Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

dominizzo said:
:wink:

Id love Argentina VS MExico

Yes, it would be a great match, but it would most likely be 1 - 0 any team or penalties..., no way that a team scores 2 goals in that match...

dominizzo said:
its to bad cuz he has great Strikers!! Zidane is just not performing well!!

He s old but look at Figo hes playing well

Too bad, it's his last WC

Figo is playing sooooo well, I have to say I'm impressed:eek:

dominizzo said:
So tell me if Italy and Argentina finsih who plays who?

im a lil lost on this?

It depends...

Argentina belongs to the group "C", if they finish in first place of the C group, they would play against the second team in the group "D", but if they finish in second, they play against the first team of the group D:

C1 vs. D2
C2 vs. D1

So those matches will be between Argentina vs. Portugal or Mexico and Netherland against Portugal or Mexico.

Then Italy is in group "E", E plays against group "F", if Italy get to the next round in second place of the group they would match Brazil, because Brazil is easily getting the first place of the F group, and it looks likely to Czech getting the first place of the group E, which means, Italy in second and playing against Brazil.

postermaster said:
It depends...

Argentina belongs to the group "C", if they finish in first place of the C group, they would play against the second team in the group "D", but if they finish in second, they play against the first team of the group D:

C1 vs. D2
C2 vs. D1

So those matches will be between Argentina vs. Portugal or Mexico and Netherland against Portugal or Mexico.

Then Italy is in group "E", E plays against group "F", if Italy get to the next round in second place of the group they would match Brazil, because Brazil is easily getting the first place of the F group, and it looks likely to Czech getting the first place of the group E, which means, Italy in second and playing against Brazil.

tyhnx!!!!

Id love Argentina vs Portugal!!

that would be an easy win

dominizzo said:
tyhnx!!!!

Id love Argentina vs Portugal!!

that would be an easy win

Yes, Mexico will be D1 (because he will pass to the next round in first place) and Portugal will be D2 (because neither Iran or Angola are going to get that spot...)

And

Who passes to the next round in first place of the group C, will be a mistery, all will depend on that game between Netherland and Argentina, whoever wins the C1 spot will play against Portugal and whoever wins the C2 spot will play against Mexico...

postermaster said:
It depends...

C1 vs. D2
C2 vs. D1

That's an awful lot of math just to tell us all what we already know.

Brasil will win.

:hump:

Brazil will win this Cup? Like I've said before, No Way Jose. :nono:

And Mexico has the best defensive line in the World Cup? :rofl: That is comical.

Mexico won't go further then the round of 8..so in the end you will be just like the US (If they do get sent home early)....at home, WATCHING the Finals.

Prime Time said:
Mexico won't go further then the round of 8..so in the end you will be just like the US (If they do get sent home early)....at home, WATCHING the Finals.

But the thing is no one is expecting them to do so, reaching the round of 8 and then being thrown out by Argentina would not be a dissappointment, it would be pretty much what was expected of them (our goal is the round of 4, but of course the second round is damn tough on us).

Now I do believe that it was in US's expectations to get past the first round... so they would be a bigger letdown.

Now in terms of the best D in the WC, you are right, they are not close to being that, and have yet to play a big team to prove that to be truth (as of now, I think that either Croatia or Paraguay should be most definetely considered there). But all the mexican defenders are arousing curiosity of the European club scouts (as is Bravo, who I hope stays in Europe).

Back
Top Bottom