Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

...we are all to QUICK to jump on the next Great Thing Going we all need to pay close attention to the player'shere in our system. Cpepper is our guy he is a stong QB. Fans are FANs and we all do that but rest a second and we all will see C PEPPER wil lead US this year!
Tell that to the Dolphin jet at the KC airport right now.

Remember Wayne H making the statement in the beginning of the year he was not interested in rebuilding the Dolphins but in winning right now. Tutoring a rookie QB for a couple of years and hope he works out is rebuilding. If we truly want to have a shot at winning now need to give Culpepper his shot. Throwing a draft pick at Green is just giving away a draft pick something that Cam/Mueller implied that they were not going to do and try build through the draft!

Not really. Beck is the future and I would think he would be expected to be our starter either in 08 or 09. IMO, whether it's Green or Culpepper for now, neither will be starting by Sep 2009, unless of course Beck is a bust.
As for whether or not trading a draft pick for Green is acceptable; if we were to get into the playoffs with Green this year and next what is he worth? Obviously speculating is all we can do at this point, but IMO IF we were to get a playoff berth with Green as starter trading a draft pick isn't "throwing it away". With all that said, I do believe that Culpepper can still play-if healthy.

Just my opinion, but there is just way too many people who are personalizing the Green vs Culpepper debate. There are people who think if we go with Culpepper that our FO is made up of morons, and others who believe the same thing if we acquire Green. As if those guys know nothing.
I've stated before I think we can win with either of those guys, but what I think doesn't matter. Camreon is comfortable with Green because they have history; fine, bring him in. What's more important to me is whether or not Beck can play in the NFL.

Im still not excited about Cpep.. if he gets the job and flourishes.. then great.. But i just don't see it happening. I can't shake the way he was playing before his knee injury.

I think the real point here is for Beck to learn from Green how Cameron's style of offense is run. That doesn't necessarily mean Green is here to act as a tutor, but I think it does mean Beck is to partly learn by example, whether with Green's blessing or not.

After 10 years and a serious concussion, I'm not sure if Trent remebers Cam's system.

lol hope cpep is 100%; he is much better than green when healthy

Not really true. They both have career completion percentages and QB ratings that are eerily simlar.

Both have plenty of 4,000 yard seasons on their resume's.

The problem with Culpepper is that he makes too many negative plays (sacks and fumbles). That's why Green is the better QB.

They both have injury issues so that could be a big factor for either one this year, however, Trent is only two years removed from a good season, while Culpepper is three years removed from a good season.

For the final analysis, see my sig.

GO PHINS~!

Not really true. They both have career completion percentages and QB ratings that are eerily simlar.

Both have plenty of 4,000 yard seasons on their resume's.

That said, I think Culpepper makes too many negative plays (sacks and fumbles) that aren't computed into the QB rankings. That's why Green is the better QB.

They both have injury issues so that could be a big factor for either one.

Trent is only two years removed from a good season, while Culpepper is three years removed from a good season.

For the final analysis, see my sig.

GO PHINS~!

Yeah, funny thing.....

Daunte has been sacked 249 times. Trent Green has been sacked 246 times in the same timespan. Also, Trent Green threw 101 interceptions in his career.

Trent Green, though, is over Culpepper in the fumble department.

Yeah, funny thing.....

Daunte has been sacked 249 times. Trent Green has been sacked 246 times in the same timespan. Also, Trent Green threw 101 interceptions in his career.

Trent Green, though, is over Culpepper in the fumble department.

Your stats are a little skewed b/c Green has played 101 games and CP has played in only 84. So, while it's nearly over the same time, Culpepper has played in only 83% as many games.

For instance, Green has been sacked 2.29 times per game compared to 2.96 for CP. Doesn't seem like much but that's nearly one more sack per game.

The same would be true of the fumbles and INT's also. Green is better per game than Culpepper.

Your stats are a little skewed b/c Green has played 101 games and CP has played in only 84. So, while it's nearly over the same time, Culpepper has played in only 83% as many games.

For instance, Green has been sacked 2.29 times per game compared to 2.96 for CP. Doesn't seem like much but that's nearly one more sack per game.

The same would be true of the fumbles and INT's also. Green is better per game than Culpepper.

True...

But for the sacks, you must take into account the offensive lines they played, as well as lack of running game on Minnesota's part.

Edit: And underutilized running game on our part.

Exactly!

If Green was so interested in tutoring a young QB he would have taken the pay cut and stayed in KC. I don't know which one would make the better "tutor" and I really don't care, I just want the one that will give us the best chance at winning.

Im glad some people understand this. Green isnt coming here to "groom" anyone. Hes coming to play QB and help us win games. The coaches will get paid to do the coaching.

True...

But for the sacks, you must take into account the offensive lines they played, as well as lack of running game on Minnesota's part.

Edit: And underutilized running game on our part.

Good point. Here's some interesting info to think about: Culpepper's only winning season (2000), was also Robert Smith's last season in which he led the NFC in rushing with 1,521 yards. Correlation???

GO PHINS~!

Good point. Here's some interesting info to think about: Culpepper's only winning season (2000), was also Robert Smith's last season in which he led the NFC in rushing with 1,521 yards. Correlation???

GO PHINS~!

Interesting... Cpep had only one winning season?!...Are you sure?:confused:

Interesting... Cpep had only one winning season?!...Are you sure?:confused:

They never really had a stout D. The only winning season that comes to mind at least from my memory is the year they got blown out against the Giants in the NFC Championship Game like 41-0. They were 8-8 when Culpepper had his best year, but made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Merged-The Official Trent Green Thread

They just teased it, watch it now if you can!

Back
Top Bottom