Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

im rootin for the US but unfourtunately i dont think we'll advance
ive played soccer my whole life but this is my 1st time ive followed the world cup how many times to we play each team in our group

tampafinfan9201 said:
im rootin for the US but unfourtunately i dont think we'll advance
ive played soccer my whole life but this is my 1st time ive followed the world cup how many times to we play each team in our group

We play 3 games in the group top 2 team in points pass to the next level. Win=3 Tie = 1 Loss = 0.

I think the US is getting a slightly bad rap here. We split two games with Mexico and we've played good teams tough. The only team that embarrased us was Germany. We're putting a better team out there than we've ever had. I think Italy is in disarray which should help us. We'll beat either the Czechs or the Italians and so long as we do that we're into the next round

wpgfishfan said:
Prediction time. These are the 2 teams I see coming out of each group

Group A
Germany
Poland

Group B
England
Paraguay

Group C
Argentina
Serbia This is a tough group and Argentina could be out

Group D
Portugal
Mexico This should be a cake walk for both teams

Group E
Czech
Italy

Group F
Brazil
Croatia

Group G
France
South Korea
Easily the worst group of the tourney, both teams are gone in the round of 16

Group H
Spain
Ukraine

Besides most of you disagreeing with USA being knocked out. What else do you disagree with???

Dont really disgagree with your picks. I think Portugal is too inconsistent to be guaranteed a spot. Great one game average the next. They should move on to the next round but I'll call for an upset and call for Iran to move on. It seems they've been playing well. I think that would be the biggest upset if it were to happen.

The other upset I'm calling for is Tunisia to get into the next rd ahead of Spain. Africa always has one interesting team and I'm calling for Tunisia to be that one team. Probably wont happen but there's my pick

Did someone really pick Netherlands to NOT make the next round but Serbia does? :sidelol:

These guys are hit and miss. They could easily get knocked out or win it all. They are my upset knock out

I would be amazed if Netherlands and Argentina dont go to the next round. Serbia is decent but that would be a huge upset if it happened

Serbia Montenegro is a great team. They are good. Dont underestimate them.

Amars said:
Serbia Montenegro is a great team. They are good. Dont underestimate them.

I dont. They definitely have a chance. I just think Argentina and Netherlands have a better chance. Serbia has some injury and suspension issues, Montenegro jus voted to become independant so I dont know how that's going to effect them and they played a lackluster friendly against Uruguay recently getting only a tie

I have been following the World Cup since 1974. One more week until the games start. The USA is in a tough group but you never know what can happen...we surprised in 2002. I am also rooting for Italy....forza assurri.

ENGLAND all the way! forget about usa. Not a fan and don't plan on it. If they were to win, ppl in the US and in general, US Would be out of this world ****y as if they aren't already. I was watchign a segment on ESPN about US and there friendly games then the travel to germany and such and the players were complete ****y *******s that deserved to get knocked out and the coach seemed like a complete moron. Imagine, if US wins it, it'll be nothing but talk for another 234243 yrs about the US. For instance, why is it when a team wins the SB they are considered "WORLD" champions? when the **** is US considered as the world? I don't recall them playing other countries or teams so why say WORLD if its NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE? this is what I mean. They are too ignorant and full of themselves. One of the players was saying, this is how US plays soccer this is how we do it and how its done. Wait until they play some tough competition before you talk so much. you never hear other countries or players talking smack. only in the states. To consider themselves great just b/c they gained 5th in ranking due to the points they earned is BS. Germany was saying we dont play for those points we play for the cup. for the win.

SR 7 said:
ENGLAND all the way! forget about usa. Not a fan and don't plan on it. If they were to win, ppl in the US and in general, US Would be out of this world ****y as if they aren't already. I was watchign a segment on ESPN about US and there friendly games then the travel to germany and such and the players were complete ****y *******s that deserved to get knocked out and the coach seemed like a complete moron. Imagine, if US wins it, it'll be nothing but talk for another 234243 yrs about the US. For instance, why is it when a team wins the SB they are considered "WORLD" champions? when the **** is US considered as the world? I don't recall them playing other countries or teams so why say WORLD if its NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE? this is what I mean. They are too ignorant and full of themselves. One of the players was saying, this is how US plays soccer this is how we do it and how its done. Wait until they play some tough competition before you talk so much. you never hear other countries or players talking smack. only in the states. To consider themselves great just b/c they gained 5th in ranking due to the points they earned is BS. Germany was saying we dont play for those points we play for the cup. for the win.

:nono: US is a very humble team. The only times they talk about how well they play is when questioned about how they play or on how far they think they can go. What do you expect them to say "I think we will get knocked out in the group stage..." :nono:

Not much talk in this thread lately though, seems most of the WC conversation is going on in the VIP Forums.

Prime Time said:
:nono: US is a very humble team. The only times they talk about how well they play is when questioned about how they play or on how far they think they can go. What do you expect them to say "I think we will get knocked out in the group stage..." :nono:

Not much talk in this thread lately though, seems most of the WC conversation is going on in the VIP Forums.

no i dont expect them to say that they are going to lose but i dont expect them to talk **** as if they are the BEST TEAM IN THE GAME. until they earn the respect they shoudl NEVER EVER speak of themselves so highly. they have no class what so ever. its the typical attitude. "WE think we are better then everyone out there thats outside of the states."

Back
Top Bottom