Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

"The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast."

Who is the "secondary market"?

Tampa/Orlando area maybe?

HVACservice said:
"The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast."

Who is the "secondary market"?

Tampa/Orlando area maybe?

:confused2 Couldn't tell you, I would bet that Miami is the primary and the connecting area is the secondary.

Agent Mulder said:
So whats the "law" that prohibits Direct TV from showing it live?

Its probably all contractual BS...bottom line, if the NFL wanted to show the game, it would be shown. Like mentioned before, if it were a Northeast Team, it would be on.

ether79 said:
:confused2 Couldn't tell you, I would bet that Miami is the primary and the connecting area is the secondary.

Ya, your probably correct. :fire:

seabass said:
Its probably all contractual BS...bottom line, if the NFL wanted to show the game, it would be shown. Like mentioned before, if it were a Northeast Team, it would be on.
You got that right, if it was the freakin patriots or jets, it would damn sure be on

ccphinfan said:
You got that right, if it was the freakin patriots or jets, it would damn sure be on

You know it ! Just like the Giants getting an extra home game. if the Saints were playing , umm say Seattle, it would have been played at a neutral site.

MikeO said:
Look this is very simple people.

Any game that is moved off a Sunday to a Friday or Saturday in September or October will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER be aired on DIRECTV live.

If they move the game to a Monday night (like back in Week 2 this year) then ESPN and ABC will split the feed. Or ESPN and ESPN2, whatever. But when games are moved to Friday's or Saturday's.......they won't air live. Once November comes around sure, they can air them if moved to a Friday or Saturday. But in Sep or Oct.......NEVER!
then please explain to us why they showed the pittsburgh game last year on direct tv after it was moved for the hurricane

ercin13 said:
then please explain to us why they showed the pittsburgh game last year on direct tv after it was moved for the hurricane

Because it was played on a Sunday night.

Guys~

I am in California and called Direct TV today and they told me that the game would be taped and shown on its regularly scheduled slot on Sunday morning. So much for watching the game tomorrow. We can only watch the little helmets move down the field on espn.com.

Dolphins54 said:
Guys~

I am in California and called Direct TV today and they told me that the game would be taped and shown on its regularly scheduled slot on Sunday morning. So much for watching the game tomorrow. We can only watch the little helmets move down the field on espn.com.
Great, i gotta lock myself in a room with no media for 2 and half days... :lol: :fire:

My memory is awful, but last year the Titans game was that shown on tape delay on Sunday on DTV NFL ticket?

I know I watched I just can't remember exactly where and how!

:)

I all ready sent a msg to nfl.com to open field pass for one game at least. This BS

A possible tragedy and they want cash f them

Edit : we can't even go yo bar to watch wow

Dolphins54 said:
Guys~

I have DTV and the game isn't even listed in the 700's like it usually is. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom