Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

YES! Looks like we are leaning on NO GREEN

A league source told me the Dolphins rejected a draft-day deal that would've sent Green to Miami for its sixth-round pick and a swap of third-round positions -- with Kansas City moving 11 spots forward from the 82nd position to the 71st.
Think about that: Eleven spots in the third round would've clinched a deal. Yet the Dolphins balked. That tells me someone there isn't sold on Green as the next quarterback.

Heres the article http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10192585/1

I love how we have stayed put. If wanny and rick were here, they would have gave up the same amount of picks they did for Ricky. I will only be happy if we get him for a seventh or better yet nothing! Not even a sixth pick, look at this years pick. It might be a great fullback for years. Enough with giving up picks! lets get young and fast ie last years superbowl teams Bears and Colts.

STAY PUT CAM AND RANDY!

YES! Looks like we are leaning on NO GREEN Heres the article http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10192585/1

I love how we have stayed put. If wanny and rick were here, they would have gave up the same amount of picks they did for Ricky. I will only be happy if we get him for a seventh or better yet nothing! Not even a sixth pick, look at this years pick. It might be a great fullback for years. Enough with giving up picks! lets get young and fast ie last years superbowl teams Bears and Colts.

STAY PUT CAM AND RANDY!

I agree with your premise of staying put. I fail to see how that means that we are leaning on NO GREEN???

When Cam can get Green for nothing, why give up picks? That's good business, not a projection of their QB intentions.

They ought to just stay the course, stay calm and see if either KC flinches, OR they just release him. If not, I'm comfortable heading into 2007 with Daunte, Cleo, and John Beck. I think Cleo Lemon starting an entire season would not be a bad thing for this franchise. I thought the offense looked as close to being decent as they looked all year last year when he started the entire Indy game.

The way I see it is, I want to give Daunte a chance since he is a proven pro bowl QB. If the point of getting Green is because he knows the playbook, then I have to say the Lemon should know it better since he already has not only played with Cameron in San Deigo but has been practicing all of this off season. Thats why I say NO to Green.

Now if he can come in for free, then I will take it. Same way I would take any other player that can come in for free that can add depth to this team without wasting draft picks.

chiefs must cut him early next month or they must pay him 7.2 million!

They ought to just stay the course, stay calm and see if either KC flinches, OR they just release him. If not, I'm comfortable heading into 2007 with Daunte, Cleo, and John Beck. I think Cleo Lemon starting an entire season would not be a bad thing for this franchise. I thought the offense looked as close to being decent as they looked all year last year when he started the entire Indy game.

I'll say it again.

I believe Cleo Lemon is an important QB for the Miami Dolphins.

I agree.

chiefs must cut him early next month or they must pay him 7.2 million!

The Chiefs only have to pay him the $7.2 million if he is on the roster when the season starts and then only if Green has not taken termination pay before.

If he has taken termination pay before then the Chiefs would only have to pay him at the $7.2 million rate per game.

If he has not taken termination pay before he could elect to and the $7.2 million would have to be paid to him.

NOW... we're on the same page! :p

What's the worst that could happen? We tank the season and end up with a top pick and chance at another Franchise QB?

Better yet, as the season becomes lost.... we slide in Beck in Week 8, 9 or 10 only to discover he's got a bright future. Then we use that high pick to continue building around him.

I agree with your premise of staying put. I fail to see how that means that we are leaning on NO GREEN???

When Cam can get Green for nothing, why give up picks? That's good business, not a projection of their QB intentions.

I agree.

Mueller is making an example and sticking to his principles. Very reassuring. Has nothing to do with how they feel about Green.

As the other Green article said, Peterson previously agreed to a 7th round pick. Then he lost his mind and tried to strongarm us.

Ain't happening Carl.

The Chiefs only have to pay him the $7.2 million if he is on the roster when the season starts and then only if Green has not taken termination pay before.

If he has taken termination pay before then the Chiefs would only have to pay him at the $7.2 million rate per game.

If he has not taken termination pay before he could elect to and the $7.2 million would have to be paid to him.

ah... to be burdened with such petty decisions.

I still can't fathom where this confidence in Lemon is coming from.

I have to point out that you wrote diatribe after diatribe on how Harrington is inaccurate and inconsistent. That's something that has followed him his entire career and it's something that won't change. You know, you were right on the money with that as well.

Having said that, Lemon has shown even worse accuracy and consistency every single place he's played football. College, NFL Europe and the NFL.
He's always been in the 50% range in completion percentage. Always.

Why does that not bother you with Cleo Lemon yet it was your main argument against Joey Harrington?

I will also add this.

I don't see the confidence from people making decisions on Lemon either.
San Diego's GM felt he wasn't a very valuable commodity and traded him.

Saban felt he needed to trade for a troubled QB in Harrington who won the job over Lemon in T.C. and held that job till the experiment at the end of the year.

Cameron, who is familiar with Lemon, made drafting a QB top priority AND made chasing Trent Green another top priority. All along with this guy Lemon who has developed a following on here of people who think he can be a really good starting QB sitting right there on the roster.

I have to say that if that's true that Lemon is ready and if the brass felt he was why on earth did we need to draft a QB this year and go after another Veteran. I don't see the need if Lemon is in fact a rising prospect ready to be a solid starter in the NFL.

Maybe you're right on him but I have yet to see what makes any of you feel that way.

As for Green.
I am all for Mueller holding his ground.
Green knows the system and could come in right before preseason and get his timing down enough to compete with Culpepper for the starting job.

Well, they really can't say much of anything about Green, other than they're trying to work out a trade. He's still under contract to KC so saying anything else would be tampering. As for just how much they want him....I listened to a Green interview a few weeks back and he kind of put some perspective on all of this. KC gave him permission to look for a trade in lieu of taking a pay cut. Once it became common knowledge that KC wanted him to play for less no one was willing to give up ANYTHING in a trade-obviously everyone expected he would eventually cut. Miami was the only team to step up and offer anything at all in a trade. Of course they want Green in Miami or they would have long ago publically stated they have no interest.

Finally someone gets it!!!!!!! It isnt difficult logic to follow. I cant understand why everyone else cant read between the lines on the whole situation. It isnt cracking advanced algarithms.

The Dolphins want Green. Green wants to play for the Dolphins. These are both facts. Call me crazy but, somehow I think Green will be playing for the Dolphins. As for Uncle Rico.... I dont understand the logic that would bring anyone to the conclusion that he is in any plans for the Dolphins. If we are bringing in a veteran and we drafted a QB in the second round how is this any indication that the Phins are interested in paying Uncle Rico starter money to ride a bike? Just seems like common sense to me that Uncle Rico is finished as a phin and Green will play 1-2 seasons as a starter before Beck takes over. Didnt we also sign Cleo to some contract this year? Seemed like some kind of backup QB type deal. Dont most teams keep 3 QBs and 3 only. So we would have one guy signed this year to a backups deal, one drafted in the second round, and one acquired by trade/free agency to starter money. Thats three spots there. So who's left? Oh yea, there is that fat guy that the person who used to be in charge and left for college ball traded for. The guy who is still rehabbing an injury from what seems like decades ago and is making starter money. Wonder what they might do with him? Wow. What a tough one.

Back
Top Bottom