Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

wpgfishfan said:
The guy gives you 4 teams to 2 and you don't take the bet???? Quelino I don't respect the USA in soccer but that is a bad bet my friend

Oh Noo, don't get me wrong I am going to accept the bet, I just want to discuss what should be his "prize" If he loses.

wpgfishfan said:
Quelino I don't respect the USA in soccer but that is a bad bet my friend

You will after this world cup

wpgfishfan said:
The guy gives you 4 teams to 2 and you don't take the bet???? Quelino I don't respect the USA in soccer but that is a bad bet my friend

I respect USA's soccer, and I feel they are going to be real good in two more WC. But I have also seen a lot of both USA and Costa Rica, and I feel that they are not at their top level right now.

Costa Rica is in the same group as germany, poland and Ecuador. Ecuador clasified to the World Cup third behind only argentina and Brazil in South america. Germany are playing at home and despite their low game, they still are not about to lose at home. Costa Rica just got embarassed, and I mean embarassed by an african team

USA is in a tough group. Ghana has been improving as of late, and I think everyone is just writing them of as an easy victory, and it will not be, Italy is maybe not at its top but never easy, and czech will be good, and if not injured can be better than a lot of teams in the WC.

Which means that in my opinion to do better than Costa Rica, Sweden, Netherlands, Ukraine and Croatia, just have to make it to the second round. Sweden will make it no problem, Croatia will make it under Brazil, Ukraine under spain. And the only one I have to worry about is Netherlands (not because they are worse than the US but because playing in that group, anyone can win it... US in that group would not stand a chance).

If all four teams make the second round. Then I have to put the only but in this competition, that is that if one of those teams has to face another one in the second round and they are eliminated, that does not count... See if Ukraine and Sweeden have to play each other and one of them is out, then I believe you cannot argue that particular matchup can't count (kinda like if Costa Rica threw the US out in the second round and all my guys moved on).

I think it is a safe bet, they have the odds, but I still think that it is in my favor.

And by the way, US being leaps and bounds better than Mexico is debatable. While it is true that you have beat us, the truth of the matter is that lately we kind of divide games, sometimes you guys win, sometimes we win... so in reality it is not a clear cut thing.

Quelonio said:
I respect USA's soccer, and I feel they are going to be real good in two more WC. But I have also seen a lot of both USA and Costa Rica, and I feel that they are not at their top level right now.

Costa Rica is in the same group as germany, poland and Ecuador. Ecuador clasified to the World Cup third behind only argentina and Brazil in South america. Germany are playing at home and despite their low game, they still are not about to lose at home. Costa Rica just got embarassed, and I mean embarassed by an african team

USA is in a tough group. Ghana has been improving as of late, and I think everyone is just writing them of as an easy victory, and it will not be, Italy is maybe not at its top but never easy, and czech will be good, and if not injured can be better than a lot of teams in the WC.

Which means that in my opinion to do better than Costa Rica, Sweden, Netherlands, Ukraine and Croatia, just have to make it to the second round. Sweden will make it no problem, Croatia will make it under Brazil, Ukraine under spain. And the only one I have to worry about is Netherlands (not because they are worse than the US but because playing in that group, anyone can win it... US in that group would not stand a chance).

If all four teams make the second round. Then I have to put the only but in this competition, that is that if one of those teams has to face another one in the second round and they are eliminated, that does not count... See if Ukraine and Sweeden have to play each other and one of them is out, then I believe you cannot argue that particular matchup can't count (kinda like if Costa Rica threw the US out in the second round and all my guys moved on).

I think it is a safe bet, they have the odds, but I still think that it is in my favor.

Alright that sounds fair. So what happens If I lose? Tell me specifically...

Quelonio said:
And by the way, US being leaps and bounds better than Mexico is debatable. While it is true that you have beat us, the truth of the matter is that lately we kind of divide games, sometimes you guys win, sometimes we win... so in reality it is not a clear cut thing.

I don't think they are leaps and bounds better, but I do think the US is better...

Prime Time said:
Alright that sounds fair. So what happens If I lose? Tell me specifically...

You have to wear a jets avatar, and your sig has to be an image of a Mexican Player scoring on US:

dominizzo said:
Argentina is the best Soccer team in the world

Ya but they have an idiot coach who sitting alot of thier best players.

Quelonio said:
You have to wear a jets avatar, and your sig has to be an image of a Mexican Player scoring on US:
:crying: I hate the jets. I hope the US shows up to play I know they are very capable of going far.

Amars said:
Ya but they have an idiot coach who sitting alot of thier best players.

No, they have a heck of a coach... Believe me, if their D is healthy, they are taking it, they are most definetely taking it.

Well he not an Idiot. Of course he good but he has questionable moves, why Messi riding the bench. I work with 2 Argentinian and they are pissed off with the coach selection of who starting. They said that thier family in argentina are puzzled also on why some of these players are riding the bench, one of them being Messi.

Wow there's a lot of homerism running around here :eek:

I can't wait until sunday morning :tantrum:

finsmx said:
Wow there's a lot of homerism running around here :eek:

I can't wait until sunday morning :tantrum:

Yep. Mexico should have it easy until they get into the round of 16.

Back
Top Bottom