Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

John Clayton about Green saga

ESPN's John Clayton is just reported on NFL Live that the Dolphins are willing to up their offer for Trent Green to a conditional 5th round pick. However, he reports that the Dolphins have kind of lost contact with Chiefs GM Carl Peterson. However, Clayton believes this is a deal that could be done in 5 minutes with one phone call. But we've all heard this before, so who knows at this point.

Yea pretty much, he's going from upset to straight up mad! The trade could happen in 5 mins but the Chiefs are holding out/not very active. Trent wants to come here and says he wont play for KC and the waiting is just hurting him and his family. He also basically said the chance the QB situation in KC being a "equal competition" is a buncha crap and he's experienced enough to read between the lines.

Did Trent practice with the Chiefs already? That must have been an interesting practice. hand off, hand off, hand off, take a break.

i dont know if hes worth a 5th rounder, but i guess we need him right now...but i still want cpep

I am not going to play for the Chiefs because they are paying me 7.2 million dollars. I am just going to play for another team and make 20 percent of that.

This whole TG situation is turning into Ringling Brothers with RM, Peterson, and Green playing the parts of Ring leader, circus clown, the fat lady singing.
Sad but quite amusing.

How about, we wait till he gets cut? The Cheifs are not going to keep him with that contract.

If he is going to be the Fins starter then he needs as much time as possible to learn the offense and the receivers. The Chiefs could hold on to him until the final cutdown which is only a few days before the season starts. He would have missed all of the Dolphins training camp and mini camps. The sooner they get him the better.

I am not going to play for the Chiefs because they are paying me 7.2 million dollars. I am just going to play for another team and make 20 percent of that.

Green will never see the 7.2 mil. KC will cut him outright. Greens mad because KC is keeping him from joining another team by asking for unrealistic compensation and not accepting reality about how much Greens worth. On top of that KC stubborness is cutting into practicing with his new team, which will slow his progress. Also,KC is preventing him from getting his family settled in another city. Id be mad too. And all because CP wants to try and screw Miami for not giving in to a bad deal.

Back
Top Bottom