting day lineup is a very good one. Even though he is mature and will be very well coached and has lots of guts and brains I'd hate to see the kid get overwhelmed, beat up and have that hurt his confidence. It's better to have a veteran in there behind this new o-line who is used to the speed of the progame. Even Gus, when he started for us, was able to get us out of a bad play in an instant. He also knew how to hookup with Chambers. Either Green or DC is a better opening day choice imo. Maybe Beck could come in after 2/3 of the season because by then he'll be way ahead of where he'll be in early Sept. Even that's rushing him in but if he's ready then so be it.

I agree with u completly.Im starting to get so tired of this Trent Greene bull, either do the deal are let our QBs start working out and not have to worry about if we get him are not.This is getting to be bull**** and it needs to stop.

We're not 'blinking' at all... Going from a 2nd & a 7th to a 4th is blinking.. and sweating....

we're hardly givin in our all this other 'BS' people are dragging around. This is the way negotiations go.

All this "hardline' tactics dont work.. sure you posture for a while... but thats all it is posturizing.

If they want a deal.. there is going to be concessions on both sides. And we arent getting Green for free.. so people can forget that too.

With the new offer of a 6th with a conditional 5th. Is it only a matter of time before that becomes a 5th or perhaps a 5th that turns into a conditional 4th.

It just seems that if we were not going to budge then why do we keep giving a better offer. I personally think we'll eventually either get to a 5th or conditional 4th.

Because KC has said don't even bother unless it's a 4th... so it doesn't seem like it's going to amount to anything

What has he done in KC that was so special
20117 passing yards and 111 passing TDs (Against 76 interceptions) in his first five seasons there was pretty special. Good ground game and line or not, that's still pretty impressive and he deserves credit for that. I'm not making a comment about any possible future Trent Green may or may not have in Miami but it's a bit unfair to take away from what he achieved in KC. Give the man some credit where he deserves it please.

what is the point of Green....He is just like culpepper....old and always injured

It's very obvious that Culpepper is not their guy otherwise they wouldn't continue to pursue Trent Green.

Daunte is done in Miami!

I don't understand these Daunte is done ideas. Knowing CamRams track record thus far in having little to no patience in keeping around players they don't believe stand a chance (i.e. McMike, Spragan, countless linemen, ricky, etc..) do you really believe that they would keep Daunte if they had no hope of his return at all? I'm not saying Cpep is a surefire starter this season, but i think its more reasonable to say that Daunte is still definitely part of the plan, though in what capacity remains to be seen. I guess you think that McNabb isn't the man in Philly either since they drafted Kolb, or that Delhomme must be out because they pursued Carr :err: I love the fact that we're going after some depth at QB and some camp competition, something we haven't had for a while..

They Are Going To Get A Good Qb This Time...we Have Give Away Two 2nd And They Both Are Trash We Are Crying About A 5th Rd Please..
Get The Job Done And Over Before Atl Get In Vole

I agree that Green is being overhyped by the fins. What has he done in KC that was so special. He had one of the best olines plus RB. But of course I would love to see CPEP come back and light it up, im a little bias being a UCF grad.

1.What has he done in KC that was so special.
What Cpep done that Green hasn't?

2. He had one of the best olines plus RB.
Cpep had a really good o-line, plus Randy Moss.

3.He's a solid QB but nothing special.
Which is all we need.

4. I wouldn't mind putting beck in and let him ride is rookie season taking all the snaps.
I personally don't thik he's quite ready yet. Would rather go with Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom