Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells

That's nothing more than an assumption on your part. It doesn't say anywhere in the article that Michael Lipman tried to physically stop him, it says that Michael Lipman (a member of the league's media relations department) was doing his job and Lipman tried "speaking with him again, only to get shoved". Huge difference.

You took 2 situations completely out of context in order to support your side of the discussion.

And I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but Ocho and TO are indeed the same type of person. Both are unabashed attention hounds that only care about themselves and neither one cares about the team concept.

It does hold water because the things that we are pointing to are his fault and his fault only. Did the media make Johnson scream at Palmer? Did the media make him throw a punch at one of his coaches? Did the media make him commit fraud by reneging on the raffle? If any regular person did that they would receive a hefty fine and possible jail time. Did the media make him run around to every news outlet to *****, complain and beg other teams to trade for him?

Well if you dont think teammates ever yell at eachother, you are wrong. And if you think that its necessarily a bad thing, you are wrong again. Obviously you never played the game.

And if yelling at Palmer and doing some TD dances is all you have to say against Johnson, that isn't much.

Icky Woods used to dance all the time. Ricky Sanders, Art Monk, and the rest of the Redskins had choreographed celebrations, were they 'selfish' also?

Is Johnson a perfect player/teammate? Probably not. Frankly, none of us know anything other than what the media says. And most of the bad things said about Johnson are unsubstantiated.

I think you guys are definately blowing this out of proportion. Chad Johnson isn't a problem player. Does he show off too much? Yes, but he doesn't cause problems in the locker room, in fact, often times Bengal players have said that Chad Johnson's antics and enthusiasm gives them more energy.

With that said, I'd rather go after Roy Williams than Chad Johnson. Williams, being a tall possession reciever, is a much better complement to Ted Ginn than Johnson would be. Not to mention that he's about 4 years younger, and considering we're just starting the rebuilding process, it would be a waste of money to pick up players who have hit their peak.

So that is just a rumor? Seems to me that I am the one accused of twisting things to help my side.:unsure:

It might be true, I don't know.

But I'm just saying, if you are going to say something about Johnson punching a coach, I would ask for some sort of evidence. An article or something that definitively states it happened. From what I recall, he wasn't fined or disciplined by the Bengals at all. EVER.

It might be true, I don't know.

But I'm just saying, if you are going to say something about Johnson punching a coach, I would ask for some sort of evidence. An article or something that definitively states it happened. From what I recall, he wasn't fined or disciplined by the Bengals at all. EVER.

That is because the Bengals swept the halftime fight between WR Coach Hue Jackson an Chad under the rug. Report from some in the locker room was that Chad threw the punch and had to be restrained. He was pissed because he wasn't getting the ball.

This was halftime of a playoff game and Chad was thinking about himself folks.

Not the guy I want in the Dolphins locker room. :shakeno:

Listening to Chad talk this past week I think he is losing it a bit. The head seems to be sweeling at an enormous rate.

That is because the Bengals swept the halftime fight between WR Coach Hue Jackson an Chad under the rug. Report from some in the locker room was that Chad threw the punch and had to be restrained. He was pissed because he wasn't getting the ball.

Listening to Chad talk this past week I think he is losing it a bit. The head seems to be sweeling at an enormous rate.

and you believe the tooth fairy exists too?

do you have a link to an article from a reputable source saying a punch was thrown?

or is all you have rumor/hearsay?

I agree, but im not so sure if it is his head that is swelling that is causing all the problems. I mean, i am sure his ego is up there, but I think the situation has just gotten out of control and Johnson doesnt know how to handle it anymore, he isnt thinking straight, has no direction right now, and doesnt know if he is coming or going. I know he caused this situation, but now it has gotten out of control. Rosenhaus should be shouldering a little bit of the blame too. He should have counseled Johnson from the start before this whole situation got out of control. Now it is just snowballing. CJ needs to just take a step back and try to start acting professional about things, if that means not leaving the house so the media doesnt influence him (while things are boiling over) then so be it. But Drew is his agent and he should be counseling CJ on how to act from now on... If not, Rosenhaus isnt doing his job (not like I ever liked this jack *** anyways).. Im actualy starting to feel sorry for the guy (CJ)

johnson is thinking straight. he just wants to be traded. and TO proved that if you are a big enough headache, theyll just get rid of you

it makes johnson look foolish/immature, but it will definitely get him out of Cincinnati

Their's no telling what all is going on in that locker room full of ex-cons and want-to-be cons. I don't know if Bill has even thought about Chad but I'm sure if something did he would have a nice long chat with Chad and get to the bottom of it all and lay down the rules. Remember Wayne will let Bill do it his way and I'm sure if "THE PLAYER" was in Miami trying to ride a bicycle with a ups shirt on all offseason he would be leaving with it in his tail after day 1.

I agree, but im not so sure if it is his head that is swelling that is causing all the problems. I mean, i am sure his ego is up there, but I think the situation has just gotten out of control and Johnson doesnt know how to handle it anymore, he isnt thinking straight, has no direction right now, and doesnt know if he is coming or going. I know he caused this situation, but now it has gotten out of control. Rosenhaus should be shouldering a little bit of the blame too. He should have counseled Johnson from the start before this whole situation got out of control. Now it is just snowballing. CJ needs to just take a step back and try to start acting professional about things, if that means not leaving the house so the media doesnt influence him (while things are boiling over) then so be it. But Drew is his agent and he should be counseling CJ on how to act from now on... If not, Rosenhaus isnt doing his job (not like I ever liked this jack *** anyways).. Im actualy starting to feel sorry for the guy (CJ)
Dang good opinion. Except he didn't cause the situation alone.

again, i would advise that nobody say things like

"he punched a coach", etc. unless they have a legitimate source to cite

Punches thrown, per Len Pasquarelli of ESPN

"In a much-ballyhooed halftime blowup, Johnson pitched a hissy-fit at not getting the ball enough. There were reports that Johnson, at one point in the incident, threw punches at an unnamed assistant coach. Another report suggested Johnson had the coach in a headlock"

From AOL:

"They had a huge fight in that locker room at halftime. It's the truth, flat out. (Wide receiver) Chad Johnson got into it with their wide receivers coach, Hue Jackson. (Wide receiver) T. J. Houshmandzadeh and Marvin came over to break it up and Chad was uncontrollable...
He wanted the ball more, screaming and yelling. Guys are trying to tell him calm down; we're all in this together; your quarterback's hurt. I mean, show a little professionalism, for crying out loud... "

From PFT:

CHAD FINALLY CONCEDES THAT SOMETHING HAPPENED

After our January report regarding the locker room brouhaha sparked by receiver Chad Johnson during halftime of the Mean Machine's playoff loss to the Steelers, Johnson called a press conference to reiterate his position that "nothing happened."

Now, he's singing a different tune.

Here's a quick refresher as to the story we broke on January 10: Johnson, upset regarding the scarcity of passes thrown his way in the first half, got into an altercation with receivers coach Hue Jackson moments before the team was due to go back to the field for the third quarter. At one point, Johnson had Jackson in a headlock. Coach Marvin Lewis intervened, and Johnson took a swing at him. (There's a difference of opinion as to whether Johnson was swinging specifically at Lewis, or whether he was flailing wildly as Lewis approached.)

Johnson's initial response to the report was as follows: "That sounds like drama. At halftime, I was getting an IV. Nothing happened. Why don't you talk to the coaches, they're all down there today."

Johnson also denied that he had any type of an altercation with a coach.
But in a recent item penned by our good pal (eye roll) Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com, Johnson changes his tune.

"There are just times, and that was one of the unfortunate ones, where my emotions definitely can get the better of me," Johnson told Pasquarelli. "One of the things I worked hard on conditioning in the offseason was my temper. I think I've gotten better. I know I'm a better player and, hopefully, a better person, too, in some areas I had to get better at."

Though Johnson reiterates his denial that the incident turned physical, why would he be speaking with such contrition is there was nothing about which to be contrite? Surely, he didn't conclude that he needed to control his temper merely because he was running his mouth. Moreover, his more recent words have a far darker tone than his "I was getting an IV" crap from January.

And it's obvious Johnson's anger management has had no impact on his me-first mindset. This year, he's taking aim at the single-season receiving touchdown record of 22.

"I've got to do something," Johnson said, "that is really extraordinary, that burns up the record books."

How about focusing less on yourself and more on your team, Chad? Indeed, there are still folks in the locker room who believe that, if you'd kept yourself under control during halftime of that loss to the Steelers, the Lombardi Trophy might be residing in another city that sits on the banks of the Ohio River.

Also from PFT

POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

CHAD, T.J. "OUT OF CONTROL"

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.

Per SI.com

" Bengals WR Chad Johnson took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis and put receivers coach Hue Jackson in a headlock during halftime. Involved parties have so far denied the incident, but numerous outlets continue to report anonymous players corroborating the story. "

After the anonymous player came forward, he was kicked off the team.

I also like how the PFT rumors of Ocho wanting out of Cincy and him wanting to come to Miami were taken as fact and posted all over this board, yet when bad news about Ocho comes out then PFT is a garbage site.

all you posted was a bunch of innuendo from anonymous players

show me something that said the Bengals disciplined him. if you punch a coach and put him in a headlock you are going to be fined at the least. most probably suspended.

i can get quotes from anonymous players saying anything

you are just mongering rumors

the 'rumors' or johnson wanting out of cincinnati are not rumors. they are fact. he said it himself, with his own mouth. not an anonymous players' mouth

Punches thrown, per Len Pasquarelli of ESPN

From AOL:

From PFT:

Also from PFT

Per SI.com

After the anonymous player came forward, he was kicked off the team.

I also like how the PFT rumors of Ocho wanting out of Cincy and him wanting to come to Miami were taken as fact and posted all over this board, yet when bad news about Ocho comes out then PFT is a garbage site.

all this proves is that there was a shouting match. One source you cited, cited ANOTHER unnamed source who says a punch may have been thrown.

was there a shouting match? probably

did johnson assault a coach, as many of you claim? nothing has shown that yet

Back
Top Bottom