Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

nflddolfan said:
A group of us actually quarantined ourselves so we did not know the outcome. I turned of my computer and unplugged all the phones in the house and did not leave the house! :goof: :goof:

It was extremely difficult not turning on the computer to find out what happened. My wife admitted after the tape delay game that she did look and find out the score but she hid it from me well.

I hope we don't have to do the same this year. If the game is on Friday,that would be too long of period to go without someone spilling the beans!
Wow, that's good man. I can do it for an afternoon (I have to ref youth football on Sunday afternoons alot, so I record the game on DirecTV and watch it "live" later) but that even kills me. Last week, I didn't watch the game till 8 p.m. EDT! But a whole day? That's impressive.

I was POed at DirecTV and the NFL last year as well for the Titan's game. As far as I'm concerned, they should refund 1/16th the price if they don't show it on Saturdays!!! What a load of bull!

The Pittsburgh game used the CBS broadcasters, but ran ESPN commercials as a thank you to ESPN for allowing the game to run against their scheduled game.

From what I understand, DirecTV will show it at an alternate time if it's not on Saturday. So hope for Friday night!! Actually, hope this thing takes a turn into some cold water somewhere and weakens into a Thunderstorm. That's the best case scenario for everything!

If its moved to monday I dont think it will be shown on DirecTV...because of the same circumstances as saturday with college. abc has contract rights to monday nights.

I dont think it would be moved to saturday though? isnt that when this storm is supposed to hit?

Well it won't be unless it is shown on Sunday! Now ESPN or another network may show it. But The "NFL Sunday Ticket" will only air games on Sunday!

Does anybody know if the game will be televised live?

I have the Ticket and I'm sure that the game won't be on the ticket because of what we went through last year. I'm just wondering if the NFL Network, ESPN, or some other channel will broadcast it to those of us that don't live in NY.

I wish someone would pick it up like they did for the Giants and Saints game. Otherwise we will have to wait until Sunday to watch it. I don't think I could wait that long.

Im assuming ESPN might pick up the game for friday night. I doubt theres any contract restrictions and it is a decent football game that would get someone ratings. dont see any reason why it wouldnt be shown.

SuperDuperFan said:
Im assuming ESPN might pick up the game for friday night. I doubt theres any contract restrictions and it is a decent football game that would get someone ratings. dont see any reason why it wouldnt be shown.

I believe there is. No NFL games can be televised on any other day other than Sunday or Monday before Thanksgiving I belive. We ran into this last year.

Just Heard On Local Miami News That The Game Will Be Played Tomorrow Night At 7pm, Woot Woot

It has been officially moved to Friday @7pm but no TV announcement yet. Statement said news on TV rights to follow.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NFL Announces Dolphins-Chiefs Game Moved To Friday[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]October 20, 2005[/size][/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]To accommodate the South Florida community in preparing to deal with the approach of Hurricane Wilma, the Miami Dolphins' home game against the Kansas City Chiefs has been rescheduled for Friday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. ET at Dolphins Stadium, the NFL announced in conjunction with both teams and local authorities. The game originally was scheduled to be played on Sunday, October 23, at 1:00 p.m. ET. http://www.miamidolphins.com/insider/index.asp

TV broadcast information will be announced shortly.[/size][/font]

actually there is

with who? when it wasnt shown on saturday last year it was because of college football. and at that time they said the only day with restrictions was saturday. so how is there some for friday night?

i hope so bc this is the only game i was gunna get to see all yr and if its not on ill be pis sed.

phinfan2003 said:
I believe there is. No NFL games can be televised on any other day other than Sunday or Monday before Thanksgiving I belive. We ran into this last year.

we ran into this last year because they moved the game to Sat, which is college football day. Friday night there should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom