Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Talk of Green to ATL heating up!

Falcons | Team to pursue Green?
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:04:03 -0700
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Atlanta Falcons may have interest in pursuing Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green, according to several media reports. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, however, said he has not heard from the Falcons or any other team other than the Miami Dolphins.

I know Green said he will not play for anyone but MIA, but this will defitnetly give Peterson some leverage.

No it won't! Green will not restructure his contract for anyone but MIA. Thread closed.

i kinda want him to go there so c-pep is our guy for sure.

In other words, you don't trust the judgement of Cameron or Mueller. You feel that you have a better insight into what is best for this offense. Heck, why didn't you interview for the job. :lol:

Green won't restructure for anyone but Miami for now. Falcons must be really desperate if they want to take on his fat salary AND give up a higher draft pick. Hopefully Mueller sticks to his guns and plays hardball.

No it won't! Green will not restructure his contract for anyone but MIA. Thread closed.

Things do change, sometimes. Before the draft, Green to Miami was an afterthought. Now, its looking about 50/50. Vick very well could be suspended for a good length of time, which means the Falcons would officially be in the hunt for a veteran QB to start. Green is already tired of this standoff between KC and Miami, and very well could be willing to negotiate with Atlanta... who may offer the 4th KC so desperately wants.

Green to Miami, in no way, is 100%. Thread re-opened.

If Vick gets charged with dogfighting, something that is becoming more and more likely by the day, then its very likely that he'll be suspended. Then Green would only have to beat out Joey "2 yard dump on 3rd and 6" Harrington to win the starting job. I wouldn't be surprised to see Green warm up to the idea of playing for the Falcons.

Yeah, this was not a smart post. I am a UCF knight and have loved Cpep forever. I would love nothing more then Cpep starting for the Dolphins. However, not having competition at training camp is not good. I really think we need Green to come in here and battle Cpep for the starting job. If Cam really feels Green is better for this team then Cpep after training camp, then it is something I will have to accept and respect. To just blindly get Cpep as starter isnt best for the team.

Falcons | Team to pursue Green?
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:04:03 -0700
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Atlanta Falcons may have interest in pursuing Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green, according to several media reports. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, however, said he has not heard from the Falcons or any other team other than the Miami Dolphins.

I know Green said he will not play for anyone but MIA, but this will defitnetly give Peterson some leverage.
Seems like everyone is talking about this........except Atlanta, Kansas City, Trent Green, and his agent. Other than the pparties involved, there seems to be a lot of interest.

Dont buy it....
Its just Peterson using his resource's to get a better deal then the one Mueller just tweaked. Thats why I like Cam/Mueller they wont fall for it.
If Speilman was GM, we would have gave KC a conditional 1st rounder.....

Earlier this week, Trent Green joked that he would wear a Dolphins helmet during Chiefs practices. Although it was a joke...he was somewhat serious. He will either be a Dolphin or Chief, nothing else.

In other words, you don't trust the judgement of Cameron or Mueller. You feel that you have a better insight into what is best for this offense. Heck, why didn't you interview for the job. :lol:

I think everyone is allowed to have their own opinions here without their job history being questioned. None of us are GMs... and none of us are going to agree with every move the Dolphins make.

And yes... even the best general managers make mistakes. None of them are impervious to scrutiny.

I don't think the Phins should give up anything for any QB at this point. Not a 4th, not a 6th... not even a 7th.

Nothing.

Unless, of course, Atlanta would like to discuss a trade for Culpepper, or we could, without question, UPGRADE the position. Green is just as questionable as Culpepper at this point.

So, I say let C-pep and/or Lemon play, concentrate on developing John Beck, and stop giving away picks for castoff QBs.

Back
Top Bottom