Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Just say NO! to the conditional 4th

Who said we are being let down by trent green. All I was saying was this new deal for a conditional 5th a slippery slope that will end up being something like a 5th or a conditional 4th. This is a forum and we can talk about fins players and fin prospects.

Also there was action, we just changed our stance in the offer. Someone needs to chill a little bit.

The Phins should rightly just say NO! to the conditional 4th round pick.

Here's why:

During the draft it is my understanding that after the first day (Rounds 1 to 3) teams go back & "Re-Stack" their boards and "Supposedly", the 4th round is where the most gems are found relatively speaking.

So, 4th round picks seem to be VERY important to NFL teams.

Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to try & GET 4th round picks (e.g. in a trade for Daunte) and KEEP your own 4th round picks.

Naturally, it can be argues that you want to keep ALL of your picks; but the reality is you have to be flexible if you want to maximize the improvement of your team. If the value of the player is perceived to be greater than or equal to the value of the pick, then you pull the trigger.

Seems to be the crux of Carl Peterson's problem.

Draft Gurus keep me honest!

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/125179.html

Steiner said Green's $7.2 million salary would not become guaranteed until the Chiefs cut down to their 53-man roster the weekend before the regular-season opener.

His timing with the offense wouldn't be worth crap if we didn't get him until then. If it drags on until then everyone better hope for 100% Pep.

I hate to give up any picks for a player we might need only one year.

Not true. You need green for an insurance policy. I fully believe if peps ready to go, then he'll get the start.

Your dreaming. The writing has been on the wall for 2 months. This coaching staff just doesn't see what you see when it comes to DC.

I think we all need to stop with these Trent Green threads. Hes not a Dolphin, and until he is, if he ever is, then lets not waste any breath over it.

While I agree there are a bunch of Trent green threads and I see you rpoint about him not being a Phin yet... But it is the off-season. WHAT else are we to talk about? :wink:

I don't know if I agree with him 100% but he does make some good points.

Randy Moss was traded to the Pats for a 4th round pick. Let's keep it all in perspective. The guys right. No draft pick for Green. Not a 7th or an 8th.

Falcons | Team to pursue Green

Falcons | Team to pursue Green
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:04:03 -0700
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl">Atlanta Falcons may have interest in pursuing Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green, according to several media reports. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, however, said he has not heard from the Falcons or any other team other than the Miami Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom