Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

If he is going to be the Fins starter then he needs as much time as possible to learn the offense and the receivers. The Chiefs could hold on to him until the final cutdown which is only a few days before the season starts. He would have missed all of the Dolphins training camp and mini camps. The sooner they get him the better.
He already knows the offense, he would just need a refresher. I don't know how long it would take to get acclimated with the receivers though.

If the Chiefs plan on not letting him go until the beginning of the season, then that would give us all of training camp and preseason games to evaluate where Culpepper is. And if we're still interested through this process, then I would assume that we would offer something to make it happen sooner.

Everyone needs to get off the Cpep bandwagon. It is very obvious that Cameron wants Green to be his QB. I dont want to give anything then a statiscally weighted conditional 5th round draft pick for a one year bandaid. (ex. 3,500 yards and 30 TDs will bump it up to a 3rd at most). The Harrington conditional pick was based on games played and that doesnt mean poop to me if he plays horrible.

How about, we wait till he gets cut? The Cheifs are not going to keep him with that contract.

Yeah but it holds no value for them to cut him before the cutdown day on September 1. I'd rather get him now so he can actully be ready to start opposed to going into the season with Cleo Lemon as our guy.

I would only give a 5th round pick for Trent Green if we were guaranteed to get a 5th round pick for Culpepper. Otherwise I say wait it out. The Chiefs are in the hard spot. We do have the chance C-pep will be healthy and we all know that Trent and C-pep are short term since Beck is the future QB of this club.
By the way, I just hit post number 1000!!!

Trent Green Still expects trade to Dolphins (Palm Beach Post)

Greg Bedard:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/05/22/0522green.html

Several intersting quotes from post-OTA press conference:

Green, whose contract calls for him to make $7.2 million this season, resisted. The Chiefs told him they would trade him if he found a team and worked out a contract. Three months later, after several failed trade proposals between the Chiefs and Dolphins, Green still is waiting.
"That was something that I was told would happen before draft day, so I was very patient," he said. "The longer this goes on, the more frustrated I'm going to get.
"This has been played out since February. Every time I come into lift - and I'm here every day - guys are asking, ëWhat's the situation? What's going on?' I answer that a hundred times a day, whether that be on the street or in here. Guys don't know how to react to me or treat me. It's just awkward. It's awkward for everybody."

Despite telling the Chiefs that he found a team "out there that wants me to come in and be the guy and be the leader and start," Green said he has not been assured by the Dolphins that he would be their starter. Nor, Geen said, has he been told of the team's plans for Daunte Culpepper.
"You know what, they never said, ëYou're the guy, come right in,' " Green said. "They haven't discussed with me what the Daunte Culpepper situation is."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but it holds no value for them to cut him before the cutdown day on September 1. I'd rather get him now so he can actully be ready to start opposed to going into the season with Cleo Lemon as our guy.

He still has until June 7th to be here IMO. Right now though, this situation is weird as hell. To me, Peterson deserves nothing for stiring up all this unnecessary drama.

So much for the rumors that Miami promised Green the starting job. Green is insurance and not much else.

Trent Green Still expects trade to Dolphins.

I really wouldn't consider this "breaking news" as he has been expecting this trade for the past three months.

Green dispelled the rumors that Miami offered him the starting job. Miami's offer is standard for a backup QB. Remember Harrington? Green is veteran insurance, not much more.

So much for the rumors that Miami promised Green the starting job. Green is insurance and not much else.

Well if he's the insurance for Culpepper, then he'll be out there on opening day. He's a better QB and Daunte still isn't healthy.

If Green really wants out he should pretend to roll an ankle during a drill or in the weight room. Give them a little scare - come in with crutches for a couple of days and then see what Peterson says about that. I'd imagine we'd get a call pretty quick afterwards. Better yet - he has back pain. You can never prove that either way. Strained back sounds good!

CP is set on alienating potential free agents

I think the game has passed him by

clear.gif

poor Carl

Carl Peterson is classless. At least we don't have Spielman as our GM anymore. He would try to trade our first round pick next year after Kansas City Cut Green.

Back
Top Bottom