Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I think all the culpepper haters just /wrists

I see nothing in that article that would hint to the plans for Culpepper in any way.

You're trying to stir the pot where it isn't needed.

I am not going to play for the Chiefs because they are paying me 7.2 million dollars. I am just going to play for another team and make 20 percent of that.
You think they're going to pay him that? Everyone in the world knows KC won't pay that, including the Dolphins. So it's pissing Green off that they won't release him/trade him now, knowing Miami will not up their offer. If KC waits too long, Green will be at a disadvantage to the other QBs on the roster for taking over the spot. Because he ran a Cam offense 10 years ago doesn't qualify him to just in before the first game and play.

John Clayton reminds me of Mr. Mackey on South Park. "Um kay boys and girls, the Miami Dolphins are gonna have Trent Green on their team sometime or other Um kay."

If he is injured, which of course none of us hope for.... Chiefs are on the hook for his entire salary this year. I can't believe a 5th rounder?..... 6th at most.... I hope

John Clayton reminds me of Mr. Mackey on South Park. "Um kay boys and girls, the Miami Dolphins are gonna have Trent Green on their team sometime or other Um kay."

nanunanu-1.jpg

:sidelol: ...he looks like him. Clayton seems like a librarian who's had too much coffee. Mr. Mackey is a bit more relaxed and easy going.

Everyone needs to get off the Cpep bandwagon. It is very obvious that Cameron wants Green to be his QB. I dont want to give anything then a statiscally weighted conditional 5th round draft pick for a one year bandaid. (ex. 3,500 yards and 30 TDs will bump it up to a 3rd at most). The Harrington conditional pick was based on games played and that doesnt mean poop to me if he plays horrible.

It's obvious to me that the Fins aren't too worried about whether or not Green gets here...if they wanted the deal to be done, it would be done by now. It's just not that obvious that they want Green over Cpep...show me where Cam-Mule have said anything about Green ?? Anything that has been said has been by Green, his agent, or Peterson...not Cam-Mule...all they've said is that Cpep is physically coming along....

It's obvious to me that the Fins aren't too worried about whether or not Green gets here...if they wanted the deal to be done, it would be done by now. It's just not that obvious that they want Green over Cpep...show me where Cam-Mule have said anything about Green ?? Anything that has been said has been by Green, his agent, or Peterson...not Cam-Mule...all they've said is that Cpep is physically coming along....

Good post, I agree for the most part. I don't doubt that the Dolphins are actively trying to obtain Green, but I don't think they are sweating him as much as many people think.

People will say that keeping quiet on Green and 'pumping up' Culpepper could be a little bit of a ploy to get the most for Daunte and Green for the cheapest price. I say that they've got too much riding on it to be playing around with nickels and dimes. That's why I agree with you on, 'if they really wanted him here that bad, a deal would have been done.'

Well, they really can't say much of anything about Green, other than they're trying to work out a trade. He's still under contract to KC so saying anything else would be tampering. As for just how much they want him....I listened to a Green interview a few weeks back and he kind of put some perspective on all of this. KC gave him permission to look for a trade in lieu of taking a pay cut. Once it became common knowledge that KC wanted him to play for less no one was willing to give up ANYTHING in a trade-obviously everyone expected he would eventually cut. Miami was the only team to step up and offer anything at all in a trade. Of course they want Green in Miami or they would have long ago publically stated they have no interest.

Carl Peterson is classless. At least we don't have Spielman as our GM anymore. He would try to trade our first round pick next year after Kansas City Cut Green.

:sidelol:

Ha Ha ... Spielman.....

I see nothing in that article that would hint to the plans for Culpepper in any way.

You're trying to stir the pot where it isn't needed.

How so? It has been pretty common chatter that Green was coming in to start and to get rid of Daunte. Are you trying to say Green was going to come in and fight it out with Beck/Lemon all along? Now it is shown that the so called gurantees to Green never happened and he wasnt the prime target of Cam and Muller. Don't be oblivious.

How so? It has been pretty common chatter that Green was coming in to start and to get rid of Daunte. Are you trying to say Green was going to come in and fight it out with Beck/Lemon all along? Now it is shown that the so called gurantees to Green never happened and he wasnt the prime target of Cam and Muller. Don't be oblivious.

Because you have that under control huh. Just because Green says that Cam never told him youre coming in to start then there is no way that is the case huh? Im sure Green is smart enough to know not to say much in the way of Uncle Rico.

Breaking news

I really wouldn't consider this "breaking news" as he has been expecting this trade for the past three months.

The breakign news was the quotes from Green that I mentioned, that I havent seen anyone post.

I think its crazy that he's in OTA and admits its very akward being there, and all the players dont know how to treat him, constantly asking him whats giong on.

Back
Top Bottom