Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It was the Tenn game, and it was not shown on Directv!

lol

dude I was talking about the Steelers game in week 3. That game wa son Sunday Ticket and was moved to Sunday Night.

Last year (Pittsburgh) ESPN allowed the NFL to show the game on TV.
Then they just added ESPN comercials.

I think, but not 100% that ESPN even announced the game.

ESPN Had the rigts to the Sunday night game

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The Tenn game they did not show because of a hurricane, they had all kinds of rules about it. I really don't remember them moving the Steeler game, but I remember screaming at my Directv guy because they would not show the Tenn game.

Your right man, the Titans game wasnt on Sunday Ticket, and I was pissed too. But I was talking about the Steelers game which was 2 weeks later that was also moved to later that night.

When the game was rescheduled last time because of a hurricane it was not televised live. If it is not on Sunday, it will not be on Directv live. Last time it was rescheduled for Saturday. They played a tape of the broadcast on Sunday.

nolefin said:
not to be insensitive about the hurricane but if the game is moved to sat, sun night or monday will it be shown? it better be or i will be very very very upset! good luck to everyone in fla be safe.

Saturday, NO. Any other time Yes. It's a stupid contract with College. They should have a clause for certain circumstances considering people PAY GOOD MONEY for Sunday ticket. I would never expect the NFL to steal the thunder of the NCAA nationally, that wouldn't be fair to the advertisers. However, when people spend over $200, direct TV should be able to get the game.

I wish everybody in South Florida the very best and wish we weren't having this discussion at all.

The 1997 Bears-phins Game And Last Years Stellers -phins Game Were Both On Espn , I Believe Whenever A Game Goes To Sundaynight It Becomes Property Of Espn Regardless!!!!
But This Year The W.s Game 2 Will Be On , And I Think The N.f.l. Wont Put A Game On Against It Because We All Know The The N.f.l Game Will Destroy The W.s Game In The Ratings!!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
No, if that was the game that was moved, Directv did not show it. We were on the Dan Patrick show trying to get the game on. The NFL came on and said no!

You are wrong, I watched the dolphins lose to the steelers on Sunday Ticket last year.

Here is what happened last year

The Tennessee game on opening day was played on Saturday. US legislation prohibit the NFL from broadcasting games on Saturday until after US Thanksgiving due to College Football. The game was shown on Sunday at the normally scheduled time on the NFL Ticket.

The Pittsburgh game in week 3 was changed from a 1:00 PM est time to a 8:00PM est time and it was broadcast with Direct TV and the NFL Ticket. ESPN gave permission to NFL Ticket and obviously got something for doing so. As someone mentioned, ESPN commercials I believe were played through out the game.

If the game is moved to Saturday this year, it will most likely be broadcast in Miami and KC markets only. This is what happened last year. The NFL were given special permission to air the game in Tennessee and Miami Markets ONLY. All other markets had to watch the tape delay game on Sunday.

The game was shown on a tape-delay basis, and i believe it was on the NFL Network. Either that or DirecTV.

It will be shown, just probably not live.

The NFL were given special permission to air the game in Tennessee and Miami Markets ONLY. All other markets had to watch the tape delay game on Sunday.

Right you are. That's what happened last year and that's what will happen if the game is moved.

I don't see the advantage of playing it on Saturday. Don't state officials want South Floridians to be evacuating right about then?

Seems more likely they'll delay the game to Monday night like they did for the Saints/Giants game.

Wait a second. So if the game is moved to Saturday, Direct TV users are screwed? However, if the game is moved to Monday, we will get to see it live on Direct TV?

Nublar7 said:
Wait a second. So if the game is moved to Saturday, Direct TV users are screwed? However, if the game is moved to Monday, we will get to see it live on Direct TV?

if it's saturday, the game won't be shown live. they will show a replay on sunday. that's what they did with the titans game. i watched the replay although i knew the outcome. it's tough to avoid finding out!

i don't know the deal with mondays, however.

DPlus47 said:
if it's saturday, the game won't be shown live. they will show a replay on sunday. that's what they did with the titans game. i watched the replay although i knew the outcome. it's tough to avoid finding out!

i don't know the deal with mondays, however.

A group of us actually quarantined ourselves so we did not know the outcome. I turned of my computer and unplugged all the phones in the house and did not leave the house! :goof: :goof:

It was extremely difficult not turning on the computer to find out what happened. My wife admitted after the tape delay game that she did look and find out the score but she hid it from me well.

I hope we don't have to do the same this year. If the game is on Friday,that would be too long of period to go without someone spilling the beans!

Back
Top Bottom