Merged: The official world cup thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
World Cup is coming up. Figure most people here don't follow it. But there's gotta be some. So you do guys like? My picks 123 are Brazil, Germany, U.S.A.

I will be over in Germany from june 23rd to July 11th and we have tickets to the final game (my father is friends of Beckenbaur and Gerd Muller), so better believe I am getting hype. Brazil are the obvious favorites, they are sick. Ronaldihno is the best player I have seen in a long time. My father is german so I tend to root for Germany. I am a United States fan at heart, but I'm also a realist . . . if they can make it back into the 2nd round in that tuff group they are in this World Cup, they might go do some big things. England is gonna be nice this year, they are bringing their best team in years. France should rebound, Henry is amazing. My girlfriend is from Trinidad so I'm showing support for T&T. Just 2 weeks away!!

Kdawg954 said:
I will be over in Germany from june 23rd to July 11th and we have tickets to the final game (my father is friends of Beckenbaur and Gerd Muller), so better believe I am getting hype. Brazil are the obvious favorites, they are sick. Ronaldihno is the best player I have seen in a long time. My father is german so I tend to root for Germany. I am a United States fan at heart, but I'm also a realist . . . if they can make it back into the 2nd round in that tuff group they are in this World Cup, they might go do some big things. England is gonna be nice this year, they are bringing their best team in years. France should rebound, Henry is amazing. My girlfriend is from Trinidad so I'm showing support for T&T. Just 2 weeks away!!

Man, that's awesome! Agree with you but I actually think the US can get into rd 3. I definitely went a little much by giving them 3rd but I dont think its out of the realm. England, I think is gonna choke. I like the eastern european teams too. I think one of them might get into the final four. Ukraine, Serbia, Poland, Croatia.

how does your father know beckenbauer

adamprez2003 said:
they definitely have a shot. You guys should definitely get into the next rd

Yeah, we MUST be in the next round, otherwise I'll be really disappointed

USA ALL THE WAY

ill be rooting for italy too, since my dad was born there. of course they had to be placed in the same group though...

I'll be rooting for US and Argentina. I'd root for Peru too but they didn't make it :(

I think the US has a decent shot. unfortunately they suffered some injuries to their defensemen but our offense should be good. We have to beat either the Czechs or the Italians to move on. That will be tough, but if we can get by into the next round then we have a good chance of getting into the round of four

Kdawg954 said:

I need a ticket. :wink: I am rooting for the USA, but I also would love to see Italy winning it. I have seen many Bundesliga games over the years and hope Germany does well at home, BUT I think it will be a Brazil-Italy finale.

Group A
Poland #26
Germany #22
Costa Rica #25
Ecuador #38
Group B
England #9
Paraguay #33
Trinidad and Tobago #49
Sweden #16
Group C
Argentina #4
Côte d'Ivoire #32
Serbia and Montenegro #46
Netherlands #3
Group D
Mexico #7
Iran #19
Angola #60
Portugal #10
Group E
Italy #12
Ghana #50
USA #5
Czech Republic #2
Group F
Brazil #1
Croatia #19
Australia #44
Japan #18
Group G
France #8
Switzerland #35
Korea Republic #31
Togo #58
Group H
Spain #6
Ukraine #42
Tunisia #24
Saudi Arabia #34

THESE ARE THE GROUPINGS with their FIFA rankings next to them. Two from each group move on. These are the two teams from each group I see moving on

Group A
Germany
Poland
Group B
England
Paraguay
Group C
Argentina
Netherlands
Group D
Mexico
Iran
Group E
USA
Czech Republic
Group F
Brazil
Croatia
Group G
France
Switzerland
Group H
Ukraine
Tunisia

Here is a Schedule in Excel format you can download. You can enter the score and it gives you info on who winning the group so you can keep up with who gonna play who in the second round. Good stuff. http://www.excely.com/world-cup-2006.html

and BTW
clear.gif

USA! USA!!!

Since I don't think we're making it out of group play, though, I'll just go on record now with England as my backup team.

its gonna be tough to take out brazil, for anyone.

i heard some commentators talking the other day, and they said if brazil fielded their 2nd best 11 players, that team would be in the top 5 in the world as well...

Back
Top Bottom