Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

DevilElias26 said:
its gonna be tough to take out brazil, for anyone.

i heard some commentators talking the other day, and they said if brazil fielded their 2nd best 11 players, that team would be in the top 5 in the world as well...

Yeah Brazil is head and shoulders above everyone. If you play them you have to score first and then just go into prevent defense and pray

Someone with computer savvy should set up a World Cup pool on Finheaven

Italy need to win the group because whoever finishes second in our group will have to play Brazil in the round of 16

wpgfishfan said:
Someone with computer savvy should set up a World Cup pool on Finheaven

Italy need to win the group because whoever finishes second in our group will have to play Brazil in the round of 16

Its to bad Italy is not even going to get out of group.

the USA just needs to beat either Italy or the Czech republic in the first round, not both. they should take care of the other game easily, meaning theyd be 2-1, which would most likely get them through

DevilElias26 said:
the USA just needs to beat either Italy or the Czech republic in the first round, not both. they should take care of the other game easily, meaning theyd be 2-1, which would most likely get them through

:yes: With Keller back there, we can do it. We just need our Midfield and our Offense to play well.

They just need to tie either game and not give up scores and they should make it pass.

This is the first time we should be competitive. I definitely think we're a top ten team though not on par with the Brazils

I'm not saying the USA are not competitive, they just don't deserve the #5 ranking which was #4 I think.

It would be an upset not to see Czech and Italy not go through. They are in a very tough group

What should help them is Italy being in disarray due to the referee buy-out scandal

Prediction time. These are the 2 teams I see coming out of each group

Group A
Germany
Poland

Group B
England
Paraguay

Group C
Argentina
Serbia This is a tough group and Argentina could be out

Group D
Portugal
Mexico This should be a cake walk for both teams

Group E
Czech
Italy

Group F
Brazil
Croatia

Group G
France
South Korea
Easily the worst group of the tourney, both teams are gone in the round of 16

Group H
Spain
Ukraine

Besides most of you disagreeing with USA being knocked out. What else do you disagree with???

adamprez2003 said:
Group A
Poland #26
Germany #22
Costa Rica #25
Ecuador #38
Group B
England #9
Paraguay #33
Trinidad and Tobago #49
Sweden #16
Group C
Argentina #4
Côte d'Ivoire #32
Serbia and Montenegro #46
Netherlands #3
Group D
Mexico #7
Iran #19
Angola #60
Portugal #10
Group E
Italy #12
Ghana #50
USA #5
Czech Republic #2
Group F
Brazil #1
Croatia #19
Australia #44
Japan #18
Group G
France #8
Switzerland #35
Korea Republic #31
Togo #58
Group H
Spain #6
Ukraine #42
Tunisia #24
Saudi Arabia #34

THESE ARE THE GROUPINGS with their FIFA rankings next to them. Two from each group move on. These are the two teams from each group I see moving on

Group A
Germany
Poland
Group B
England
Paraguay
Group C
Argentina
Netherlands
Group D
Mexico
Iran
Group E
USA
Czech Republic
Group F
Brazil
Croatia
Group G
France
Switzerland
Group H
Ukraine
Tunisia

YOU ARE WRONG, RANKINGS From 1 - 10:

1.- Brasil
2.-Czech Republic
3.-Netherland
4.-Mexico
5.-USA
6.-España
7.-Portugal
8.-France
9.-Argentina
10.-England

http://fifa.com/es/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-May-2006,00.html

These are the two teams from each group I see moving on

Group A
Germany
Poland
Group B
England
Swerige
Group C
Argentina
Netherlands
Group D
Mexico
Portugal
Group E
Czech Republic
Italia
Group F
Brazil
Japan
Group G
France
Switzerland or Korea
Group H
España
Ukraine

And Im rooting for Mexico!!!

wpgfishfan said:
Prediction time. These are the 2 teams I see coming out of each group

Group A
Germany
Poland

Group B
England
Paraguay

Group C
Argentina
Serbia This is a tough group and Argentina could be out

Group D
Portugal
Mexico This should be a cake walk for both teams

Group E
Czech
Italy

Group F
Brazil
Croatia

Group G
France
South Korea
Easily the worst group of the tourney, both teams are gone in the round of 16

Group H
Spain
Ukraine

Besides most of you disagreeing with USA being knocked out. What else do you disagree with???

I agree with USA being knocked out..., besides I disagree with Paraguay instead Swerige, I disagree with Serbia instead of Netherland (Netherland could possibly pull for the next round better than Argentina, I mean in first place...) and I disagree with Portugal clasyfying in No. 1 and Mexico No. 2, I say it will be Mexico in No. 1 and Portugal in No. 2, but it looks pretty good for me...

GO FINS!!!!!

GO MEXICO!!!!

GO MAVS!!!

The Americans won't see the second round....sorry to all my American friends here.

Did someone really pick Netherlands to NOT make the next round but Serbia does? :sidelol:

I'm thinking the Netherlands makes it to the semi's.

My father's side of the family is Croatian so you can all guess who I'm rooting for...seeing as Canada is the ****s.

My ideal World Cup would be Croatia making it to the round of 16 and getting a chance at revenge against France, Germany and the U.S. getting knocked out early, England ****ting the bed like usual and Netherlands facing a South American team in the Final.

The whole damn tourney is in HD though which is SWEET. The only crappy part is the time difference for the games.

I look forward to the next time the Cup is held in the Western Hemisphere so I can watch all the games live and not be a wreck for work for a month.

Back
Top Bottom