Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

SR 7 said:
no i dont expect them to say that they are going to lose but i dont expect them to talk **** as if they are the BEST TEAM IN THE GAME. until they earn the respect they shoudl NEVER EVER speak of themselves so highly. they have no class what so ever. its the typical attitude. "WE think we are better then everyone out there thats outside of the states."

Talk ****? Please show me a link or a quote as to where they were talking ****. Like I have said, the US team is a very humble team....and they should have earned respect with the way they played at the last WC and with the improvements they have made.

What improvements have they made???? The USA would not be taking all of this ****** if their ranking was 20-25 like it should be. I guess it's not thier fault for it but up until last month they were #4 which means anything less then the semi's would be a disaster

wpgfishfan said:
What improvements have they made???? The USA would not be taking all of this ****** if their ranking was 20-25 like it should be. I guess it's not thier fault for it but up until last month they were #4 which means anything less then the semi's would be a disaster

Like it should be? US is a Top 15 team IMO.

wpgfishfan said:
Which European teams do you think the USA are better than???

I'm assuming you have them behind Argentina and Brazil

So..let me guess....the azuri is going to destroy the US..huh?

The blatant lack of respect is fine..I hope they feed off it.

Don't be surprised to find the azuri with TWO losses in group.

Yes I think Italy has a better team

I don't understand how the Americans can be rated so high when so many of their players play in the USA

Most fans will say that Italy, England and Spain have the most competitive leagues and I'm not sure how many Americans play their

USA better finish 1st because whoever finishes second is done in the round of 16

These are the teams that are better than the USA in my opinion

Iran
Mexico
Argentina
Brazil
Croatia
Italy
Portugal
Spain
France
Germany
Engalnd
Poland
Nigeria
Netherlands
Czech
Denmark
Turkey
Sweden
Russia
Ukraine How this team is ranked 45 is another joke about these rankings

Anyways we are less than a week away

wpgfishfan said:
These are the teams that are better than the USA in my opinion

Iran
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Croatia
Italy
Portugal
Spain

France
Germany
Engalnd
Poland
Nigeria
Netherlands
Czech
Denmark
Turkey
Sweden
Russia
Ukraine
How this team is ranked 45 is another joke about these rankings

Anyways we are less than a week away

That is a joke. I bolded the teams that are NOT.

IRAN? Are you serious?

France and England are debatable as well...as is Italy and Argentina.

You are going too much on reputation.

Your list is a total insult.

For that matter...Costa Rica is better than alot of those teams....like Iran, Croatia and the Netherlands.

I think the US will advance at least to the third round which would place them in the top ten. The U.S. doesnt get the respect they deserve and I think that's partly what drives the team

Section126 said:
That is a joke. I bolded the teams that are NOT.

IRAN? Are you serious?

France and England are debatable as well...as is Italy and Argentina.

You are going too much on reputation.

Your list is a total insult.

What?????? Tell me one player in the US, just one player that is on the US team that is better than Gerrard, one that is better than Messi (who is not even a starter in Argentina), one that is better than Totti... You can't. Not at all. This US team is not able to beat Panama without having to go to penalties.

You are the one that is going in for a big surprise Section. You are speaking as a a true homer. You are right that Iran is not better than the US, but there is no way that the us is better than france or England. THere is no way they are better than Argentina.

You dare say they are better than the netherlands???

How in the world is a defensive line of Onyewu, Cherundolo, and the rest, better than Heitinga, Maduro, and company. How can you say Landon Donovan (who can't even crack the opening team in Bayern Leverkusen) better than Van Nistelrooy (who is one of the best strikers in the world). How is a combo of Claudio Reyna and John O'Brien (both of them now old and not good enough) better than Wesley Sneijder and Van Peersen (captain of Ajax and big part of Chelsea). How would you even begin to explain that DaMarcus Beasly (one of the best if not the best players in the US) can't sustain starting in PSV Eindhoven, yet you say he is in a better position that people that dominate in every league??????

You are viewing it with homer eyes. REal incredible homer eyes. US is going to dissappoint you. I follow them as much as I can, and clearly they are not as good as they where 4 years ago.

Section126 said:
For that matter...Costa Rica is better than alot of those teams....like Iran, Croatia and the Netherlands.

I'll make you a bet right now, that neither the US or Costa Rica end up in a better position than Netherlands, Croatia, Ukraine or sweden. Not happening.

Especially Costa Rica, all costa rica has is a great striker (Wanchope) with a bum knee, and a ok midfielder (Fonseca) who is injured. I mean costa rica just got blown away 4-0 by tunisia or something like that. That statement by itself proves that you know nothing of soccer.

wpgfishfan said:
Yes I think Italy has a better team

I don't understand how the Americans can be rated so high when so many of their players play in the USA

Most fans will say that Italy, England and Spain have the most competitive leagues and I'm not sure how many Americans play their

USA better finish 1st because whoever finishes second is done in the round of 16

Says who? Yes Brazil is THEE powerhouse...but so what..you act like there has never been an upset in Soccer. Last time I checked, Senegal knocked off the Defending World Champs in the 2002 World Cup. That is why we play these games...

Section126 said:
I don't think you can find 14 national teams that are better. You are being generous.

I know I am.

Back
Top Bottom