Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

Section126 said:
That is a joke. I bolded the teams that are NOT.

IRAN? Are you serious?

France and England are debatable as well...as is Italy and Argentina.

You are going too much on reputation.

Your list is a total insult.

I don't completely agree with you here....but I looked at the list and only 11 are better then the US imo. The rest either are not or are EXTREMELY debatable..especially Mexico...(US pretty much owns them lately...)

adamprez2003 said:
I think the US will advance at least to the third round which would place them in the top ten. The U.S. doesnt get the respect they deserve and I think that's partly what drives the team

:yes: Which is exactly why they are humble, and they only talk about proving themsleves in almost every interview. I've never seen a US Player..say we are the cream of the crop.

Quelonio said:
I'll make you a bet right now, that neither the US or Costa Rica end up in a better position than Netherlands, Croatia, Ukraine or sweden. Not happening.

Especially Costa Rica, all costa rica has is a great striker (Wanchope) with a bum knee, and a ok midfielder (Fonseca) who is injured. I mean costa rica just got blown away 4-0 by tunisia or something like that. That statement by itself proves that you know nothing of soccer.

I will take your bet. US or C.R. (at least one of them) will do better then at least ONE of the four other teams you mentioned.

Teams that are clearly better then the US imo....(not in any order)

Brazil
Argentina
England
France
Netherlands
Denmark
Spain
Portugal
Czech Republic
Italy

Prime Time said:

Brazil
Argentina
England
France
Netherlands
Denmark
Spain
Portugal
Czech Republic
Italy

uh did u just name the teams taht are in the top 15? where is germany? you dont think they are a good team? are you just going by those BS rankin pts?

Prime Time said:

Brazil
Argentina
England
France
Netherlands
Denmark
Spain
Portugal
Czech Republic
Italy

You gotta drop Portugal, and Denmark and add Sweden and Germany. I would also drop the Netherlands and add Poland. (Styles that hurt the US)

Quelonio said:
I'll make you a bet right now, that neither the US or Costa Rica end up in a better position than Netherlands, Croatia, Ukraine or sweden. Not happening.

Especially Costa Rica, all costa rica has is a great striker (Wanchope) with a bum knee, and a ok midfielder (Fonseca) who is injured. I mean costa rica just got blown away 4-0 by tunisia or something like that. That statement by itself proves that you know nothing of soccer.

By still touting the Ukraine, and the Netherlands and not giving Costa Rica more props...you prove that you are coming from a biased perspective.

I know enough about soccer to know that all great players can and will get marked out of any match. It is about team.

As for Costa Rica...I don't think you understand who they are...

Costa Rica has some very underrated players in Drummond, Umana, Wallace, Badilla, and Marin.

CR. is talent laden, and if they can get it together for just 3 weeks..they could make some noise. Of course..I think that they finish 2nd in their group and will have a tough round of 16 match...so their noise will be limited.

But they will MAKE it out of their group.

Section126 said:
You gotta drop Portugal, and Denmark and add Sweden and Germany. I would also drop the Netherlands and add Poland. (Styles that hurt the US)

Sweden is one of those arguable teams imo,

Germany IMO has dropped off big time. I don't see them as a top team anymore.

i think sweden is overrated. they have gotten a lot of hype but I dont think they are that tough. If the US were to play them I would like our chances

SR 7 said:
uh did u just name the teams taht are in the top 15? where is germany? you dont think they are a good team? are you just going by those BS rankin pts?

That is imo...

Section126 said:
By still touting the Ukraine, and the Netherlands and not giving Costa Rica more props...you prove that you are coming from a biased perspective.

I know enough about soccer to know that all great players can and will get marked out of any match. It is about team.

As for Costa Rica...I don't think you understand who they are...

Costa Rica has some very underrated players in Drummond, Umana, Wallace, Badilla, and Marin.

CR. is talent laden, and if they can get it together for just 3 weeks..they could make some noise. Of course..I think that they finish 2nd in their group and will have a tough round of 16 match...so their noise will be limited.

But they will MAKE it out of their group.
Costa Rica is a team that barely made it out of the CONCACAF, to get into the WC. Barely, they had two good games at the end of the line (including beating the US in a game the US pretty much gave to them).

CONCACAF is one of the weakest qualifying groups in the world, how can a team that barely made it, be considered a team that is going to get anywhere?

Look my gf is Costa Rican, big fan of Saprissa, and I have had the "luck" of having to watch a lot of Saprissa, Liga Alajuelense, etc. Plus a good part of Costa Rican national team plays in Mexican soccer teams. They are not getting over the first round.

I'll take it from you on that bet Prime Time, if the US and Costa Rica finish in better place than those four teams. Then you got to wear a Mexico flag and a mexico signature. You can decide what is my thing if I loose.

Quelonio said:
Costa Rica is a team that barely made it out of the CONCACAF, to get into the WC. Barely, they had two good games at the end of the line (including beating the US in a game the US pretty much gave to them).

CONCACAF is one of the weakest qualifying groups in the world, how can a team that barely made it, be considered a team that is going to get anywhere?

Look my gf is Costa Rican, big fan of Saprissa, and I have had the "luck" of having to watch a lot of Saprissa, Liga Alajuelense, etc. Plus a good part of Costa Rican national team plays in Mexican soccer teams. They are not getting over the first round.

I'll take it from you on that bet Prime Time, if the US and Costa Rica finish in better place than those four teams. Then you got to wear a Mexico flag and a mexico signature. You can decide what is my thing if I loose.

Whoa Whoa :lol: I am all for a bet...BUT you said CR nor US would do better then any of those 4 teams. I said either US or Costa Rica (at least one of the two, not neccesarily both) will do better then at least ONE of the four other teams you mentioned (not better then all..)

Back
Top Bottom